Jelly Fish Season Mazatlan

Calicruiser101

I am booked w/ Randi in Mazatlan and she said it is Jelly fish season.:( Anybody not able to swim off Stone Island in July because of this? We swam in Cabo 3 years ago, in July, and did not have a problem, is this just mostly a problem in Mazatlan?

Hi, we just returned day before yesterday from a week in Maz. Jellyfish were very bad. Saw many people get stung- they would come FLYING out of the ocean with multiple stings. But also saw many people swim for hours in the surf without getting stung. The lifeguards had some sort of spray they would put on the stings. Don't know what was in the bottle. Someone told me lime juice works to relieve the sting. Another told me you can put WD-40 on them! Some evenings, it was hard to walk along the shore line because there were many jellyfish washed up on the sand. Maybe Stone Island has different currents and you won't see any at all. Hope this doesn't scare you too much!

HAHAHA I like that answer.

Just ask and people on the beach, espiecally the life guards will tell you. They don't want to risk getting stung, tho they will, to pull you out.

At Victor's restaurant they have emergency kits, which Randi bought them, so they are equiped and they carry one around the beach on their ATV's. Anybody that says Mazatlan is out of jelly fish season doesn't know squat and sure as heck was not born and raised there.

Again, I have only been visiting there for 17 years but can tell you it can extend into September. Somebody is wanting to pull the wool over your eyes and I'm betting has nothing to help you if you do get stung.

Some people will do anything to earn a buck even if you get hurt

Just keep that in mind.:eek:

May, June, July, and Aug. are the biggest threat of jelly fish although they can come in Sept. and Oct. but rarely.

King David, who is not telling the truth about much of anything, especially this. It can be very dangerous. If you have an allergy to bee stings you can go into anaphelptc shock. ok can't spell. Just looked it up on the net.

Have a blast just watch out for the life guards warning flags or swim at your own risk this time of year.

Scruffers

Archived