Been to Water Island?

Tammy245

I posted this on the port of call boards also, but I know that not everyone goes there, so... We are thinking about going to Water Island when we go to St. Thomas and wanted feedback from someone who has been there. We have been to St. John many times and looking for something different.

We did the Water Island bike and beach tour. It is a beautiful island with very few residents. I didn't see much to do there other than bike. There weren't any stores or eateries. It doesn't even have a fire department or police department. If you are looking to feel like Gilligan, it's the place to be!

We also did the Water Island Bike Tour - lots of fun and Honeymoon Beach at the end is perfect - almost completely deserted, beautiful sand, clear water.

We've done St. Thomas before so we were looking for something different (and energetic!) to do. Highly recommend the bike tour if it's the kind of thing you would enjoy.

Don't know if you can just go there yourself for the day. There are restrooms at the beach but no other facilities at all. The residents bring everything over from St. Thomas.

A lot of folks don't know that this is the fourth US Virgin Island. When people talk about the USVIs they only think of STJ, STT & STX. I have not been there but would be very interested in hearing about your adventure if you go.

Is this an excursion from Princess or will you do on your own? :) I wonder how much a nice little cottage there might cost......:Rolleyes:

According to www.***** You can take the ferry over (10 minutes) and Honeymoon Beach is about a 5 minute walk. Although St John is great, it got so crowded when we were there in January that I am looking for something a little quieter when we head there in December. The first time I went to St Thomas/St John it was off season and it was not over run with us cruiser's.

I am wanting a beautiful beach with good swimming and if there is snorkling, that is really a plus. We drag our snorkle equipment with us to every beach in the hope that it has decent snorkling.

If we do end up going, I will gladly report back.

I left a reply in the port of call on this Water Island issue. The big problem is the ferry. it is geared for the folks that live on Water Island and of course work on St thomas. I occasionally go to Water island to go to honeymoon beach. There is no ferry between 12noon and 5PM.

Archived