Ft Lauderdale/Port Everglades

iyl

Does anyone know how much per day they charge to park at the port?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area to stay at?My husband and I along with my FIL and MIL are going on a cruise in December on the Jewel and are looking for any hints or information that we can get. We are driving from Louisiana.

Thank you for your help. :confused:

We usually park at the Park and Fly just outside the port entrance. I think It's 8$ a day. They pick you up in a van at your car and load your luggage into the van than drop you off at the ship and unload your luggage and give it to the ship's handlers. They give you a card with the parking space number where you parked your car and their phone number. When you get off the ship you call them and they send the van for you. It may take a little while depending on the number of ships in port that day. We have used this service twice and plan on using them again in Nov on our Jewel cruise. I belive it's

12$ a day at the port.

According to the Port Everglades web site it's $12.00 per day. We stayed at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale and we're very satisfied with it. We won it on Priceline for under $100.00 per night. It's practically walking distance from the port.

We usually park at the Park and Fly just outside the port entrance. I think It's 8$ a day. They pick you up in a van at your car and load your luggage into the van than drop you off at the ship and unload your luggage and give it to the ship's handlers. They give you a card with the parking space number where you parked your car and their phone number. When you get off the ship you call them and they send the van for you. It may take a little while depending on the number of ships in port that day. We have used this service twice and plan on using them again in Nov on our Jewel cruise. I belive it's

12$ a day at the port.

Same for us, covenient,good service, get a coupon on line.

I'll put my vote in for Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale.

We just returned from our cruise this past Friday and we stayed at Comfort Suites before the cruise and Embassy Suites after the cruise. Embassy has a free shuttle to/from the port and to/from the airport. Their rooms are all suites. They have an excellent free breakfast (made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, etc.) not just a continental breakfast. Free USA today. Pool & hot tub. Shopping & restaurants are within walking distance. I booked for $130 but you might be able to do better.

Thank you for the tips. I will be checking things out. It's hard to belive a cruise in December is less then 6 months away. This is our first time doing the Eatern Caribbean route, first time on the Jewel and first time out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We've had good luck getting AmeriSuites on 17th St. at a decent rate on Priceline. If you're nervous about bidding, read up on it at http://www.biddingfun.com-- it really is informative. We've also stayed at Sleep Inn in Dania. Both of these hotels are very near the port and offer shuttle service, but I don't know if either one lets you park there for free while you're off on your cruise. They also include breakfast, and while neither is luxurious, they're both clean and convenient to shopping/dining.

Several years back I also stayed at the Comfort Inn (Hollywood-- maybe 17th St. also), and found that convenient as well. I've heard in the past-- but don't know if it's fact-- that they let you park there for free for the week while cruising. They also have a great breakfast and a beautiful pool area. Worth checking out!

Archived