Race Fantastique and Paradise Beach??

*love2travel*

I would also love to know the answer to this! We are planning on doing the race in oct off the inspiration, but would also like to hit the beach and do some shopping! Has anyone done this excursion? Did you have time for other things when you were finished???

We to are have booked the race in Oct off the Ecstasy. On the My Reservation Page on Carnival.com, It will tell you the time slot of your excursion. Our rcae is from 9:30 to 2:30 , so since we arrive at 8 and leave at 4, We will have about an hour and a half before and after.

Hope that helps a little.

I would like to know how you like the Race? Please let us know.

Hi all,

My name is Larry and I am one of the organizers of Race Fantastique, an awesome event, if I may say so myself. Although the Carnival literature lists us as a 5 hour activity, this is only if you and your team are very slow, and if you choose to linger at the post-race awards lunch for a really long time. (Some teams like to hang out; they just can't get enough of us.) Most people find they can do the whole thing within 4 hours. Which means that with a 9:30 start, you'd be done around 1:30. I don't know how much time you hoped to spend at Paradise Beach, but generally speaking, there is plenty of time to do fun stuff after our race. I hope this helped, and when you do the race, please come introduce yourselves to me and mention this board for a cool little prize. If you have any questions, feel free to check out our website: www.racefantastique.com or e-mail me directly: larryt@larfrace.com. Smooth sailing.

Hi Larry, Thanks for the info. There will be a group of 6 of us doing the race on 8-11-07. We will be sure to say hi!!!!

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise and did the Race Fantastique. I believe that they only offer one race per day, as we had participants from 2 different Carnival ships during our race. As Race Guy stated, yes, you would have time to do both, although it won't be much time. There is an awards ceremony after the last team arrives, so if that's you and you want lunch, you could be there a bit longer than those that arrive earlier and get their lunch beforehand. There was about and hour and a half between the first team and the last (7 teams total). You'll have to factor in the taxi from the downtown area to Paradise Beach and then back to your pier plus the walk from the pier to the ship itself...

I personally would do one or the other, but that's just me...when I get to the beach I want to have a few hours to spend and not be worrying about getting back onboard. We found the longest lines to reboard in Cozumel...it took us about 25 minutes.

Archived