Horseback Riding in Cozumel

Hogladyrider

I have a girlfriend sailing with us in August who wants to go horseback riding in Cozumel, does anyone know of any at this port?

I told her it is going to be hot as blazes in August and I'm trying to convince her to just relax on the beach with us at Paradise Beach.

From what I've read the horses are smaller and thinner than what we are accustomed to here in Florida.

Personally I think she'd be better off doing an horseback riding excursion at Half Moon Cay or at another port other than Cozumel but I'm hoping some of you can prove me incorrect.

Fire away your suggestions please.

I have a girlfriend sailing with us in August who wants to go horseback riding in Cozumel, does anyone know of any at this port?
Yes, there are several places to ride horses in Cozumel. Mr. Sanchos has a horse tour.

Travelnotes has horseback tours as well.

If she does any of the rides that are away from the beach, like in the jungle, she will be really happy if she is wearing insect repellent ;)

People on the beach shouldn't have trouble with bugs, but inland is different.

I told her it is going to be hot as blazes in August and I'm trying to convince her to just relax on the beach with us at Paradise Beach.
You are right. It will be hot. If you went to Mr. Sanchos she could still ride and you can be the smart one and hang at the beach.

From what I've read the horses are smaller and thinner than what we are accustomed to here in Florida.

I'm not sure what size you are accustomed to in FL, but the horses I've seen in Cozumel aren't large by any measure, maybe just above pony sized.

Personally I think she'd be better off doing an horseback riding excursion at Half Moon Cay or at another port other than Cozumel but I'm hoping some of you can prove me incorrect.
If you are going to HMC, that would be a better place for a horse ride. They take the horses into the water there for part of the ride. HMC has the most fabulous beach as well. Super soft sand too. My HMC photo gallery.

Rancho Buena Vista has also horseback tours , Bruce is right, insect repellant is a good idea as well as long pants, closed shoes and a bag you comfortably wear with drinkind water, camera etc. Another option for riding horses and swimming with them is Rancho Loma Bonita in Playa del Carmen...

Horses are in general a little smaller or more delicate...as adjusted to the climate but most of the good operators horses are in great shape. Don't expect to run the horse on any of the cruise excursions, for safety reasons it is walking only. Great for beginners.

good luck!

Archived