Looking for basic snorkeling trip in Belize...please help!!

renee&felix

I already posted this in the Belize forums, but this forum gets way more traffic so I thought I would try it over here. We are a group of 6 adults travelling on the Carnival Legend on September 16th.

We are just looking for a basic snorkeling excursion for this September. We're not looking to do any cave tubing or zip lining, and we're not looking to do anything with the rays, since we'll be doing that in Grand Cayman, nor are we looking to snorkel with sharks. Really just want to experience the beautiful reef I keep hearing about, or visiting one or more of the cayes. Does anyone have any advice or websites I can check out? I would love a snorkeling trip that would be under $50ish dollars per person if available. There will be six adults in our group, and we are all newish snorkelers and all of us can swim.

Let me know if you need any additional info!

Thanks for the help!!

Renee

I already posted this in the Belize forums, but this forum gets way more traffic so I thought I would try it over here. We are a group of 6 adults travelling on the Carnival Legend on September 16th.

We are just looking for a basic snorkeling excursion for this September. We're not looking to do any cave tubing or zip lining, and we're not looking to do anything with the rays, since we'll be doing that in Grand Cayman, nor are we looking to snorkel with sharks. Really just want to experience the beautiful reef I keep hearing about, or visiting one or more of the cayes. Does anyone have any advice or websites I can check out? I would love a snorkeling trip that would be under $50ish dollars per person if available. There will be six adults in our group, and we are all newish snorkelers and all of us can swim.

Let me know if you need any additional info!

Thanks for the help!!

Renee

Sorry can't help with actual companies but DO SNORKEL in Belize its the best. We stayed on a land based vacation that was fabulous snorkelling experience with loads of fish big and small, large reefs and sharks (just nursing one) and rays, turtles and manatees. Hope you find something. Someone on here will know one. Good luck - its better than caymans and cozumel for snorkeling

Well, we did the shark/ray alley snorkel tour (booked through Carnival) and it was the best snorkeling we've ever done. We only saw one shark -- at a distance -- and a couple rays, but we saw a ton of beautiful fish and the reef! We've snorkeled in St. Thomas, St. John, Bahamas, St. Croix, Barbados, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and St. Croix -- Belize was, by far, the best! I would go back there again just to do the same snorkeling all over again.

Thanks for the replies so far, although I am looking for actual company names. I guess I should type the rest of my itinerary so others can help me out. We are doing Stingray City in Grand Cayman, Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya. Any additional help is much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Renee

we booked thru carnival and went out to Goffs cay. i was not impressed with the tour operators themselves. the boat was dirty and crowded but the cay was beautiful and they took you both out to the reef and also allowed you to snorkel arounf the island. We were picked up at the ship and dropped back off there so we never got to Belize itself

Another vote for Coral Breezes tours. They were so organized and have great people running the tours. We stopped at Caye Caulker, a really pretty small island. Some people (me included) got off there and spent the time on the island. Most of the others went on to the reef for snorkeling. My friends who went said it was some of the best snorkeling they had ever done! It was a wonderful day!

We did Goff's Caye and LOVED it!! We booked it through the ship [which we don't usually do] because the boat picks you up right at the ship [no tendering], goes to the island and returns you to the ship. We snorkled from the boat near GC, then spent time on the island while some people did more snorkeling off the beach. It's a tiny island with no facilities, except for a barge-type boat they bring over that has, I believe, some refreshments and "facilities". It was one of our favorite trips ever!

Archived