Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

There is another dog on the cruise, a guide dog. And their partner knows you Roz! Her name is Carri.

Hi Phantomsgirl. That would be Carrie with Dodger Dog, he took over for his retired big brother Denver. Lots of cute pictures of Denver on his many Disney Cruises. She is a really sweet person. Her, Roz and Denver and Brenda met in pawson!

Hi everyone else, from the Queen of Lurking when this crawpy internet lets me! Trav and I are Rv'ing it until school is out! Jezzy Lou and Leann Emily are also with us. Hugs to all!

Pee S. Cindra beautiful picture of the family!

Edited by S.S. Cruisers

Cindra, that is a beautiful photo of three beautiful people! Thank you for taking the extra efforts to share.

Beckie

Yeah! It worked! Thank you for letting me know...and thanks for the compliment. You are too kind.

Cindra

Hey - found this the other day; it has been out for a while but worth a second look if you have already seen it - this one is for Fairbourne and DisneyDad! and all the other puppy trainers:

Just a wonderful "tail" ..... Yes blurry screen too, glasses off, wipe eyes and start video again ...... It's just incredible what these dogs just do without any human prompting.

Well, we went to puppy workshop and Miss Aruba, just refused and I mean refused to listen to me with commands. She's bored with the basic commands but it's difficult when you have little toots and then the dogs getting ready to go on. But she did enjoy some of the more "interesting for her" passing exercises. Where we had to pass the others as if we were doing a four square dance!

Anyway Dad arrived home and surprised us at the workshop so she was very happy to see him - as I was! :D

Then when we get home, I try all the commands and sometimes silent commands with hand signals, slaps her bum on the floor every time, lies down every time, stands and waits, yep you got it, every time! Little booger as Nancy says!

DKD - sound familiar - don't you laugh! ;):p

A new little black boy arrived at class - all of 12 weeks old, massive paws, square head, a real boy! And just gorgeous and cuddly .... And of course christened the church hall floor! :eek: I'd forgotten what that's like! LOL!

Heard that one of our recent "pups" who has gone to formal training recently is doing very well, so that was good to hear.:)

Alexspepa - I see you've just posted another video clip - I'm going to get the tissues first this time!

Edited by fairbourne

OK...I am going to try this photo posting thing one more time... Keep your fingers crossed. This is a formal photo taken of the three of us on board.

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9081239015/a=9385951_9385951/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Let me know the result, please.

Cindra

Cindra - beautiful photo - I just love Pedro's outfit - he's a classy boy! :)

Ok, here is your photo for the weekend! One of us was having a bad hair day! LOL!

Aruba and me standing on the famous bridge which spans the 18th green on the Old Course Hotel at St Andrews. They don't play golf on a Sunday, so this is the only day you can safely have your photo taken there! And they only recently allowed women to play golf on this course! The Open will be played here later this year in July.

image.jpg.af80f89d5257ead5c8fdfcff51eb4b4a.jpg

There is another dog on the cruise, a guide dog. And their partner knows you Roz! Her name is Carri.

It's Cari and Dodger. Her first dog was Denver he and Brenda got to meet and they were so cute together.

I love Cari and so will you! Please give her a big kiss from me!

If you want to witness a truly amazing Handler and Service Dog together you have to watch Cari with her dogs.......she's a miracle worker!!!

OK...I am going to try this photo posting thing one more time... Keep your fingers crossed. This is a formal photo taken of the three of us on board.

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9081239015/a=9385951_9385951/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Let me know the result, please.

Cindra

Cindra, what a beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ok, here is your photo for the weekend! One of us was having a bad hair day! LOL!

Aruba and me standing on the famous bridge which spans the 18th green on the Old Course Hotel at St Andrews. They don't play golf on a Sunday, so this is the only day you can safely have your photo taken there! And they only recently allowed women to play golf on this course! The Open will be played here later this year in July.

I LOVE it! Two Scottish beauties!

Such a nice picture of the two of you. You both look so good together. Oh! My! Don't get me started!

