Dinner Seating????

We are a party of 9, 6 adults and three children. Two 10 year olds and one 12 year old. What are the chances of them putting other people at our table? If it was just my DH, DD, and I it wouldn't be a problem but this is my parents, and sister's family and we would rather it just be us. We tend to have a lot of joking, laughing, and carrying on and it might be weird if there was someone else we didnt' know at our table.

So do they add people to a table of nine and if they do can we try to get that switched?

We are on the Pride.

There will be no room to add another couple to your table, single cruisers are usually put at tables with other singles or smaller groups.

Although a few years ago, we were a party of 8 and they sat 2 other people at our table,(a mom & daughter) we all got along great.

I believe the largest tables are for 10 people. So I wouldn't think that they would add one single to your table. I would say you are pretty safe.

Though you are most likely correct, the knuckleheads at NCL placed me with a family of 7. Needless to say I did request another table after the first evening as much for their comfort as mine, can't imagine what the matre'd was thinking.

Quick question about seating arrangements.

We will have a party of 14 on the fantasy next year. There are tables that seat 4, 6, 8, and 10.

Will they try to keep us in two large groups (6 & 8) or one big and one small (4 & 10)?

Knowing we will have at minimum 2 tables, will they try to assign us a tables near to each other?

We are a party of 9, 6 adults and three children. Two 10 year olds and one 12 year old. What are the chances of them putting other people at our table? If it was just my DH, DD, and I it wouldn't be a problem but this is my parents, and sister's family and we would rather it just be us. We tend to have a lot of joking, laughing, and carrying on and it might be weird if there was someone else we didnt' know at our table.

So do they add people to a table of nine and if they do can we try to get that switched?

We are on the Pride.

Don't know about all that, but I see you still have a funky signature :D

We are on the Pride.

OK, the maitre'd might be annoying but he isn't a sadist. Why on earth would he want to subject two strangers to a party of nine?

Don't worry, it won't happen.

BnB

how would i go about asking to be seated with atleast 2 or 3 other couples? my last cruise we initially sat with a 1 couple it was torture to get through that first dinner very odd couple and it was only a table for 4. we asked to be sat elsewhere the next day and where seated with 2 funny, normal couples.

Quick question about seating arrangements.

We will have a party of 14 on the fantasy next year. There are tables that seat 4, 6, 8, and 10.

Will they try to keep us in two large groups (6 & 8) or one big and one small (4 & 10)?

Knowing we will have at minimum 2 tables, will they try to assign us a tables near to each other?

As long as all your reservations are linked together, they will definitely seat you close together. The arrangement of the tables will depend on how everyone else at your dining time has requested to be seated also.

I know that doesn't help much, but seating arrangements are a wait and see aspect of the cruise.

PS. We'll keep the ship as clean as possible for you. ;)

Lol! My group of 14 is going on the Fantasy Sept 08. As for the inspiration...its just the four of us. Yes..keep it clean! I know where to find you if not!:D

We all booked at the same time with the same PVP. Is that what you mean "depends on how the others in your group booked". We all have the 6:15 dining time and we should all be "linked" in the system.

By the way, Mike, not only would I like a FULL report when you return, but I have to compliment you on the quote in your siggie. Gave me quite the giggle.

Actually I was referring to everybody else that will be eating at 6:15 too. How they split your group might depend on how other parties need to be seated also.

I always write up something when we get back. Although we won't be back til the 12th (spending a lil extra time in FL). So we'll have to compare notes.

Glad it made you laugh. Thought it was pretty funny myself when I first read it.

We just returned from the Destiny 6/10-6/17 and we had 13 traveling. They gave us a table of 8 next to a table of 6 and said we could arrange our group any way we wanted. And we had the same waiter and asst waiter for both tables, so it really didn't matter how we sat. Since we were there to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary on 6/15, we rearranged every night so that everyone got a chance to sit with Mom & Dad (or Grandma and Grandpa as the case may be) once or twice throughout the week. They did not try to add a single to our group and the ship was essentially booked. Every cabin was taken but some of the third and fourth berths were not filled, so even with a full ship, they can still accommodate this without jamming a single with a large family.

how would i go about asking to be seated with atleast 2 or 3 other couples? my last cruise we initially sat with a 1 couple it was torture to get through that first dinner very odd couple and it was only a table for 4. we asked to be sat elsewhere the next day and where seated with 2 funny, normal couples.

On embarkation day, check out the cruise newsletter of the day (the Carnival Capers) and find out when the maitre'd station is open. Visit the maitre'd and chat with him/her about your dining situation and (s)he can usually help you with any dining situation you want if it is possible. Note: from all that I have heard, it is easier to get your choice/priority at the late seating than the early seating. Often, the early seating is slight more popular and they may not be able to accommodate as many special requests as the late seating.

Thanks Snoopy! Thats EXACTLY what I want, a table of 8 & 6 side by side. I was looking at the floor plans and this would be ideal. I never dreamed they might be runned by the same wait team so to have the opportunity to shuffle seating sounds even better!

What seating were you at?

Side note: I do plan to talk to the Maitre D. Even if he can't change anything, at least we'll have an idea of the arrangement beforehand and figure out how we're going to split up.

we're waitlisted for an early dinner. To me, it doesn't matter which early seating we get.

Are tables assigned? Like we're assigned to table 49 during the whole cruise? We have 6 in our group, so most likely we'll have our own table? I don't mind sharing with others as long as it's not another 6 or so, I don't think you can quite enjoy dinner, talking, stories, etc.

Do you switch dining rooms? or are you in the same dining room each night?

I loved sitting with our dinner mates on the Magic. There was a couple from Wales who had traveled all over the world! A family from Alabama and a threesome of girls from Pennsylvania, not quite sure what the whole relationship was there, other than one was married and just along for her first cruise. Unfortunately, she was seasick most of the time. Poor thing!

Thanks Snoopy! Thats EXACTLY what I want, a table of 8 & 6 side by side. I was looking at the floor plans and this would be ideal. I never dreamed they might be runned by the same wait team so to have the opportunity to shuffle seating sounds even better!

What seating were you at?

Side note: I do plan to talk to the Maitre D. Even if he can't change anything, at least we'll have an idea of the arrangement beforehand and figure out how we're going to split up.

I always get the late seating for dinner. We often eat late at home and we do not like to be rushed. It's not unusual for us to wait until the last minute to come back on-board ship from the port (we usually get back on ship 30 minutes before sailing) and then we need to wash up and don't want to have to either cut our port call short or rush to get to dinner. If we are a little hungry, we can stop by the buffet and get a small snack to eat to tide us over until dinner. It just works best for us.

Even when there are two dining rooms, the seating is all computerized and the one maitre'd can handle seating assignments for both seatings in both dining rooms. When we were on the Carnival Destiny two weeks ago, I went to check on our dining assignments and we were late seating in one DR and I was behind a group with early seating in the other DR. The maitre'd handled both without any problems. My only problem was his counterpart in the DR we were assigned to wasn't nearly as good for us as he was! :(

Archived