Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

For those of us cruising within the next 30 days. I need your checklist. What do you bring onboard with you that I MUST NOT FORGET for a 2 week cruise.

OK, I'm sailing December 12, so high time I pulled out my list anyway.

Purse and/or wheelie small carry-on suitcase:

Passport!! cruise documents!! Cash. Credit and debit Cards. Car keys, cell phone and charger, the real jewelry. Hard to replace stuff like cosmetics, nail care kit, toiletries including tweezers, medications, extra pair of glasses, spare hearing aid, batteries, case, etc for hearing aid, iPad and charger, camera and accessories, Kindle and charger, and family/friends contact info sheet.

Also in my carry-on:

Raylene's form 7001, Original rabies certificate (in case someone wants to see an original) + copies for ship, cruise line's service dog form, copies of her ID, other misc. "dog papers" and extra copies. Collapsible dog water bowl and a couple of days' worth of baggies of food for Raylene in case her suitcase is delayed reaching the cabin.

Raylene's suitcase:

Of course contains two weeks+ a few days worth of pre-measured food baggies, Water Bowl and food bowl, Lots of poop bags, nausea drug just in case, heartworm med, flea & tick treatment tube, extra leash, collar and service dog vest, life jacket, toys, teeth chews, reward training treats, two cans of pumpkin for digestive trouble, a can opener, grooming supplies, a microfiber towel in case of rain, and some small washable microfiber cloths for slobbers.

My suitcase:

Besides too many shoes, day & dinner clothes, underwear, and PJs, I pack a bathing suit, cover-up, hat or visor, flip flops, sunglasses. A little med kit of our home remedies like cough drops, Immodium, Tums, etc. Costume jewelry.

I always bring a red plastic peanut butter jar lid to sit on my bedside table to hold rings, earrings, hearing aid case and other little items. A little battery operated clock since for some reason, a lot of cruise line cabins don't have clocks.

Bottle stoppers for re-corking wine bottles (including the kind made for champagne bottles.)

That's about it. I've reached the point where for the dining room at night I don't get real fancy - mostly just black pants that go with several different tops, since I'll have black hairs clinging to me anyway. Besides, who is looking at me? All eyes are on my beautiful canine partner!

For my room key card, lipstick, etc., I found a nice black quilted evening bag with a gold chain to use on cruises that has side pockets - I put some training treats on one side, and a slobber wiper on the other. Voila! Tres chic!

Edited by Caribbean Chris

OK, I'm sailing December 12, so high time I pulled out my list anyway.

Purse and/or wheelie small carry-on suitcase:

Passport!! cruise documents!! Cash. Credit and debit Cards. Car keys, cell phone and charger, the real jewelry. Hard to replace stuff like cosmetics, nail care kit, toiletries including tweezers, medications, extra pair of glasses, spare hearing aid, batteries, case, etc for hearing aid, iPad and charger, camera and accessories, Kindle and charger, and family/friends contact info sheet.

Also in my carry-on:

Raylene's form 7001, Original rabies certificate (in case someone wants to see an original) + copies for ship, cruise line's service dog form, copies of her ID, other misc. "dog papers" and extra copies. Collapsible dog water bowl and a couple of days' worth of baggies of food for Raylene in case her suitcase is delayed reaching the cabin.

Raylene's suitcase:

Of course contains two weeks+ a few days worth of pre-measured food baggies, Water Bowl and food bowl, Lots of poop bags, nausea drug just in case, heartworm med, flea & tick treatment tube, extra leash, collar and service dog vest, life jacket, toys, teeth chews, reward training treats, two cans of pumpkin for digestive trouble, a can opener, grooming supplies, a microfiber towel in case of rain, and some small washable microfiber cloths for slobbers.

My suitcase:

Besides too many shoes, day & dinner clothes, underwear, and PJs, I pack a bathing suit, cover-up, hat or visor, flip flops, sunglasses. A little med kit of our home remedies like cough drops, Immodium, Tums, etc. Costume jewelry.

I always bring a red plastic peanut butter jar lid to sit on my bedside table to hold rings, earrings, hearing aid case and other little items. A little battery operated clock since for some reason, a lot of cruise line cabins don't have clocks.

Bottle stoppers for re-corking wine bottles (including the kind made for champagne bottles.)

