Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hi Roz - yes I was rather pleased with these photos! ;):D

And I will be shedding lots of tears - have done already if the truth be known! I'm just a soppy old doggy Mummy!

Yup, Brat was exactly the word I used under my breath at the class! LOL!

Anyway my little darling Brat is one year old on Saturday and is having a party - want to come? ;):D

I got her a red collar with diamanté (the DH is going to have a fit!) just for the occasion! And a new toy, which no doubt will last about 5 minutes! You will have a photo!

I know, I'm sure you have! She's your darling and you're her Mum! She'll have you in the back of her mind when she's in formal training and, finally, when she's helping someone cross the street and walk around stuff in their way. She'll have YOU in her dreams when she's feeling alone and maybe scared. You'll ALWAYS be inside her! You've given her courage, strength and the kind of love that only comes from a Mum!!!!!

I love her new Birthday collar. Horton has a black one with just the right amount of "bling" on it.

I wish I could go to her Birthday Party. I'd hug her and hug her until she squealed like a little piggy [like Horton does.] "Let go of me, let go of me" he's squealing!!!! I'm a bit of a smotherer when it comes to puppy hugs!!!!!

Send pictures please!

And here she is again with her pal Max. I tried to get the three of them lined up, but Poppy wasn't having any of it! I'd run out of treats for bribery purposes and she knew it! LOL! But these two will hang around just in case another doggy biscuit magically appears out of my pocket. Did you know the Scottish word for pocket is "pooch" - so these two pooches are always checking out my pooch! :eek:LOL!!!

image.jpg6_zps9wgiganx.jpg

How cute they are!

Dianne

I had to share this. These are three new CCI puppies in training that come to our little Central New Jersey puppy class.

From left to right we have:

Grace, Hester & Gretel.

60c99b3f-a2d1-49b9-b254-5a2a7e23fc92.jpg

Oh! No! I don't know who I love more!!!!! "Hester", I think I love "Hester!" Or, is it "Gretel", they should have named "Hester", "Hansel!" Get it? Hansel and Gretel!

I had to share this. These are three new CCI puppies in training that come to our little Central New Jersey puppy class.

Grace, Hester & Gretel.

I love them ALL .... They are so adorable at that age .... I would dearly love a little yellow person but I'm not sure I could cope with the extra layer of blond hair on everything I wear as I usually wear black .... It's the best colour with black dogs and muddy paws! :eek: interestingly enough we've not had so much "tumbleweed" while the girls have been in season ..... !

Have a great weekend everyone :) .... We are Looking forward to Aruba's first birthday party tomorrow ...... Champagne anyone???? LOL! :D.

Here's another one, close up, crossing a river by ferry in our little RV last summer. Do you see the resemblance, Fairbourne?

Low%20res%20Jamestown_zpsgkobo6o6.jpg

Yes I do! She's gorgeous and I zoomed in and she's got the same little tufts at the top of her ears - Aruba loves it when I tickle her ears - well if the truth be told, any attention and loving is good! LOL!

I love Raylene's dad's blanket - I won't tell Aruba's dad, all he got for Christmas was a mouse mat and coffee mug with the three of them on it! LOL!

Grace, Hester & Gretel.

Grace and Gretel are sisters. Hester's brother, Higgins is being raised by the mom of Gretel's puppy raiser. Higgins splits his time between NJ and SC. Cindy knows who they are.

Dear Aruba,

I can't believe it.......You're going to be a year old already!!!! The time has gone by so fast.

You're a very special girl to ALL of us. My Mom talks about you all the time to her friends and family. She brags about where you live and how your Mum got interested in being a PuppyWalker and how you're almost ready to go to "Big Girl School!"

It's going to be hard for your Mum, Dad and your brother and sister but it's what your life was meant for......just like mine and Brenny's. I started my life just like you did. I lived in North Carolina with humans called; Ann & Gerald, they loved me, fed me and taught me to steal socks! They were my family. When I got to be 14 months old they put me on an airplane, I was just a baby and then I went to "Big Boy School" in Florida and when I was done I had to go on another airplane to California. Not long after all that dang flying around and learning really important stuff, I met the love of my life........Her name is Roz.....One day [if you do really good] you'll meet the love of your life too!

