Norwegian Dawn AE vs AF, what's the dif?

skivoodoo

We are considering cruising the Norwegian Dawn and want to know if it's worth booking the AE Penthouse over the AF mini suite. Is it worth the extra $800 - $900 ??? What was the butler service like? Just a novelty, or was it worth it? What were the amenities like in the AF category??? Any thoughts? Suggestions? How are the balconies?

We are considering cruising the Norwegian Dawn and want to know if it's worth booking the AE Penthouse over the AF mini suite. Is it worth the extra $800 - $900 ??? What was the butler service like? Just a novelty, or was it worth it? What were the amenities like in the AF category??? Any thoughts? Suggestions? How are the balconies?

Start with almost no amenities in an AF - in fact a larger balcony cabin with a bathtub, robes, and access to the concierge. Keep in mind the 38 penthouses will get the majority of his time you and the 134 other mini suites line up behind them. Same very limited room service menu.

That said I am booked in mini suites or my next two cruises - Why - The price difference currently is 1800-2000 per person. If it was $800 total I would be there.

AE gets all the same penthouse perks - the butler is no novelity - provides all your room service needs and brings access to food from any restaurant onboard for in room dining.

A3-AE COURTYARD VILLAS/PENTHOUSE 38

>

> Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

> Bath Amenities

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

> In-Suite Dining

>

> AF-AG Mini-Suites 134

>

>

> Embarkation

> Cut Flower(s) in bud vase

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water >

>

> Bath Amenities (Wessco Botanical)

>

> Conditioning Shampoo (dispenser)

> Hand Soap (Dispenser)

> Bath Gel (dispenser)

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Oatmeal and Almond Soap

> Shower Cap

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

> Other

>

> Concierge Service

> Bath Robes

> Feather Pillows

> 24 hour room service (Standard Menu)

> Continental Breakfast

Thanks for the info Shoreguy. This is very helpful. It does seem you get much more bang for your buck. We're looking at February, so I guess that explains the lower cost for the upgrade. What month are you sailing? Are you a regular Norwegian patron? We were on the Norway about 10 years ago and loved it. Ever since, we have wanted to try one of Norwegian's modern ships. They look really nice. We loved the elegance of Holland, but felt they were a bit too sedate. Norwegian seems like a great compromise - IE, it retains an unusually high level of style and class for a mainstream brand, but isn't too stodgy or sleepy.

Thanks for the info Shoreguy. This is very helpful. It does seem you get much more bang for your buck. We're looking at February, so I guess that explains the lower cost for the upgrade. What month are you sailing? Are you a regular Norwegian patron? We were on the Norway about 10 years ago and loved it. Ever since, we have wanted to try one of Norwegian's modern ships. They look really nice. We loved the elegance of Holland, but felt they were a bit too sedate. Norwegian seems like a great compromise - IE, it retains an unusually high level of style and class for a mainstream brand, but isn't too stodgy or sleepy.

I am booked Feb 6 along with lot of members from here - If I were booking today you are right the price difference would only be around $900. Back in July 2006 when I booked this the AF was 1700 pp today it is $2900 pp :eek: I would never pay $6000 to cruise in an AF mini. I am not sure there are even AEs available for my cruise. There was one yesterday but gone today.

Keep in mind NCL with Freestyle is going to be far more casual and not the least bit stodgy:D

What is the difference between the regular room service menu and the suite room service menu?

Night and day - suite full menus from any resturant. You want hot breafast no problem served on a nice table cloth and full set table.

Normal - continental breakfast on tray , snacks like pizza, sandwich, salad. I posted links on another tread the other day.

Do the AE cabins have a nice WC vs the AF? ...Captain Wally likes a good clean shave now and again, and hates the little cramped bathrooms on most liners.

The AF and Ae WC are about the same - good size

You want a WC to die for book an AB ;)

mbath1.JPG

Crumbs – I’m pretty sure that’s bigger than the bathroom in my house. The TV is a nice touch. Love that picture window too. I guess I’ll just have to live with my lowly, AE category WC – which will be hard to do having seen these princely accommodations. :(

I am booked Feb 6 along with lot of members from here - If I were booking today you are right the price difference would only be around $900. Back in July 2006 when I booked this the AF was 1700 pp today it is $2900 pp :eek: I would never pay $6000 to cruise in an AF mini. I am not sure there are even AEs available for my cruise.

We sail the week before you (AE).

Please post if you get an "upsell"...we may have to hide a bottle in our suite:)

Archived