That's about it. I've reached the point where for the dining room at night I don't get real fancy - mostly just black pants that go with several different tops, since I'll have black hairs clinging to me anyway. Besides, who is looking at me? All eyes are on my beautiful canine partner!

For my room key card, lipstick, etc., I found a nice black quilted evening bag with a gold chain to use on cruises that has side pockets - I put some training treats on one side, and a slobber wiper on the other. Voila! Tres chic!

The "slobber wiper" is very interesting. Brenda NEVER slobbered or drooled, Horton is a drooler......I don't know if you'd call it slobber. He drools and you can see big drips of spittle coming out of his mouth when he's watching me eat. So gross!!! I don't bring anything special for this. He only does it when he's sitting beside my chair at home or in the cabin if I'm having room service.

I do bring a roll of paper towels to use for his extra spit and for laying his food and water dish on.

I also have a little zipper pouch that I got from one of our golf tournaments to use for the room card. It has a big clip on it and I attach it to whatever purse I'm using for the day, it has a zipper pouch and it's perfect for just the room card.

I found a jewelry/key/whatever else holder that snaps together , at the corners, to form a perfect holder to keep on top of the desk and then unsnaps to lay flat for packing. It's perfect for keeping the watch & jewels in place after I take them off at the end of the day.

Your tips are great and you reminded me to bring a hat for sitting out.

I also don't forget to bring Horton's ear med's and brush.

You're so right about those black hairs everywhere and how everyone is looking at him, I might as well just send him out and about, that's all everyone cares about anyway....and, I don't blame them!!!

Thanks Chris for your input and great reminders!

Laughing at Horty drooling. I guess that's a better term too for what Ray-Ray does. She does it if she thinks a meal or treat might be coming. I bring along training treats to reward her for doing things right, though I've phased them out quite a bit.

That drool cloth and the paper towels in her vest came in handy a time or two on board.

Laughing at Horty drooling. I guess that's a better term too for what Ray-Ray does. She does it if she thinks a meal or treat might be coming. I bring along training treats to reward her for doing things right, though I've phased them out quite a bit.

That drool cloth and the paper towels in her vest came in handy a time or two on board.

Brenda was such a fine, little lady I never noticed it when this big lug came into my life with those set of jowls! They're as big as a Bloodhound's. And, I've NEVER noticed him drooling anywhere when we were out and about. I only really notice it when I'm eating and he's sitting or laying near me and then stares at me, and drools all over the arm of the chair or on my lap......it's so yucky! I'm not giving him anything, I guess he's hoping for me to drop something, of which I'm sure I have.

Thanks for the reminder of the poop bags. I like the one's that Petco sells, I have to go pick up some and I'll get his nails trimmed at the same time.

Congratulations on the wedding! You are right, being the mother of the groom is the best. Not very stressful. Henri wore a collar with ruffles and rhinestones to my son's wedding in September.

Dianne

I think you posted a pic of that didn't you?

Hi all, My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska in May of next year. This will be our first cruise with his service dog Naini. Naini was a rescue that we sent to training for Brace and Balance. We have not had her that long so this will be quit the adventure. She's a 100lb Komondor. So we have found the biggest problem we have is that she's a show stopper. Since they are a pretty rare bread everyone wants to pet and talk to her which has been very distracting for her (she loves people). I am sure being on the cruise will make this even more of a problem.

I tried to read threw this thread but there is no way I can get through 784 pages..wow can't believe you have kept this going for over 8 years 😀.

So if there is any advice you can give to us to help on our first big adventure with Naini I would appreciate it.

Thanks Judy

Roz, I thought of something else. Does Horty have a life jacket to be packed?

My sister-in-law bought one for Raylene when we all cruised last December. It's bulky but I bring it along even though the chances of ever needing it are remote (I hope.)

When cruising became our vacation of choice I bought Brenda one from Outward Hound [it is bulky] and now Horty uses it. But, on the last few cruises we've been on, Princess and Carnival, have provided me with one [love it].

I checked with Special Access and they told me that one would be provided for Horton and not to bother bringing one. Carnival even has a door sign that states that there is a Service Dog inside, Princess doesn't have that yet.

Hi all, My husband and I just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska in May of next year. This will be our first cruise with his service dog Naini. Naini was a rescue that we sent to training for Brace and Balance. We have not had her that long so this will be quit the adventure. She's a 100lb Komondor. So we have found the biggest problem we have is that she's a show stopper. Since they are a pretty rare bread everyone wants to pet and talk to her which has been very distracting for her (she loves people). I am sure being on the cruise will make this even more of a problem.

