Leaving on Victory, do I need..

skitch57

I am packing to leave for New York tomorrow and will be leaving on the Victory Thursday and have a few questions. Is there a hair dryer in the cabin? Is it possible to pack a few beers and a bottle of wine on board or is this a hassle? Other than the one formal night, are the other 3 casual for dinner? We've seen Peggy Cove - any suggestions for what to do in Halifax? Any good carnival tours or something we should do on our own? Didn't have time to do the research on this one. How has the weather been? Do I need a jacket and longer pants? Any suggestions will help.

We were on the Victory in March although we cruised to Western Carribean. Yes, there are hair dryers in all of the cabins. We didn't try to bring any liquor on, however, we did try to bring bottled water. When our luggage arrived, 2 of the 6 bottles of water were taken out of suitcase = apparently they have a limit! As far as dressing for dinner - other than the formal night - I saw lots of capris, skirts, and very casual sundresses!

As mentioned above, there are hair dryers in the cabins. They are not very good, so if you have any sort of thickness to your hair, I would suggest you bring your own. It sort of looks like a vaccum cleaner hose. :p We brought our own when we sailed the Victory in March, and we were sure glad that we did.

Happy sailing,

Gayle

What you REALLY need to do, is let me know your cabin number and I'll go along with you and provide anything you may need. I'll also bring my hair dryer. I'm very quiet and don't need much space! Please take me. :eek: Seriously have a great time, you'll love the Victory. :D

There is lots to do in Halifax. There is the brewery tour, I believe the name of it is Keiths. You have the Titanic Museum and the Titanic Graveyards. The Citadel fort has a great tour that you can take and I believe they have a changing of the gaurd around noon that is a must see. About 15 minutes outside Halifax is Fishermans Cove in Eastern Passage. It is a little fishing village with shops and great opportunities to take pictures of fishing boats in port.

There are lots of things to do, but those are a few hightlights.

Archived