Ensenada - Papas and Beer Excursion?

Iguanatravel

Hello,

Has anyone taken an excursion from Ensenada to Rosarito for the Papas and Beer Beach Club? I was wondering if it is worth the hour bus ride to go to the beach there? I know the water will be similar to San Diego but, have no idea what the Beach Club is like. Any info would be great.

Thanks, Russ

Hello...

I happen to have a little casita in Rosarito so I'm very familiar with Papas and Beer...by reputation. It's just a bar with tee shirts for sale, the same beach as all of Rosarito and has a reputation for rowdy drunken behavior....lots of local police around on Fri and Sat nights and school vacations.

If you simply wish to get drunk, there are many fine drinking establishments in Ensensada...and you will not pay for the long ride to Rosarito.

If you don't wish to go to a bar, then Ensenada is a larger city than Rosarito, but easy to get around in and there are some nice side trips and local beaches.

Have a great time whatever you decide to do...

murphysmum

Hi!

Yes, big time party atmosphere and lots of noise. I haven't walked down that street in probably six months. They ARE on the beach and they are a bar with food. It's possible they've done something to the beach area to make it a "destination tour".

I think that anyone looking for a "party scene" would enjoy it. However, as I said, possibly in a different way, Rosarito and Ensenada are both fun Mexican beach towns and getting off of a ship to drive an hour from one to the other seems redundant...and probably expensive.

Enjoy yourselves!

murphysmum ;)

To be totally honest... the beaches in Mexico, or I should say around Ensenada and Rosarito are really not all that nice and you will find that the water there is fairly cold.

What might be a better suggestion is Estero Beach... its much closer to Ensenada then Rosarito. Murphysmum is right... its a long drive for a short time and you may not be that happy you did.

Archived