Princess or Royal Carribean

cjml

We love to cruise and have only cruised Princess. However, we are looking at a Royal Carribean cruise out of Galveston for March, 2008. Would appreciate comments comparing the two lines.

My first cruise was on RCCL explorer of the seas. I will say that the cruise was alright but didn't meet the hype. While in port in St Thomas, Princess had their Caribbean Princess there at the same time. I saw the ship and said "I want to be on that ship" and I have now for the past 2 years with one booked this year. :D

My first cruise was with Royal Caribbean and I had a great time. I was also on the Caribbean Princess, this is a very nice ship. Don't hesitate to give Royal Caribbean a try, it is very similar to Princess in my opinion.

I always say try different cruise lines and then you can make a more educated decision regarding which one you like best. We prefer Royal but wouldn't hesitate to sail on a different cruise line if the price and itinerary were right. If we all liked the same cruise line the prices for sailing on that one cruise line would be very expensive.

We have cruised RCCL and Princess and although I did enjoy my cruise on Princess and found some of their aspects I did like over RCCL(MUTS and anytime dining), on the whole we prefer RCCL. Saying this, it has not put me off trying other lines, and I will be on HAL in November, and would try Princess again if the deal was right.

So as some have said, the choice is subjective, our favourite is RCCL, but any day at sea is better than a day at work:)

Everyone's taste is different, so while I may love one, you may not. Also, it doesn't boil down to just a line. The size of the ship can matter. Are you talking about VOS? What kind of experience are you looking for and what types of things are important to you? That will help people point you in a direction that may be more accurate.

Archived