I tried to read threw this thread but there is no way I can get through 784 pages..wow can't believe you have kept this going for over 8 years .

So if there is any advice you can give to us to help on our first big adventure with Naini I would appreciate it.

Thanks Judy

Judy, Hubby & Naini, welcome to the biggest little family in the world. And, I do mean "world!" We are located in places very far away and some very close. Most of us, have been together for many, many years and have shared many, many experiences together. We've shared some amazing triumphs and some heart wrenching loses. We're here for each other.

First, we need a picture of Naini. I'm not really good at doing this so anything you can show us would be good. I'm going directly to Google when I close this and see what a Komondor looks like.

Here are some of the most important things you'll need to know:

1. A Vet visit within one week prior to cruising, where you will procure an Aphis 7001 - Transfer of Small Animal form. Hopefully, your Vet has these. If not call him/her and ask them if they can refer you to a Vet who can provide you with a Vet check and the form. The form will ask all the right questions in regard to Naini's immunizations/spay/neuter and physical health for travel.

2. A copy of Naini's training, certificate of graduation or other proof of being a Service Dog. This is not mandatory but sure helps when Immigration is asking about your dog.

3. Proof of Microchip. [Chipping your dog may be required by some ports that you will be visiting] and, is always a good idea anyway.

4. If the city in which you live requires a city dog license, proof of that is good too because it will state that your dog is a Service Dog.

You will want to make 3 copies of all of the above. Check in, prior to boarding the ship will want one, the ship may want one and Immigration may want one.

If you have a copy to hand them, it will save you time and you can continue onto your vacation without having to wait for them to find a copy machine. Keep the originals with you when you leave the ship and be prepared to show them to anyone who may ask.

5. Check with the Special Needs/Access Dept. of your cruise line to make sure that they will have a potty box set-up for Naini the moment you board. You may have to go to the "Guest Services" desk, once onboard, so that someone can let you know where the box is. Or you may ask your cabin Steward and he/she will let you know.

Do have an extra tip [at the end of the cruise] for your Steward who will help you with the box set-up/maintenance and disposal of the solid waste while onboard. Bring some potty bags with you [i like the one's at Petco.]

You can have the box placed in a stairwell/crew closet or out of the way hallway near your cabin. They don't have to place it far away from you. You may INSIST that it be closer to your cabin if it's better for you. They probably will NOT place it on your veranda unless you get really lucky or have an extra big veranda.

BE PREPARED: Before, during and leaving the ship, you will be stopped by your fellow passengers who had to leave their adorable pets at home they're so curious how you got your dog onboard. Tell them as little or as much as you're comfortable with. Do allow for some patting time but only when you say so!

The public is so curious about the potty box and Naini. [Make sure to have practice sessions with Naini in going potty in a small area and on anything.]

You have to allow yourself plenty of time to get from venue to venue on and off the ship or you will be late to everything. You will be stopped constantly and you're setting an example for all of us who will follow you. PLEASE be courteous but firm about strangers touching Naini. Naini will be overwhelmed with the attention. You may want to find an empty lounge or your cabin for a respite away from the maddening crowds.

Elevators can be very problematic especially for a large dog. You will take up a lot of space and there will be hands/legs/feet/shoes/dresses/pants/crotches in Naini's face. Don't allow him to sniff, lick, growl or otherwise act inappropriately in these small spaces. Try to find a spot in the rear of the elevator and if you're entering a full one do ask if anyone minds if you both come onboard. Sometimes you will run into the occasional person who hates, is allergic to or just generally does not want to be in the company of a dog. Be ready for any kind of a reaction.

When I have asked if anyone minds if I come into an elevator I have NEVER been told no. On the other hand, when I just get onboard and show no concern for the general public, I have had a few negative comments made. It's really not your problem and you do have the right to be anywhere with Naini that the general public is but there's always going to be someone who's not as fond of your dog as most. Don't worry about it and don't ever take it personally!

If someone tells me they don't like dogs.......I move as far away from them as I can, or I just leave the elevator and wait for another. I try to avoid them the rest of my cruise, if I can!

Don't put Naini in harms way.......if the place is dark don't lay her down where other's may step on or trip over her. If you're going to put her into a tender boat make sure that there's someone to receive her as she gets in. The boat will be moving in place and this can be very scary to a dog, even the most highly trained one's.

