Scheduling At Caymen

monjo

Hi, my family just booked the stingray tour with Captain Bryan. The time is from 10:30 til 1:30. Our ship, the Conquest is in port from 7:00 am till 4:00 pm. This is the 1st time to to be here. We were wondering if there would be any time to walk to 7-mile beach or shop. Or should we try to schedule a shorter, earlier excursion with Captain Marvin. Thanks for any info. you can provide.

7MB is not close enough to the port area to walk. You could have CB drop you off somewhere along 7MB and then grab a cab back to the port. If your ship is leaving at 4, the last tender will probably be around 3 or so, so that won't leave you much time. The shopping is right in the port area, so you could come back and shop a bit before getting back on the ship.

Our first visit to GC was on a ship. Our ship was in port the same time. Here's what we ended up doing.

We booked an island tour through the ship (so we could be the first off the ship-although it didn't really matter in our case-everyone that was there, got off the ship with us). I believe we met the driver in the tender area around 8 or so. We were dropped off by 10:30 and then we walked to Captain Marvin's to do their 11:15-1:30 stingray excursion.

After the excursion, we had CM drop us at Rackham's for a late lunch. We ate lunch, and then walked back to the port. I had wanted to do some shopping, but we didn't have time.

That first time we did the shorter excursion because I wasn't sure about how much time we'd have. We went in the winter, so the ship time and island time were the same (we sailed out of Miami).

You might try and find someone who has been on the Conquest and see what they do about the time issue because it will be different that what we experienced most likely. Grand Cayman doesn't observe daylight savings, so in the winter, GC is on the same time as the eastern and in the summer, it's the same as the midwest zones. So you have to watch your timing of your tour depending on what time of the year you're cruising and what port you depart from. But Captain Marvin's knew all this info, and I would imagine that CB's knows this too. I've not ever read of anyone being on an excursion that ran past when they thought it would and missed their ship.

Thank you so much for the info. I guess we'll just stick with Capt. Bryan and do some shopping. I was hoping to see the beach. Oh well. I'm sure we'll have fun.

Thank you so much for the info. I guess we'll just stick with Capt. Bryan and do some shopping. I was hoping to see the beach. Oh well. I'm sure we'll have fun.

What time do you need to check in for your excursion? If you have to check in around 9:45, you could do some shopping first (I don't know what time the stores open, but I'll bet they are open by 9), and then have CB drop you at Royal Palms for a late lunch and a short beach stay.

You might also email them and tell them what you'd like to do and see what they suggest.

Archived