Would a tuxedo be useful?

hauntmeister

I have been following this thread with interest and have been waiting for a comment on Christmas and New years because we are on the Natica over these holidays this year. My wife spoke to one of the staff when we were onboard last year and asked about dress for the new years eve dinner and his reply suggested that a Tuxedo may be appropriate. Can anybody who has been on board during these special evenings tell me if the dress is formal. I dont want to take the tux but my wife is sounding very firm. Help!!

"Everyone brings joy to a room. Some when they enter, some when they leave."

Love that quote! I use it in my classroom, whenever I need to kick a student out.

Thanks! I can't claim to be the author. I read it somewhere and loved it! :)

I have been following this thread with interest and have been waiting for a comment on Christmas and New years because we are on the Natica over these holidays this year. My wife spoke to one of the staff when we were onboard last year and asked about dress for the new years eve dinner and his reply suggested that a Tuxedo may be appropriate. Can anybody who has been on board during these special evenings tell me if the dress is formal. I dont want to take the tux but my wife is sounding very firm. Help!!

I've never been on Oceania over the holiday's, but have friends who have. Believe what Cruiser John says. You do NOT need a tuxedo or formal wear and the daily newspaper will never say "formal attire". Yes, there are many that will kick it up a notch and I'm sure on those nights you'll see more glitter on the ladies and more jackets on the men, however it's totally optional. I doubt you'll see any tuxedo's unless there's a group travelling together and they decided amongst themselves they they were all going to dress formally. We had a group like that on one cruise (they were from South America and very flashy) but not on the other cruise.

I tend to be on the more dressy side of casual for dinner and DH will wear gabardine trousers and an elegant button down linen shirt to dinner. As the brochure says - Country Club Casual. If I were on the cruise over New Years, I'm sure I'd be in a dressy top, spiked heel sexy shoes and either dressy pants or a black skirt. Maybe DH would wear a blazer. But as Cruise John says, please tell your wife not to spoil it for the rest of us. :)

She's really fussing over it too much.

Most of us like Oceania because there are NO formal nights and we'd prefer to keep it that way.

Archived