Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I didn't know where the dog was from or what kind of dog it was really but thought it was interesting anyway. (It was a clip showing customers in the store kind of in between segments). If we ever get out to Vegas, that shop is high on the list of places to visit. I bet Ollie could be on one of those bumper clips!

We loved the cruise. It left out of Vancouver. My husband and I did a carnival cruise on our honeymoon 15 years ago. The only other cruises I've been on has been with Disney so I don't have anything to compare their service to. I have friends that have been on Disney and then Princess and/or Royal Caribbean and they've said Disney service is better.

I've been superficially looking at the cruises leaving out of Baltimore. The "cheap" dates are during the school year so we can't do them as a family, but they would be so convenient with the port 15-20 minutes away!

Wow! What a great idea! I'm going to look into it for us, as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now, all we need from you is the date. Once were onboard maybe we can conjole other's to join us.

We have to wait to see what Disney has planned for 2013. This summer they sailed out of Vancouver. Next summer it's Seattle.

Because they are sailing out of Seattle next year, they have two port stops that went from about 12 hour stops to 5 hour stops. One of the ports is where there is a H/C accessable whale watching tour. Not a Disney offered excursion. Time in port might be too short to book on your own. We want to take the Disney cruise because we belong to the vacation club. Also it's very easy to get a H/C balcony cabin that sleeps 3/4. So we just gotta wait and see.

Who knows, Disney may not even be going to Alaska in 2013. In that case it's the new Fantasy out of Fl. to the Caribbean. Either way we are hoping to cruise in 2013. :D

I read that they are sailing out of Seattle next year. I haven't seen where the stops are though. I will say that the 12 hour port is misleading. We had 3 days where we got off the ship. It might have been 12 hours from the time they docked to when they left, but we never had 12 hours to roam around. Most days we were getting back on the ship about 30 minutes before they left (if that) and really no time to explore the stores.

We did whale watching in Juneau. I think that the boat would be wheel chair accessible but the ramp to get to the boat was very, very steep. The whale watching day was my favorite day on the trip.

We have to wait to see what Disney has planned for 2013. This summer they sailed out of Vancouver. Next summer it's Seattle.

Because they are sailing out of Seattle next year, they have two port stops that went from about 12 hour stops to 5 hour stops. One of the ports is where there is a H/C accessable whale watching tour. Not a Disney offered excursion. Time in port might be too short to book on your own. We want to take the Disney cruise because we belong to the vacation club. Also it's very easy to get a H/C balcony cabin that sleeps 3/4. So we just gotta wait and see.

Who knows, Disney may not even be going to Alaska in 2013. In that case it's the new Fantasy out of Fl. to the Caribbean. Either way we are hoping to cruise in 2013. :D

Sounds good.....You know what works best for your brood!!!!

I, personally, am a Princess fan but I'm not afraid of change, although, anything that goes out of California is always a bonus for us!!!

We drove to Seattle on our Alaska cruise and that was a blast. It was quite a road trip. We were warned not to stay in this little town called Tutwilla, Washington and it turned-out to be one of my most favorite hotel stops!!!!

I haven't been on in a few days and quickly scanned the messages. I didn't see this mentioned. Does anyone watch Pawn Stars on History channel? There was a quick glimpse of a service dog with a vest on one of the new shows on Monday night.

The story about the MIL's passing and the puppy was very touching.

The Disney Alaskan cruise is the one we just went on.

We saw it but didn't know what org it was from.

Well Roz, you know when our cruise date is. You know we would love to cruise with you. My son could be your date for the week. :eek: Maybe Sunshine and her hubby can go too, they really need a trip.

I'd love that. Nothing is impossible. That is so nice that you're taking your son with you. He's very lucky to have such generous parents.

I can't wrap my mind around much of anything right now, except CCI, Team Training, etc., etc. It's been 9 years since I went through it the first time. I'm older.....not different, just older!

When I'm driving home with "Successor" is when it's going to hit me........I want to go cruising!!!!!! I'll be coming to work and contacting my TA to make some very fun plans. I have to get "Successor" started on his/her cruising schedule.......he/she has a lot of catching-up to do to keep up with Brenny. ;)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hi Everyone,

I took Oz to the vet/chiropractor today for the first time. Oz is almost all of the way back from his accident when the rug under him slipped as he was jumping on a chair..........he was temporarily paralysed and when went through rounds of steroids. A neurological injury.

