Just back from Enchantment of the Seas

Hi. My DW and I just return from Enchantment of the Seas and had a great time and if anyone had any questions I'll do my best to answer.

One thing I really wanted to say is that we did the Deluxe Beach Break excursion and it was horrible no matter where we were on the beach we could smell sewage and the buffet had flies all over the food. We took a taxi back to the ship 45 minutes after arriving. We let the RCCL staff on board know and they gave us $15 per person credit but we paid $65 dollars per person plus $15 cab ride. I would beware of this excursion. In my opinion there was nothing DELUXE about it. If I write a letter to RCCL about this issue, would I be wasting my time?

other than that..how was the cruise...how is the ship since the stretch. were going in December.

The ship was beautiful. This was our second time on her since the stretch. We had a JS on the aft and the room was great, new bedding. Our wait staff was the best we have had out of our three cruises. Our waiter, Ciprian (spelling) from Romania, was the best and we very much enjoyed seeing him every night of our cruise. We eventually just started calling him "CIP" for short and he loved it. I wish there was a way to find out what ship waiters are on a head time :)

Menu is the same fleet wide. I go on the Enchantment for my "break from the rigors of life" cruise each year. It is quiet and serene, but oodles of fun are to be had. We had a blast at the $5 blackjack table. It seemed like the same core players were there off and on all week. We became fast friends. The service is superior to the larger ships. The waiters explained that they don;t have as many tables and are able to provide better service on the smaller ships.

Just curious, which port is this "deluxe" beach break? I'm not a beach person, but it would be good to know for future reference.

Menu is the same fleet wide. I go on the Enchantment for my "break from the rigors of life" cruise each year. It is quiet and serene, but oodles of fun are to be had. We had a blast at the $5 blackjack table. It seemed like the same core players were there off and on all week. We became fast friends. The service is superior to the larger ships. The waiters explained that they don;t have as many tables and are able to provide better service on the smaller ships.

Just curious, which port is this "deluxe" beach break? I'm not a beach person, but it would be good to know for future reference.

The deluxe beach was in Cozumel.

We took this same cruise last August 2006 and the menu was the exact same (as far as I can remember)

I am glad you had a great time! Thanks for the info regarding the "beach break." We were thinking of hitting the beach in Cozumel, but since we will be at the beach in Cococay, we are probably going to skip it in Cozumel.

I can't wait to get on this ship in six weeks!

I hope you will be able to post a full review! Was your cruise 4 or 5 days? How were the other ports? How was the cabin?

Again, glad you had fun!

Archived