You will love traveling with Naini and the new friends that you will make will be so wonderful. I have made some of the most amazing friends onboard a cruise with my Service Dog.

Have fun!!!!!

Ms. Roz, Thank you for the response that is some very helpful information. I am trying to figure out how to post a picture of Ms. Naini. I will post as soon as I figure it out. She's a really big, all white girl with a lot of hair, and believe me when I tell you she is almost always the center of attention anywhere we take her.

We did run into a person the other day who was terrified of dogs so I completely understand the part about elevators. I could not image being forced to be that close to something I was terified of.

I have already contacted the access department and have all of that worked out. I have contacted my vet and they tell me they have a USDA vet available. My biggest problem is we will traveling across country in our RV prior to boarding and we may not be around our vet 30 days before the trip. I wonder how that will work......

Anyway thanks again for all of your help.

Judy

P.s. Hopefully a picture will follow.

image.jpg.e9d3c6d5630bfd1c9bd1e41fb50f47bf.jpg

Ms. Roz, Thank you for the response that is some very helpful information. I am trying to figure out how to post a picture of Ms. Naini. I will post as soon as I figure it out. She's a really big, all white girl with a lot of hair, and believe me when I tell you she is almost always the center of attention anywhere we take her.

We did run into a person the other day who was terrified of dogs so I completely understand the part about elevators. I could not image being forced to be that close to something I was terified of.

I have already contacted the access department and have all of that worked out. I have contacted my vet and they tell me they have a USDA vet available. My biggest problem is we will traveling across country in our RV prior to boarding and we may not be around our vet 30 days before the trip. I wonder how that will work......

Anyway thanks again for all of your help.

Judy

P.s. Hopefully a picture will follow.

Hello Naini, you are a beautiful girl. Judy, thank you so much for sharing your girl with all of us. She's gorgeous!!!!!

If you will not be seeing the Vet and will be on the road 30 days before the cruise.....it is, what it is! Showing your documents with an explanation is all you can do. And, don't worry, they'll accept it. Alaska is really easy because all of our ADA laws apply. Where you may have some difficulty is Canada [if you'll be touring there.] Although, they are much better than they used to be in recognizing the Service Dog, Vancouver or other areas can still give you some issues. Some shop owners or restaurants may not allow Naini in. It will be on an individual basis and if you're asked to leave, just leave without argument.

You are going to have so much fun. Incorporating a land based RV trip with a cruise is a dream come true. Morey loved our RV and we traveled most of the US in it. His dream was to do exactly what you're doing.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

[attach]367544[/attach]

Naini is beautiful! So glad you have joined our happy, global group. Roz is our forum founder, and group leader extraordinaire. Please keep us posted on your cruise preparations, and all that happens when you actually go on your cruise with Naini. We will be anxiously waiting for lots of news and photos.

Many folks on this forum have found photobucket to be a great place to upload pictures. Their website is fairly user friendly. This seems to make it easier to get a full size picture on, or at least linked to, your messages. (Did I mention we all LOVE photos?) :)

Welcome again to our group rnjmiller!

Beckie

Naini is beautiful! So glad you have joined our happy, global group. Roz is our forum founder, and group leader extraordinaire. Please keep us posted on your cruise preparations, and all that happens when you actually go on your cruise with Naini. We will be anxiously waiting for lots of news and photos.

Many folks on this forum have found photobucket to be a great place to upload pictures. Their website is fairly user friendly. This seems to make it easier to get a full size picture on, or at least linked to, your messages. (Did I mention we all LOVE photos?) :)

Welcome again to our group rnjmiller!

Beckie

Beckie, one day I'll get it [the photo thing]!!!! And, when I do you'll all be sorry. I'm a photoholic.....I have to have a picture of Horton doing almost everything and they're all over my house and office.

When I go on cruises I spend a fortune with the photographers and ALWAYS insist that they take professional shots of my wonderful dogs. I've spent a fortune on those too!

Horton acts just like a Komondor, he has that exact personality. Too bad he doesn't have their glorious hair. They hardly shed and Horton drops pieces of himself wherever he goes! :eek:

If any of you have ever been to the grounds of Canine Companions or any other training org. you've seen buckets of water near water faucets for the dogs to arbitrarily take a drink if needed.

