Do you take a nightlight on the cruise?

GApeachcruiser

Hi Everyone!

It has been a few years since I have cruised and this is my first cruise with a one year old :) , we have a balcony room and I think that I remember us leaving the door open a lot to hear the water. If we left the curtains open, would there be enough light in our cabin or should we pack a night light?

Thanks!

We bought a neat little alarm clock/nightlight thing at Wal-Mart. It's a neat little travel alarm clock that has a bar on it that lights up when you push it.;) You definitely need an alarm clock to get up for early excursions etc. and the cabins don't have alarm clocks in them. So we bought this thing 5 cruises ago and can't live without it. I just push the bar and it lights up as I walk to the bathrooom. But the light isn't on constantly, it only lights up when I push the bar down. And it folds up so small that it's easy to pack.:)

We take (2) the one's that are motion activated so if you get up at night it will sense the movement and will then turn off a couple minutes later. We also put one in the bathroom so you don't have to turn on the light. These things are the best for they are not on all night long. You can get them at HD or Lowes.

Good grief,

I have to smile at the thought of bringing a nightlight. I brought one once. Until I got a load of everything electrical my wonderful husband had to recharge everynight! I think the coastguard could've found the ship just from our cabin! If you are taking a husband even close to mine you will have plenty of green and blue (and red) dots lighting up a runway for you!!! Have a great trip! -Travelbugs

I bring a small flashlight to take to the bathroom at night. Might also come in handy in an emergency. Best not to leave the curtains open...you may pull into port very early in the morning and have neighbors that can look in on you! :eek:

We too just leave the light on in the bathroom. We don't even have to leave the door open. The light also comes through the crack at the top of the door.

My parents had a JS. They also left the light on in their walk on closet and that door opened a crack so my kids could see at night. (They had my kids in their room.)

Good grief,

I have to smile at the thought of bringing a nightlight. I brought one once. Until I got a load of everything electrical my wonderful husband had to recharge everynight! I think the coastguard could've found the ship just from our cabin! If you are taking a husband even close to mine you will have plenty of green and blue (and red) dots lighting up a runway for you!!! Have a great trip! -Travelbugs

I had to laugh as I read this because that was OUR cabin! Of course, we just came back from Alaska so when it WAS actually dark our cabin had lots of little lights.

Thank you everyone so much for the advice! I think that between DH's electronics lighting the way and leaving the bathroom light on, we should be okay without bringing a nightlight for our ds (13 months). I am getting so giddy! We only have 11 days until we leave!! YEAH!!

Thanks again!

:D

Lindsay

Thank you everyone so much for the advice! I think that between DH's electronics lighting the way and leaving the bathroom light on, we should be okay without bringing a nightlight for our ds (13 months). I am getting so giddy! We only have 11 days until we leave!! YEAH!!

Thanks again!

:D

Lindsay

Have an awesome time!!!!

I always bring a nightlight and plug it into the extension cord that I use for my curling iron, etc. I find the bathroom light WAAAAY to bright for middle of the night potty breaks.

Archived