Cape Liberty- Bayonne NJ- Transfers from CT

I am planning my 5th cruise and 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean in October. I live in CT and the pier is in Bayonne NJ.

I would love to hear from anyone else in CT who have cruised from Bayonne before..

Can you tell me how you arranged transportation? Are there bus transfers?

Any help would be appreciated..

We'll be going on our first cruise out of Bayonne this summer. We plan to drive and park our own car.

We have driven to the Port of NY for two cruises and found it to be painless (less than 1.5 hours from our house) and affordable. For those NY cruises, we had looked into a car service and paying for parking was much cheaper.

Here's the link for the Cape Liberty Port in Bayonne: http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm Parking at Cape Liberty is $15 per day, plus tax.

Enjoy your cruise!

In May, we were lucky enough to have the bus transportation free. There are several bus routes; New London, New Haven, Bridgeport, Hartford. I have friend going at the end of July. They are paying ~$110 pp for the use of the bus. I think the fee is based on how full the ship is. The 'emptier' the ship, the more willing RC is to offer a perk to get you to cruise. It saves the hassle of driving in traffic, especially over the GW bridge. There's no stress, your vacation starts earlier. We really enjoyed taking the bus.

I will let you know is Sept. when we go. We were doing to do the transfers, but it looks like the bus is 150.00 or so pp. That's 300 total for the 2 of us. We are going to drive....it looks like about 3 hours from map quest where we live. My friends are driving next Friday for the 9 day, so I can let you know more when they return.

For 15.00 a day to park it just makes more sense to drive. Maybe my hubby will read this post and rent a limo for us.......it is our anniversary the day we leave!!!!

Barbara

We drove from Trumbull. It took less than two hours down with some trafic after the GW. It took us three hours to get back. It was bumper to bumper from the GW to greenwich. Next year I'm taking the Palisades parkway and skipping I 95. In any case I think it's better than the bus. Hope this helps.

I am planning my 5th cruise and 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean in October. I live in CT and the pier is in Bayonne NJ.

I would love to hear from anyone else in CT who have cruised from Bayonne before..

Can you tell me how you arranged transportation? Are there bus transfers?

Any help would be appreciated..

We are taking the RCCL bus out of Hartford, in January. $120 PP. Well worth it , to not have to drive or worry about winter comditions. :)

Well, here's a question in relation to the "sometimes it's free" comment. So, does that mean that I shouldn't bother to check into it until close to cruise time? I'm sure if it was $110pp from Hartford, we'd just end up driving, but if it was considerably cheaper or free, then we'd go ahead and take it!

Thanks!

Archived