Dolphin Discovery excursion

Does anyone has any feedback on doing the Dolphin excursion at Anguilla on their own? How long did it take to get there? Can I use a birth certificate (for my child) to pass throug customs instead of a passport? Is it safer to book with RCI?:confused:

We just returned from the Mariner of the Seas. We went on the Dolphin Encounter in Anquilla. It was incredible! My kids, ages 7 and 13 loved it. You don't need to bring your passports or the kids birth certificates on the excursion. You should book it through RCCL so that you are certain that you will return to the ship on time. The trip included an approx. 45 min boat ride (the water was choppy that day so I would suggest sitting on the upper deck if you get seasick). The back of the boat got soaked. There is an air conditioned bus ride to a beautiful beach (the sand is like sugar and the water is clear and warm). There was a buffet lunch included (chicken hot dogs, hamburgers, etc) in a cabana while you watch the dolphins and overlook the water.

You get into the water (about waist deep). Everyone wears life vests. You pet the dolphins and have them do tricks. You get a kiss from the dolphin and dance with them. The entire thing is professionally taped and for sale for only about $30. Photos are also taken. They break you up into groups so that you get more time with the dolphins (about 20-30 minutes). You will love it. We thought it was definately worth the money. Hope this helps!

Archived