Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

DKD, didn't you tell us some time back that DCL allows you to put the potty box on your balcony if you want it there?

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks!

Beckie

I'm not DKD, but I just spoke with Chris at Disney Special Services yesterday and he told me that I could put the "relief box" on my veranda.

Me again...more questions...

I'm still reading through the thread from the beginning. Only on page 43. But it has made me think of something on my upcoming cruise.

For those who have done Disney, did they provide you a place for the SD to have play time off leash?

We've been on 3 Disney cruises with our daughter's service dog but we've never done that. Between walking around at all the ports and waling around the ship, he got enough exercise. Plus, Orson isn't much of a play-time dog anyway. Sorry I can't be of more help.

DKD, didn't you tell us some time back that DCL allows you to put the potty box on your balcony if you want it there?

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks!

Beckie

Yes, we have always had the potty box in our veranda. Our first 2 cruises with Disney we had a blue, plastic kiddie pool filled with sod. It was great. Our last cruise which was 2 years to Alaska, we had what looked to be a 2 ft. by 4 ft. box filled with sod. It was a little small for a 7 day cruise with a 70 pound dog. We bagged the poop but it seemed like alot of pee for the size of the box. I will mention this to them when we book our next cruise.

Well darn, if it weren't for the coast-to-coast flight, that would have been major fun!!! Raylene and Mr. Horton - an epic match-up! Great rates on Princess, too...

Bob booked it, paid in full earlier today...but I'm keeping this idea in mind for the future, Ms. Roz!!

This time we can drive down to Tampa to sail, or maybe we'll try flying with her on that short flight before undertaking a long one. (Though she flew from Oregon to the east coast, so I think would be fine.) I'd love to do a transatlantic with her someday.

I do like HAL...it's been four years since we sailed with them. Love their full promenade decks. We won't have a balcony this time, but will be midship next to a door out to the Lower Promenade Deck. Should be a lot more convenient for those "Box Walks" than our first cruise was.

I totally understand. I, too, love driving to the dock. Let's keep this in the back of our heads for the future, though. I will be onboard the Pacific Princess [700 passengers] on December 3, 2015 for two weeks, out of L.A. I think this cruise may be totally booked though.

There's lots of time and lots of ocean, maybe another time!

Dear Friends,

If you see no other video in your life, you MUST see this one. I love CCI!

Here's the funny thing about that video. I know the woman in that video and her dog. (Alex & Bright) I have known Bright since she was a puppy. Alex used to live on the East Coast.. I have been to Disney World with Bright and her puppy raisers. I went to the graduation out on Long Island. Alex, her husband and Bright now live in California.

OK...someone is gonna have to rein me in. I went a little crazy late last night. I found the cutest shirts for Pedro. After all, we will be deep in the Caribbean and South America...he has to fit in and look the part. Just because he is working, doesn't mean he can't be on vacation too...and be a style icon.;) I am a fashion slave, so it had to rub off on Pedro at some point. Besides, there was room in his suitcase.:p I ordered him a couple of Hawaiian style shirts, one that says "Bitches Love Me," a set of tuxedo collar/bowtie and cuffs and a Panama hat...yes, a hat. Actually, the ships can get cold and he has a thinner coat, so I don't want him to get cold.;)

Do I need to be committed...? Or do the Fashion Police need to come and lock me up?

Cindra

Cindra, you are so adorable. I love your love of Pedro and your enthusiasm for dressing him. It doesn't change his ability to work [unless his wig falls over his eyes and he walks into the back of trucks! :eek:] That's what happened to Horton when he was modeling at Haute Dog and I took him out to go potty. Poor guy, such a dumb Mommy!

Here's the funny thing about that video. I know the woman in that video and her dog. (Alex & Bright) I have known Bright since she was a puppy. Alex used to live on the East Coast.. I have been to Disney World with Bright and her puppy raisers. I went to the graduation out on Long Island. Alex, her husband and Bright now live in California.

Although it is a BIG world, when you belong to an organization like CCI, isn't it funny how small the world can become. I love that!

Wait, am I talking to you?

Mornin' all:

Cindy: I have been putting coconut oil on Jezzy Lou's food and Quam and I have been having a discussion on how to distribute it on the food. I don't even melt it, I just smoosh it (the wads of which Roz refers to!) Quam doesn't like using an extra container in the microwave, because she doesn't want to have to wash an additional, oily container! :eek: I just use a knife and rinse it off with hot water, then wash thoroughly with rest of the dishes...........blah, blah, blah...Great to have you back, you will have to get back on the tracks and get your keystroke lashings too! :D

Nancy, I have never heard of putting coconut oil on dogs food. I'm sure Wex would eat it but not sure about the "wads". :confused:

Cindy, have you looked into an MV-1? They are purpose built for wheelchair passengers from the ground up. We saw one at the KC Ability Expo last fall. Awesome vehicle! Price not bad at all either.

Thanks!

Beckie

I just looked it up Beckie. Never heard of it before. One problem with it is its 50 grand. It comes all equipped. We only have to buy the van and the state pays for all the handicapped stuff. It looks really nice though.