Thanks for sharing the wonderful picture! ♥

Just a wonderful "tail" ..... Yes blurry screen too, glasses off, wipe eyes and start video again ...... It's just incredible what these dogs just do without any human prompting.

Well, we went to puppy workshop and Miss Aruba, just refused and I mean refused to listen to me with commands. She's bored with the basic commands but it's difficult when you have little toots and then the dogs getting ready to go on. But she did enjoy some of the more "interesting for her" passing exercises. Where we had to pass the others as if we were doing a four square dance!

Anyway Dad arrived home and surprised us at the workshop so she was very happy to see him - as I was! :D

Then when we get home, I try all the commands and sometimes silent commands with hand signals, slaps her bum on the floor every time, lies down every time, stands and waits, yep you got it, every time! Little booger as Nancy says!

DKD - sound familiar - don't you laugh! ;):p

A new little black boy arrived at class - all of 12 weeks old, massive paws, square head, a real boy! And just gorgeous and cuddly .... And of course christened the church hall floor! :eek: I'd forgotten what that's like! LOL!

Heard that one of our recent "pups" who has gone to formal training recently is doing very well, so that was good to hear.:)

Alexspepa - I see you've just posted another video clip - I'm going to get the tissues first this time!

He's really testing his Mum! I know you must have been saying some pretty interesting words inside your head! What a character he's grown up to be!

here is an ESPN segment they did on Ricochet...if you the first one made you bleary-eyed...well hold on:

STOP!!!! I can't see anything! Amazing and wonderful and joyful how they recognized what Ricochet could mean in so many lives. Wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it.

It's exactly how I felt about my miracle girl Brenda and now my boy Horton.....I love them so much for what they've done for so many besides myself!!!!

Delightful setting! So glad we get to see both Aruba and her Mum this time! I read your funny stories aloud to my family and we all break out in hysterical laughter together. We really enjoy each one. Please keep them coming.

Thanks,

Beckie

I have an interesting day planned. Val (my friend from the SD organization) and I are going to teach a workshop on T-Touch and Reiki for Dogs today.

You certainly do! I'd never heard of TTouch, but I've now googled it and it is fascinating! I'm going to look into this some more. I'm always open to holistic healing.

I'm a great believer in Reiki, literally, and have worked with many animals (and humans!). All our dogs and cats just love Reiki! They come for what I call their "reiki fix", especially the cats! :)

Please do tell us how your workshop goes. I'm very interested. :)

Thank you all for your very kind comments on our photo! It was a pretty, sunny day - we were lucky - as the next few days were cold, windy and rainy and foggy! So the golfers were not having much fun (well they probably were, but I always think golf is a good walk spoilt! LOL!) but we did, watching them from the comfort of our lovely warm and toasty suite! :D

Btw, can you tell animal prints are "in" right now! LOL!!!

Lovely picture.

Dianne

We had a great time at the T-Touch/Reiki workshop. So much fun to see the dogs turn into piles of jello...

Plus watching the trainers relax as well was well worth it.

The wrapping is part of T-Touch. I attuned everyone to Reiki 1 so they'd pass the energy while doing T-Touch.

Here's a link to a few photos (I was teaching so didn't photograph much)

http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Hollykins2/library/Dog%20Classes/T%20Touch%20and%20Reiki

PS: One more post - LOL...

Unless something goes wrong - I know who my dog is going to be! :)

OMG I am so happy for you!...best wishes and I truly hope it all works out as you wish it.

what a lucky dog and what a lucky phantom's girl.

Keith

We had a great time at the T-Touch/Reiki workshop. So much fun to see the dogs turn into piles of jello...

Plus watching the trainers relax as well was well worth it.

The wrapping is part of T-Touch. I attuned everyone to Reiki 1 so they'd pass the energy while doing T-Touch.

Here's a link to a few photos (I was teaching so didn't photograph much)

http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Hollykins2/library/Dog%20Classes/T%20Touch%20and%20Reiki

The whole group looks so relaxed ....

I wondered what the wrappings were for. I can only imagine the wonderful energies in that room ...... I'd have been asleep! Good work going on - are you a Reiki Master/teacher? I'm sure the answer is yes! :)