I'll NEVER forget Ann & Gerald - NEVER - But, I had really important work to do, just like you will. I'll ALWAYS keep my foster Mom and Dad inside my heart, just like you will do with your Mum and Dad, one day! ♥

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....BIRTHDAY GIRL ♥

Lots of Love and Licks,

Horton Jeffrey

Chris, I love the blanket! Thanks for posting the photos. Raylene is a beautiful girl.

It is snowing since nine o'clock this morning, supposed to keep up all day. Just came back in from a bathroom run with Gibson. He loves to be out in the white stuff! Tried to upload photos, but not having any success.

Beckie

Well, we are off the Coral Princess and staying another week in Florida. We were so proud of Pedro for doing so well on his first cruise. He was the star of the ship. Everyone knew his name. We had so many passengers come up to us with positive comments or questions about him. Everyone wanted to pet him...some asked, some didn't. Pedro took all the attention in stride and was on his best behavior. Only once did we encounter a man who was annoying him. I politely asked the man to stop, but he didn't. I just pulled Pedro away from that side and kept him out of view. Pedro did watch over us. I swear he was giving this man the 'stink eye.'

His potty box was two decks down and all the way forward, in a crew area. Our cabin was forward on the port side, and at times, it was a haul to get to the box. Pedro did not care for the wood chips in the box. I made a comment to our cabin stewardess about it...by the way, she was in love with Pedro and would do anything for him. Within an hour, a sheet of AstroTurf was placed in part of the box. At first, he laid down on it, but eventually used it. The ship provided a bucket filled with spray sanitizer, paper towels and thicker towels, like Handi-wipes. There was also a covered marked trash can for waste.

Our cabin stewardess even made special towel animals for Pedro. She would also arrange his toy on the bed in different positions. It was so cute.

I took lots of pictures, but have to wait till I get home to post them on my computer. I got a kick out of watching Pedro looking at the ocean through the balcony glass. Just the way he would look down at the water was so funny. He loved laying in the sun.

As I feared, Bill did start to have an episode one night late in the cruise, but Pedro jumped into action and all was well again. Bill tried to push him away, but Pedro was persistent and did his job. I was relieved.

Oh, I stopped by the Captain's Circle desk and started a Princess Passport for Pedro. It will be fun to keep track of his travels too. The day we were in the canal, I got an idea that I should write a series of books..."Pedro Travels the World." It was very early in the morning...

I was concerned about returning to the U.S., and going through customs/immigration, but no one said 'boo.' Pedro was in his sling and I don't even think the customs agent saw him.

Someone on board said I would have to return Pedro's forms to his vet. Is this true or can I just dispose of them now?

Cindra

OK, I am going to raise a glass of champagne, too!

Meanwhile, here's my Aruba lookalike with her Dad... I had a blanket made for his Christmas gift from a favorite photo on the beach. Raylene is sitting in front of "her" blanket.

LowResP1080720_zpseemgvpfk.jpg

I love the blanket, it's so beautiful! Raylene, you're a beautiful girl and you're so lucky to be so loved!

Cinda, loved your report! Can't wait to see those photos. What finally transpired for Colombia? Did you have to pay their fee and see a vet?

You are smart to be lingering in Florida. We've had dreary rain and cold for days, more forecast ahead (at least in our part of the East Coast) with freezing rain on parts of I-95. Enjoy that sunshine!!

Fascinated by the things Princess provided. Thank you for those details. I think I may write a polite letter to Celebrity's Access depart with helpful suggestions of some of the things other ships/lines do understand are needed for service dog relief areas. We have two more cruises booked with them in the future, and hope the preventable hassles can be minimized.

Thanks, all, for the nice comments on my partner's beauty. When I get lazy about grooming, I remember she's counting on me to keep her looking pretty.

Glad you liked the woven blanket/throw. The aqua ocean colors match our bedroom, and it turned out much better than I expected.

So, Roz! Is that a new avatar I see on the Rolls-Royce forum name?

Meanwhile, here's my Aruba lookalike with her Dad... I had a blanket made for his Christmas gift from a favorite photo on the beach. Raylene is sitting in front of "her" blanket.

The blanket is awesome!

Dianne

The blanket is awesome!

Dianne