The vet/chiropractor was great. Did the spinal adjustments on a thick carpet on the floor. Oz kept rolling over to have his belly rubbed:p She said there was one area on the spine that needed to be attended to and one on the neck. Recommended changing the lead from a neck lead to a body lead....less strain on the neck.

Vet/chiropractor said that Oz only needs one more visit.

So, he will be wonderful to fly to Venice for a few days and then the TA to the USA. Yippee:D

381936011_ozinsd001.jpg.1a911132be57f913f5b681d0add93e7a.jpg

She is the one that I was thinking of. I didn't realize that we had so many professionals on this board. I'M IMPRESSED!:D

I think you're thinking of Candy Harrington (CC screen name is "Queenie2"). Per her signature, her contact info is:

Candy Harrington

Editor, Emerging Horizons

http://www.EmergingHorizons.com

The only accessible travel magazine

Read my blog at http://www.barrierfreetravels.com

Facebook - Candy Harrington; Twitter - CBHarrington

Hi Everyone,

I took Oz to the vet/chiropractor today for the first time. Oz is almost all of the way back from his accident when the rug under him slipped as he was jumping on a chair..........he was temporarily paralysed and when went through rounds of steroids. A neurological injury.

The vet/chiropractor was great. Did the spinal adjustments on a thick carpet on the floor. Oz kept rolling over to have his belly rubbed:p She said there was one area on the spine that needed to be attended to and one on the neck. Recommended changing the lead from a neck lead to a body lead....less strain on the neck.

So, he will be wonderful to fly to Venice for a few days and then the TA to the USA. Yippee:D

Thats fantastic, Congrats.

I can't help but wonder about my new partner. Is it a he/she, is it black/brown/yellow or white? Will I see him around my birthday or will I have to wait until January? How will Brenda like him/her? I'll know the answer to at least one question next Friday........ :confused: :rolleyes: :)

I'm sure he/she is thinking the same thing. One thing for sure its going to be a great match for both of you.

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited for Oz.....What a relief. This could have been a horrible nightmare for all of you. It turned very well because you took care of it.

I wish Oz and you safe and happy journey's ahead!

Did any of you get the "3-day relaxation Sale" postcard from Princess, starting on August 17 - 19?

Well, it was on my desk just tempting me and tempting me......So, I called my TA - He said "it's taken care of, I booked you on March 24th onboard the Sapphire 7-day California Coastal, in your favorite cabin" - I was so excited, I love it when somebody else does the thinking for me. I had an FCC and he applied it.

I gave him the rest of the deposit money and, now I have a cruise to look forward to, if I go to Team Training in Sept. and have to cancel my Sept. cruise.

I can still think of the December cruise and even going to the Caribbean with Cindy [although, that would mean getting on an airplane.] I love flying but it's so easy to just drive to San Pedro for 45 minutes.

All of the above includes "Successor" - So much fun! :)

Mornin' all:

Did everyone give up because of the glitch? I almost did, couldn't get in, then got in and posts were missing. I think it is fixed now.

Everyone have a pleasant day.

I got busy with family during all the CC drama. Everything seems to be okay now!

There appears to be some Princess drama going on. A lot of folks received the postcard that advertised the Sapphire Princess "Pacific Coastal" cruise with a good sale price and FCC's for [March 24th only!]. With all the stuff in my life and the chance that I might have to cancel my September coastal cruise this sounded like the perfect solution and I booked it.

When I got my confirmation from Princess via email it said "Congratulations on your Mexican Riviera Cruise" and, when I got a confirmation from my TA it stated the "destination" of my cruise was "miscellaneous!" WHAT!!!!

When I get to work on Monday I'll call my TA to find out what's going on.

It seems to be the cruise going to: "I don't know where!"

There appears to be some Princess drama going on. A lot of folks received the postcard that advertised the Sapphire Princess "Pacific Coastal" cruise with a good sale price and FCC's for [March 24th only!]. With all the stuff in my life and the chance that I might have to cancel my September coastal cruise this sounded like the perfect solution and I booked it.

