Legend & Glory Looking for Feedback

I'm looking to hear from people who have sailed on BOTH Legend & Glory.

We've only sailed Glory and love the ship.

Legend is the class with the extended balconies and we are looking at a western sailing next Sept 2008.

If we love Glory will we like Legend? We'd be booking an aft balcony room on either Upper or Empress decks.

The other option is to sail Glory Eastern again, there are always activities to do visiting ports more than once that's for sure.

Thanks.

Both ships are fab. I really love the spirit class which includes the spirit, miracle, pride, legend. Have been on legend 2X and one time it was my worst cruz ever but no fault to carnival or legend; roommate was b -.

My last cruise was on the legend and my fav overall; had a fab extended balc on floor 6; big bath; and a great group to party with every single day!!!

my husb and 2 sons age 20 and 22 had a blast on the glory...disco is hot!

you can't go wrong with either one BUT spirit class has bigger balcs and is a little easier to navigate.......cruise either way......you WILL LOVE it!

kimmie

p.s. next cruise carnival liberty 10/13/07:D

We've sailed both and prefer the Glory. We did like the Legend but liked the Glory more. Why.......we prefer the stadium seating around the pool and it seemed the people were more of a mixed age. The Legend's pools almost seem like they are boxed in (which we don't care for), and when we sailed there were too many older folks (we are in late 40's early 50's) but we were forever trying to get around people with walkers and oxygen milling around, but we did prefer the way they set the food areas up on the Lido deck on the Legend. As far as rooms go, we thought they were the same -have had aft balcony rooms on both ships.

That said we are booked on the Miracle next, no cruise is a bad cruise but if I had a preference for the ship type we take the Glory. I know many who prefer the Legend set up.

Happy cruising.........

We've sailed both and prefer the Glory. We did like the Legend but liked the Glory more. Why.......we prefer the stadium seating around the pool and it seemed the people were more of a mixed age. The Legend's pools almost seem like they are boxed in (which we don't care for), and when we sailed there were too many older folks (we are in late 40's early 50's) but we were forever trying to get around people with walkers and oxygen milling around, but we did prefer the way they set the food areas up on the Lido deck on the Legend. As far as rooms go, we thought they were the same -have had aft balcony rooms on both ships.

That said we are booked on the Miracle next, no cruise is a bad cruise but if I had a preference for the ship type we take the Glory. I know many who prefer the Legend set up.

Happy cruising.........

Thanks for this info, this is what I was looking for. I have stayed away from Carnival for years because of the reputation as a party ship for young people. But I found a great deal on the Legend in Oct. I do not think this would be a big time young adults would be traveling so I will be among the 50 somethings dodging the walkers. They don't usually take up chairs in the sun

so they won't bother me! LOL!

I have sailed the Glory and Legend. Plus the Liberty which is similar to the Glory. And we are booked on the Miracle which is a sister to the Legend.

The differences are subtle. Legend has one big dining room in the Aft. Not a problem, as I found it to be quite nice. The adult pool is also in the Aft and is not enclosed. Just a railing around the area which gives it a nice open feel.

The Legend has a less crowded feel to it too. (900 less people would make it seem that way.;) ) And it is easier to walk around because there is no Galley seperating some of the Main decks.

One good thing is Legend has multi-head showers in the Spa locker rooms, The one bad thing is there is NO Fish and Chips.

We loved both ships. Enjoy your Cruise. Hope this helps.

My husband and I have traveled 2X on the Legend and both times were AWESOME! The ship layout was easy to learn and the itenerary was perfect. The staff were more than accomodating and everyone from the Lido bar to the dining room knew our names and our preferences. As for making our way around the wheelchairs and oxygen tanks, we did this without complaint. We figure we're going to be there one day and I'm sure someone will complain about us as well... Oh, these folks in their wheelchairs make GREAT conversationalists. Try it sometime. Then you may know what your future holds:) Two middle agers who love cruising.

First of all thanks for posting the question....We already sailed the Glory for our first and are looking seriously at the Legend for April '08.

I thought the Glory was awesome.....We never had problems getting chairs, seats, towels, etc., it did take a few days to learn the layout...but as long as I had a cocktail in hand I was OK!!!

We didnt see many gray hairs on the ship....a few..hey wait, I think I did dance with a few gray hairs in the disco.....

I did like the stadium seating around the main pool.....I thought that broke things up....first day at sea was crowded but that was it.......

I can agree with much of the above. We, too, have sailed both, and in fact are leaving in 2 weeks for the Glory (have sailed on her twice already). There is something to be said for the Spirit class ship; it does seem less crowded and easier to navigate, but there's nothing wrong with either ship; both are fabulous! You'll have a great time, no matter what!

Archived