Of course, by the time they've finished training and we take them home they have actual dishes they learn to drink from......well, on my cruise in June, with my kids, I forgot Horton's food and water dish.....I know, I know, what a thing to forget. It was definitely a first for me.

I called our Cabin Steward and asked if he could find me an extra ice bucket and a soup bowl. Need I tell you what each was for? Horton easily drank his water from the ice bucket.....actually, it was so easy to fill each day. And, the soup bowl was his food dish. At first he gave me a quizzical look, like "mom what are you thinking?" And, then easily drank his water and ate his meals, after all, he is a Lab!

I have no idea what they did with the bucket or the bowl after we left the ship, nor do I want to know!!!!

We, who walk or wheel with a Service Dog must learn to be very creative!!!!!:D:rolleyes: :confused:

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Judy, Welcome! Since everyone has already given you the scoop, all I have to say is about the potty box. A few years ago we cruised on Solstice. They put the potty box in a crew hallway right outside the sliding doors leading on to the promenade deck. It was the wind tunnel from hell. There were times we could barely walk down the hall because of the wind. Please make sure they dont put the box there.

I am really concerned with the potty box. We have built a 4x4 box and filled it with Cyprus mulch. So far she looks at us like we are crazy. We wanted to go to Belize in January but decided to wait until May to cruise so we have time to convince her to use the box and Alaska just seemed to be the easiest for our first. I am not sure going inside is going to work for her, she has never done that. Our cabin is on deck three at the front of the ship. Hoping they will put it somewhere close and outside.

I am also concerned about going near the lawn club, I think she might find that much more appealing then the box.:eek:

I will have to check out photobucket. I do most of my computer work on a mini IPAD which is sometimes a little more complicated then a real computer.

Like I said before our biggest problem with Naini is her attraction to people and when they give her attention she is even more tempted to forget all of her training and love everyone. So the cruise experience will be interesting. We have been taking her to a lot of places and she does seem to be improving each and everyday. Our trainer said they would never work with a Kom again they tend to be a bit stubborn. But she is the biggest love bug and she is non-shedding which was a requirement for my husbands allergies.

I am sure you will hear from us a lot before we head out on our adventure. And I like to take pictures of our baby, she is much more photogenic then we are :)

Hi, Judy and welcome! Ms. Naini is beautiful indeed!

I've learned so much from this group of fellow service dog partners. The good news is that an Alaska cruise will present less paperwork hassle than many foreign ports do. Roz is so right about some businesses - a friend of mine had a bad time at an RV park in B.C. refusing to allow her service dog until they finally just left.

Maybe you could arrange to take the dog and all original records to a USDA certified vet in the Seattle area for an exam and form 7001 shortly before heading for your cruise. The health certificate exam doesn't have to be done by your dog's usual vet. The certificate is valid for 30 days.

We have a small RV and love our long trips - my service dog does, too!

I had a negative experience on Celebrity Constellation with the potty box being in a poor location on a slick deck exposed to high winds and rain, and all those responsible on board refused to move it to a more sheltered area. (Even though the doors leading to that deck were blocked to passengers as unsafe due to high wind!) Since it rained the first three days, it was not an ideal start, but we made the best of it, and I loved the ship itself.

I'm going to give Celebrity another try on a Solstice-class ship, Reflection, and will report back in late December on how it goes this time.

There's no getting around all the attention and comments your dog will get. Even crew members jump in suddenly and want to pet. My main challenge was getting to the table in Celebrity's main dining room at dinner - tables are so close together, it's darker, added to all the waiters with trays, passengers coming and going. Once seated at the table, the dog was fine beneath - but we ALWAYS request in advance tables against a wall, fairly near the entrance.... I'll refuse and return to the manager's station if they try to seat us at one in the middle - my dog's tail can get stepped on too easily.

The specialty restaurants are calmer and roomier. I tried to avoid the buffet when it was full of people - it can be very chaotic, plus all the food smells on the floor from passengers' spills can be distracting for my dog. People gazing around looking for tables holding plates of hot food don't pay attention to what/who they're about to collide with! So we go early when it's not busy since we're up with the dog early anyway. Or we have breakfast or lunch in the main dining room, much quieter.

And there's always room service!

