Just got back from Sovereign...

:D And it was great! It was our first cruise and I didn't know what to expect. I had read some good reviews and not so good reviews of the ship. The service in the dining room by Kristian and Alex was flawless. The food was good to very good (usually very good when we took Kristian's recommendations). They spoiled my MIL so much she wanted to take them home with her.

The ship was very clean and our room was kept spotless by the steward even though he had to work around my husband who wanted to sleep late everyday. We had a great time! I even won the Bingo Jackpot on the last day!

I have only posted once I think on this board because I usually found all the information I needed on this board by just reading the threads. I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the useful information. It really helped me as I planned the trip. We are thinking about maybe an Alaskan cruise next year.

Thanks again!

We are going in september. Did you birng any kids with you? I am wondering about the family beach events. Also were you inside or outside cabin and what deck? We were on splendor last year and it was great. Glad you had fun

We did not bring kids with us, but the family we sat with at dinner had a rising fifth grader and ninth grader and they both loved Adventure Ocean. We also saw a lot of kids playing in the ocean and beach at Coco Cay. The water was pretty calm and even very young kids were playing at the edge. They also had inflatable waterslides near the beach. I think there was a charge for those.

We were on Deck 3 in an Oceanview room. We had a porthole, not a full window. It was nice to be able to look out and see the water.The rooms are small but functional. We did not have any problems with the plumbing or water. It did take a few showers to figure out how to control the temp. (Left turns on the water. Right faucet controls temp.) :rolleyes:

We are booked on deck 8. They claim it is an obstructed view but I've seen pictures of the view from a post on here and it looks great. window instead of portholes. We were going to book a shore excursion at Cococay but decided not too when we heard about the possibility of family beach fun & games. How was the shopping in Nassau? Did you go to the discover shopping thing?

Oh yeah, and what was your favourite thing about the ship (something you would recommend or something you tried etc.):D

Congratulations on winning the jackpot!!

btw...was there a safe in your cabin? We were aboard when the ship was fairly new, and I can't remember if there were safes or not.

Did they offer self-assist (taking your luggage off the ship yourself)?

Congratulations on winning the jackpot!!

btw...was there a safe in your cabin? We were aboard when the ship was fairly new, and I can't remember if there were safes or not.

Did they offer self-assist (taking your luggage off the ship yourself)?

No in room safes on the Sovereign, and yes you can self-disembark.

House7,

We liked several different things on the ship. I will give you my top few.

The Love and Marriage show was hysterical (not for little ears though). It was not outright explicit, but it would invite questions from elementary and young middle schoolers. High schoolers would probably be okay ( I teach high school.)

The self-serve free frozen yogurt on the very top deck overlooking the pool by the bar was a great treat.

Eating in the dining room was also very enjoyable. Kristian and Alex were great. Kristian called the fifth grade girl from the family eating at our table Princess and cut her steak for her every night.

Coco Cay was also a lot of fun, but extremely hot.

Hope this helps!

Kim

House7,

We liked several different things on the ship. I will give you my top few.

The Love and Marriage show was hysterical (not for little ears though). It was not outright explicit, but it would invite questions from elementary and young middle schoolers. High schoolers would probably be okay ( I teach high school.)

The self-serve free frozen yogurt on the very top deck overlooking the pool by the bar was a great treat.

Eating in the dining room was also very enjoyable. Kristian and Alex were great. Kristian called the fifth grade girl from the family eating at our table Princess and cut her steak for her every night.

Coco Cay was also a lot of fun, but extremely hot.

Hope this helps!

Kim

Thanks looking forward to Coco Cay as we did not make it on Mariner. Hopefully we can make it on Sovereign.

Archived