When I got my confirmation from Princess via email it said "Congratulations on your Mexican Riviera Cruise" and, when I got a confirmation from my TA it stated the "destination" of my cruise was "miscellaneous!" WHAT!!!!

When I get to work on Monday I'll call my TA to find out what's going on.

It seems to be the cruise going to: "I don't know where!"

Miscellaneous? What?? That sounds screwed up. Maybe it's a cruise to nowhere, I've seen those before.

And while I'm thinking of it, Mexico is only health certificate and rabies? Does rabies have to be done right before we go or is the existing shot he got last fall going to be ok? Any permit needed? I know you travel to Mexico alot.

Cindy

Miscellaneous? What?? That sounds screwed up. Maybe it's a cruise to nowhere, I've seen those before.

And while I'm thinking of it, Mexico is only health certificate and rabies? Does rabies have to be done right before we go or is the existing shot he got last fall going to be ok? Any permit needed? I know you travel to Mexico alot.

Cindy

Isn't that funny about the "destination"......honestly, Cindy, I don't care where the ship goes...as long as I can drive to the dock, get on the ship; do it easily. Especially, my next cruise, just take me away!!!!!

For Mexico, you will need the Certificate of International travel that states that Wexler's immunizations are up-to-date; he's on Heartguard and Advantix [or other flea & tick control med's] - My Vet fills out a form that states that Brenda is in good health for travel by air/sea and land and I fax it to Allison Muff at Princess Access Care.

Princess will insist that the Certificate is within a few weeks of travel but I always tell Allison that Brenda has her exam at the same time every year, in May; she's immunized as necessary; the doctor signs all documentation and all paperwork is well within a few months of entering a ship. Sometimes I book a cruise after her exam and it's not exactly within their access time and, I get a phone call from their "Access Dept."

Brenda's been on 14 cruises [9 of which with Princess], I don't expect any "road blocks" from them. I remind them that Brenda is a senior dog and does not need any further exams from anyone!!!! I'm very insistent about not subjecting her to more stress than is needed.

Princess is very accommodating to me. It's probably why I try to keep my cruising with them. They've made it so easy for Brenda and me. I'm sure this service won't change with "Successor!" We stay in the same cabin; near the inside stairwell, where her pottybox is placed. Brenda goes to the pottybox [off leash] with absolutely no instruction by me. All she needs is for me to open the door.

Tell Allison you're a friend of Roz & Brenda.

Roz: Sounds like a perfect cruise, no matter where it does or doesn't go! I'm like you, just get me on the darn thing and set sail! I can't wait until next week! I know you and Morey are on pins and needles. Fortunately Ms. Brenny has no idea so she is just fine, kicking back, getting extra hugs and kisses, wondering why must you keep touching me? So, just for that give her some "more" huggles and snuggles from me and Ms. Jezzy Lou! Keep her guessing.

Roz: Sounds like a perfect cruise, no matter where it does or doesn't go! I'm like you, just get me on the darn thing and set sail! I can't wait until next week! I know you and Morey are on pins and needles. Fortunately Ms. Brenny has no idea so she is just fine, kicking back, getting extra hugs and kisses, wondering why must you keep touching me? So, just for that give her some "more" huggles and snuggles from me and Ms. Jezzy Lou! Keep her guessing.

When I look at my girl as she sleeps longer and snores louder, you are so right, she absolutely has no idea what changes will be coming into her life - if not in September than for sure, in January.

I do hug her harder and stroke her head for longer and and longer periods during the day. I'm so lucky to have her.

Brenda is no longer going to my office on Thursday's or Friday's and everyone there misses her. The transition into retirement, for her, will be an easy one. I'm not so sure it's that easy for my colleagues, who got so used to having her around every day. I'm sure once "Successor" is there they'll get used to him/her and won't miss Brenny so much.

Having Brenda's company at home is so wonderful! She's such an amazing dog. She's so respectful of us and her home!!!!! She'll be such a good teacher to our new pup.

Maybe it's a new concept. Just book a cruise and you'll find out where you are going when you set sail!

Congrats on the new cruise... wherever you are going! ;) :D

I know it leaves San Pedro, onboard the Sapphire, on March 24, 2012. Come on.......Go to "who know's where?" with us!