Don't worry too much about the mulch box. I fretted for months before our first cruise, but the dog finally resigned herself to the new reality by the end of boarding day and used it. Lots of praise when she used it. I find it helpful if she refuses, to walk her in small circles for a while nearby on the deck, and back to the box. That sort of mimics a dog's usual behavior before picking a spot outdoors. My dog was really happy when she saw a big patch of green grass ashore!

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Chris, great suggestions. Some ships are very stubborn about where they place the box. The ships that leave and return to foreign ports can be a bit more stand-offish about assisting us but as long as the ship is docking in a US port [disembarking or embarking] they pretty much have to abide by the federal government and ADA laws.

I find that if I use my very best demeanor and knowledge that the ship will move the box for me. As Chris stated, there is a sign that says that it can be dangerous to use the deck in high winds and rain......just remind the ships Hotel Manager [every ship on the high seas has one] that your disability could be made worse if you should slip and fall!

I had the Star Princess move the potty box to a stairwell near my cabin after I told them that I was going to fall if I had to use the area they put it in......the box was put exactly where I wanted it right after the Muster Drill [they kept insisting it was against the health code, "bull" I said. Just move it!.] You have to be insistent and DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!! They want you happy & they want you to go away!!!!!

Also, take Naini to the mall, the market, to a restaurant, etc. before you cruise. It's like desensitizing her to crowds. And, don't forget to "correct" her every time she gets too friendly. By the time you get on the ship she'll be a pro.

What Chris mentioned about the floor space in the dining room is so true. I NEVER put Horton under my table. I like sitting with other people and they always forget not to kick or bump him. I ask for a table against a window or wall or railway, where Horton can lay down in safety without being poked or feeling fearful of being stepped on. It's also good for the servers so they can see him and a leg or a tail won't be in the way!!! Horton's black and very difficult to see in a dark room. Naini is easier to see, that's good for everyone! Talk to the Matre d' about where it's best for you to be placed.

The buffet area is the same. Sit near a window, against a wall or railing and always attach her leash to your chair so she won't be tempted to walk away or greet someone whose tempting her [some folks can't help themselves, they'll talk to her and make noises to get her attention.] Be ready for this and allow them talk to her and to touch her later - NO TOUCHING OR PETTING IN THE FOOD AREAS. If people know that you have strict rules for her, they'll truly appreciate her being onboard with you.

Don't feed her or give her water in a public area [keep this to the cabin.] NEVER, NEVER, NEVER allow her to go potty in any grassy area onboard. Because it's tempting and would only cause me to overly correct him, I NEVER take Horton near them!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Horton weighs 95 lbs, he's huge with long, long legs, and only goes to the bathroom in a 4x4 or 5x5 potty box. One's at home and the other at work.

When we're out and about he gets to feel real earth and loves it but he doesn't go in huge circles, like you'd think a dog of his size would, because he's so trained to a small area he immediately goes on command. It's such a pleasure to travel with him.

To initially train him. I took him out on our patio, on leash, and he looked at me like I was nuts. I held his leash and used his command "hurry" while walking him over the box. When he went potty I had a treat ready and for the next time repeated and repeated until now he's a "potty genius!"

When we're cruising I take him, on leash to the potty box for the first few times and by the next day he takes me! I pick up the solids and drop them into a waste receptacle and make sure that the box is full of the mulch because if it's sparsely placed by the time he's walked in turned once the stuff is so displaced he's stepping in it. I ask them to leave the bag of mulch by the box so that I can add more if needed.

It's instinctual for a dog to turn and sniff out where he's going potty and if it's full the litter will stay put and not go to the edges.

Oh, good point about the waste can next to the box. I had to ask Celebrity three times and finally got a white plastic (paint?) bucket for the poop bags. I had to ask them to empty it and to bring more fresh mulch.

Holland America provided a nice stainless steel can with lid. I have to say that Holland America was more accommodating to a service dog on board in my limited experience. We've cruised with the dog on both, but I'm hoping Celebrity will be more welcoming this time.

From what Roz and others have said, Carnival really does it right.

Henri does the same thing - she generally doesn't droll, but when she is waiting for me to say that its okay to start eating her dinner she is drolling all over the place!

Your packing list is very complete! One thing that I do is download documents I think I might need as PDF's to my phone and kindle. That way I have access to them and can print them out if necessary - of course I bring a hard copy of everything, but I have Henri's rabies certificate, county license, CCI certificate, etc. on my phone just in case anything is lost.

Dianne