Royal Romance is wonderful!

I just got back from my wedding aboard the Explorer of the Seas on June 22nd! I cannot believe how wonderful my wedding turned out. After reading numerous postings about how horrible RR is and can be I had myself sick about my wedding. The wedding coordinator was wonderful and Captian Arnold married us. He was amazing. My mini-reception with open bar ran longer then I payed for and my flowers and pictures were perfect. I also had my hair done on board and it was perfect. I would not of changed a thing! :)

Royal Caribbean also sends out a coordinator on there side to make sure things runs smoothly. I spotted a security guard outside our door to make sure nobody comes into our reception room. The only problem we ran into was our room was not ready when we pre-boarded. This was RCCL and not RR. I think at times RCCL and RR may clash but for the most part I wouldn't of changed a thing. It was the best wedding ever!

If you plan on using RR as your wedding service, don't worry about a thing. They handle everything! People that are worried about every detail down to the color ribbon on your flowers are the ones that have a hard time with RR. You got to remember to keep things simple and nice. Don't sweat the small things and your wedding will be perfect! I have lots of pictures if anyone is interested. Hope this helps :p

Thank you SO much for your post!! I just started planning my wedding, which will be on Explorer on August 9, 2008, and to hear everything went well for you is so reassuring! How many guests did you have sailing with you?? I haven't found many posts of people getting married on the Explorer, so I would definitely be interested in seeing your pictures - please email them to me when you have a moment, I'd really appreciate it!! emilygould@gmail.com

Thanks again and Congrats! I'm really glad your wedding was such a wonderful experience! Best of luck in your new life together! :D

People that are worried about every detail down to the color ribbon on your flowers are the ones that have a hard time with RR. You got to remember to keep things simple and nice. Don't sweat the small things and your wedding will be perfect!

Yea, you Bridezillas! Don't sweat the small stuff!!

How important it customer service and communication anyways??? Who cares if you are given specific information initially and then it all changes on you one day really, really, really close to your wedding and it causes you to have to pick other choices when you had your heart set on a certain wedding.... How picky can you be, you Bridezilla!!! SHEESH! :rolleyes:

;)

Firstly, I want to say congratulations. It's nice to hear that your wedding went as well as it did.

However, I do not think it is fair of you to assume that those brides who had issues with the company only did so because they were picky about the small details. From all the comments I have read, the problems lied with the customer service end of things, not with the tiny details. I personally spent over a year keeping my fingers crossed things would work out, simply because every time I turned around my coordinator changed and my information seemed to be flying in the wind (meaning lost).

Again, I want to say I am super happy your wedding turned out. It's nice to know that there are actually people within the company who may actually care about the brides they are working with, and that gives hope to all the brides-to-be out there who are still in the planning process. But the negative comments are just as necessary, and just as valid, and do not mean the bride was overbearing or unwilling to compromise. It just means that she did not have things turn out as she had hoped or expected after handing over a heck of a lot of money, time, and effort.

People that are worried about every detail down to the color ribbon on your flowers are the ones that have a hard time with RR. You got to remember to keep things simple and nice. Don't sweat the small things and your wedding will be perfect!

I'm really happy that things worked out well for your wedding, but, I do have a problem with your statement that people who are worried about every detail are the ones that have a hard time with RR/TWE.

I wonder if you would be raving about RR/TWE if they informed you 6 weeks before your wedding that your reception time would be cut - from the 2 hours they said it would be- to only one hour. Or would you have considered that a small thing and not sweated about it?

You'd be raving alright, just, not in a nice way!

Congratulations on a wonderful wedding! It's great to hear that it all worked out as you hoped!

I am working with TWE for an at sea wedding next year on Princess. The way I see it is that it will be a wonderful day even if things don't go as planned---things could just as easily not go as planned at a land wedding (just ask the ladies around my town that had their event venues cancel their contracts 2 weeks or so before their wedding because of new ownership). Plus, we'll be having a beautiful, unique wedding at a small fraction of the price of a similar wedding on land.

I understand that some people have had bad experiences with TWE, but there is no need to attack Travel Goddess for her comments. She was expressing her own opinion & experience--some people have had bad experiences with TWE and some have had good experiences (and expectations can play a part in how people view their experiences).

Congrats! I am glad every thing turned out for you! I am getting married in 6 weeks and I can't wait! I have been one of the lucky ones in that I have had any problems with RR! Did you purchase extra photography time? If you have pictures to share I would like to see them as well! heckstall@comcast.net

I'm glad that everything went well for you and you had a beautiful wedding! :)

If you're wondering why your comments about those who were unhappy with TWE has some people up in arms, check out this thread. We just had a discussion about it not too long ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=582839

I'm sure you didn't mean anything bad by what you said, but maybe this will help explain why some of us might have taken it that way.

Glad to hear something good about RR! Congratulations! I'm surprised to hear that the captain married you! How did that happen???? I've been told that the captain cannot be the one to marry you on Royal Carribean. I'd love to see pictures also! magdamauri@aol.com

I was surprised about that detail too as I was under the same impression....do tell how that came about, please!

Congratulations on a wonderful wedding! It's great to hear that it all worked out as you hoped!

I am working with TWE for an at sea wedding next year on Princess. The way I see it is that it will be a wonderful day even if things don't go as planned---things could just as easily not go as planned at a land wedding (just ask the ladies around my town that had their event venues cancel their contracts 2 weeks or so before their wedding because of new ownership). Plus, we'll be having a beautiful, unique wedding at a small fraction of the price of a similar wedding on land.

I understand that some people have had bad experiences with TWE, but there is no need to attack Travel Goddess for her comments. She was expressing her own opinion & experience--some people have had bad experiences with TWE and some have had good experiences (and expectations can play a part in how people view their experiences).

Thank you for sticking up for me on this one. It's amazing how bitter some people can be about certain topics. I was under the assumtion that this board was to voice my own experiences about RR. I also had a friend who had a nightmare land wedding...... bad things can happen during weddings no matter where they take place. Anywho........ for those who want to see pictures I plan to have them to you by tomorrow.... I am currently working on my website!

A happy RR Bride

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats.. We are getting married next may on the Fascination. Im glad to hear something nice about RR/TWE. They have answerd my questions everytime I have called, so I have no complaints, but am very worried due to the large amout of posts complaining. Im actually very glad I dont have to worry about every single little detail and hope I still feel the same in 9 months.

Archived