Bermuda Catamarans...

LynandBill

Hi,

We are going on the Crown in Sept out of Brooklyn. We are trying to decide our Bermuda excursion between Restless Native Catamaran Cruise and The Bermuda Ultimate Catamaran Sail and Swim adventure(Rising son II). Has anyone been on either excursion. Both are 3 1/2 hrs and both offer rum swizzles. Do they offer any other alcoholic beverages?

Thanks,

Bill

db we leave on the Crown this Thursday and we have the Ultimate Catamaran booked in Bermuda. I will let you know when we return.

You can book them both now and later cancel the one you don't want.

QUOTE=hill6;10686974]db we leave on the Crown this Thursday and we have the Ultimate Catamaran booked in Bermuda. I will let you know when we return.

You can book them both now and later cancel the one you don't want.

Thanks, have fun!!! We have 2 months 4 days, can't wait. Enjoy! Bill

I would like to tell you what happened to my Ultimate Catamaran experience on the June 8th sailing of the Crown. I had spent a lot of time, like you, deciding on which excursion would be best for that day. I planned it special for 5 members of my family. My mother had her heart set on a catamaran excursion so I decided on the Ultimate because it was described as the best catamaran (in my opinion) and had the kayaks, noodles, snorkeling, and swizzles. Well, one day we all received a note in our cabins that the Ultimate catamaran had broken down and it would be substituted with 2 smaller catamarans, one fast and one slow. The group would be split, one on the fast on the way to the snorkel site and slow on the way back and vice versa. My DH and I checked with the excursion desk to see if the kayaks, rafts, swizzle, etc would still be there. The 2 people at the desk had NO IDEA that any changes had even been made! After checking with several employees, they determined everything would be the same except for the catamarans. Okay, so we decided to stick with it... So then we port in Bermuda and we all show up for the excursion and the guide tells us there will be NO catamaran at all. We will be riding on a double decker ferry type of boat. He says if we want to cancel we can. Well, we really didn't have an option (in my opinion) at that point. It was too late to switch to the other catamaran! So my family and I went, and it was fine....but I really felt bad because my Mother had her heart just set on going on a catamaran trip with all of us kids... BTW, my DH and I both agreed that the snorkeling was much better in St. Thomas. (We did the Sea Blaster there....see review under ports). Good luck to you all!

Archived