First cruise Princess Grill

Ninabelina

Hi Everybody, we are very excited as we have never cruised before but have booked a trip on QM2 for the 31st Oct to the Carribean. What can we expect, we are in Princess Grill. Are people friendly on these cruises? We are only very ordinary Yorkshire people who love to travel. Does it take a long time to disembark on a shore day as I cannot stand in line for long due to a back problem? Can the concierge organise a transfer for us when we return to New York as we have extended our trip to stay in NY and the transfer is not included because of that. Are the cabins fairly sound proof? I snore! and feel sorry for the neighbours if they would be able to hear me! I hope some of you will be able to help answer my questions.:)

You will have a wonderful time. We travelled Princess Grill on QM2 for our first cruise (cabin 10008).

The cabin sound proofing must be very good as we never heard our neighbours once.

Trips ashore were very well organised with very little hanging around.

We found the Princess Grill dining room quite austere compared with The Brittannia Dining Room but this is made up for with the excellent service, a la carte menu and the opportinity to eat "off menu" (just let the Maitre d' know what you would like the following evening and he will organise it for you)

Enjoy

Hi Everybody, we are very excited as we have never cruised before but have booked a trip on QM2 for the 31st Oct to the Carribean. What can we expect, we are in Princess Grill. Are people friendly on these cruises? We are only very ordinary Yorkshire people who love to travel. Does it take a long time to disembark on a shore day as I cannot stand in line for long due to a back problem? Can the concierge organise a transfer for us when we return to New York as we have extended our trip to stay in NY and the transfer is not included because of that. Are the cabins fairly sound proof? I snore! and feel sorry for the neighbours if they would be able to hear me! I hope some of you will be able to help answer my questions.:)

99% of the people are friendly and out going and why not even the grumps are happy on holiday . As a PG status you have priority for embarking and disembarking different times for different groups I>E Q-1 thru Q-4 goes first the balance of the QG and the PG usually go at about the same time as the self help grouip(those who carry thier own luggage with out help)!!

There is a VIP line for QG and PG pax for embarkation ask for the priority boarding line when you arrive.

Arrive early as the PG dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day go early say 12:30 and you can check out your table and perhaps change seating if you so like,

Yes the concierge will take care of your reservation and just about anything else you require including tickets for shows and excursions they even confirmed our flight home which was not booked with cunard

As to snoring I am the loudest one to snore and the rooms are very well insulated UNLESS you happen to have a connecting cabin with a common door then smoke and noise can be a problem including telephone calls,

You made an excellent choice in the PG my wife and I have sailed with cunard 4 times in bothe the QM QG and the PG we believe the PG is the best value on board for many reason and better than the QG if cost is a consideration.

Bonvoyage ., wish we were going with you jim from new jersey

Thank you for your comments so far and you are right no one is ordinary in Yorkshire, I am a very special yorkshire pudding!!! as for saying eh up thats not as bad as when I first asked the price of the cruise and in true Yorkshire fashion said "How much!!!" Still went on to book as we only have one life and it is all far too short and I just am so excited about this trip:D

Nina,

My SO and I will be on this cruise with you.

Please be sure to check into our roll call, as there are already (i think) 20 of us registered over there!

I rather think we are a friendly lot!

I have a problem standing for very long also. My left leg goes numb after about 5 minutes. Our problem was more at embarkation than disembarkation. But as a grill passenger, you will have priority on both. Make sure that you specify that as they are directing you to the lines, and don't get there too late.

I believe this time I will be buying an item I have seen others use. It is a cane with a seat attached. It hold 300 pound (so it will even hold me! <LOL> and can be taken aboard a plane without counting as luggage since it is a cane. It might be useful for those times when you unexpectedly find yourself having to stand.

Good luck and stop over to the roll call. )I'll try to post the link at some point if you can't find it. )

Karie,

who welcomes you to our wonderful group!

Ops Here is the web page! Come on over!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=461309&page=3

Bon voyage, Ninabelina. You will have a grand time travelling PG. One special treat is having use of the Queens Grill Lounge (it's just opposite the entrance to the Queens Grill Restaurant) and, its name notwithstanding, it is open to both PG and QG folk. My wife and I found it a pleasant place for cocktails before dinner and a great place for afternoon tea. Not crowded like the Queens Room often is and offering a much greater selection of tasty goodies to nibble with your tea.

Paul

Archived