Vancouver to Hawaii this fall

pwandersen

I'm hoping to get passport issues cleared up in time for Princess's one-way cruise from Vancouver to the islands this fall, but I was hoping to hear from other people who have made a similar trip. I've taken a dozen cruises and they're all fine when close to shore moving from one port to the next, but tend to be a bit rocky when out in the open ocean trying to make speed. With four days making the crossing from the West Coast to Hawaii, would it be agony or a great time? Also, any suggestions on "must-see" destinations that can be appreciated on ports' one-day visits?

We have cruised from Vancouver to Honolulu in the fall three times, once on RCI's Legend of the Seas and twice on Carnival. All three trips were great. Of course, the motion of the ocean cannot be predicted,so take that into consideration when booking your cabin, and try to be midship or slightly aft if you can. We love this cruise, and since we live in CA we continued on to Ensenada the two times we were on the Carnival Spirit. Enjoy and Aloha!

Archived