How to get a NCL deal?

As you can see from my signature, my past and immediate future cruise experiences come from very budget oriented cruise lines.

I'm looking for an eastern Caribbean cruise for Spring of 2009 and find one in particular, with the DAWN, especially attractive.

Are there any tips or tricks to scoring a good deal with NCL? Do they give refunds/credits if you book early and the price drops (like Carnival)? Are the past guest discounts worthwhile? (I ask this last question because some cruise lines don't always offer great past guest discounts, and instead, choose to offer "other" super perks).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is no "trick", and when you book is really up to your personal preference. If you have a specific cabin in mind or category, then it's generally worth your while to book sooner rather than later. If the price on your cruise drops before your final payment, you either need to contact your TA or NCL if you book directly and they will honor the price drop.

Others will wait and see if they can scoop up last minute deals.

Perhaps others will be able to give you pricing trends on the Dawn...

The Gem for example has had her prices go through the roof on her winter/spring cruises for '08 (new ship, not a lot of competition). Those who booked last year are doing a VERY happy jig! :D (And I'm not one of them...:( ) I have booked the Gem but, but keep checking for price drops (not holding my breath, though!) since I'd really like to be in a balcony (but not for what they're charging now!).

Archived