Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

How does one post a photo on the boards? To date, I have been unsuccessful. Is there a secret or a trick to it?

Cindra

Cindra,

I had to set up a Photobucket account. Then I put pictures there, and then fiddle-diddle with the URL thing to paste the link in my posts. Definitely not proficient at it though! DKD seems to have the best picture loading skills in our happy group. Although I think Cindy has some special skills with photos too.

Thanks,

Beckie

DKD,

Is your electricity still on? How did the storm turn out in your area? We are having record warm temps this week in Kansas City. Not blazing hot, just warmer than normal. Gibson keeps wishing for some snow to run in. Not sure what it is with Labs and snow...

Beckie

We are all fine here. We ended up only getting around 6" of snow. We never lost power.

We are all fine here. We ended up only getting around 6" of snow. We never lost power.

6" thats like a dusting. We got 29" and we are buried!! Did not lose power, we dont usually lose it. Tried to clean off the front of the van but gave up. Havent even seen my car in the back lot but hear its horrible out there. As you see from the pic, snow is up to headlights. We have like 3 more storms coming. Hopefully we can get out of here on the 8th.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Forums mobile app

1422458294159.jpg.0be8ed3d56902b440eb34fa776fb8d09.jpg

Cindy: If you are anything like me, Oh you could bet your sweet patootie I would have that van outta there by the 8th! Think Charles Atlas pulling cars with his teeth? Wasn't it?

Tvaud: When you hit reply to a thread, on the top row is a paper clip (next to the smiley face (not the ones on the right, the one on the top row). If you have the photo saved to your computer, it will let you browse for the photo. It is a primative way, but it works for me. I could never get the hang of the other way. I also made a flickr account then had problems with it! I am so technology challenged! I need someone to show me how to do it. Reading instructions get lost in my head somewhere and do not come out as designed! Try the paperclip, thingy. As a matter of fact I just might try and find some old pictures to post, right now. If I could get the cat outta the way.....She likes to sit in my computer chair and I am in it right now. So instead she stands in front of me and the monitor! Booger.

Well another time, I have some on there, but don't know what they are. Will have to check them first, before I attach!

6" thats like a dusting. We got 29" and we are buried!! Did not lose power, we dont usually lose it. Tried to clean off the front of the van but gave up. Havent even seen my car in the back lot but hear its horrible out there. As you see from the pic, snow is up to headlights. We have like 3 more storms coming. Hopefully we can get out of here on the 8th.

Double Oh My Dawg!!!

We've only once has snow that looked like that and we live way out in the sticks!

On Leann Emily, I had to hi-lite the link and hit open link?

Leanne Emily what have you done to your poor Mum? The first link just took me to a log in page. What is it about naughty pussy cats who love to sit on your keyboard or shove your ipad out of the way to get on your lap?

Cindra - DKD posted ages ago about how to post large photos - I'll try and find it rather than try and explain it! ;):D. I use photobucket also and if I can do it, you can!

Unless he's quicker off the mark than me and can post again on how to post the photos. You can also attach them as Nancy says by using the paper clip or if you scroll down the page when you are actually posting, you will see "manage attachments" - you get the same page either way and then you just upload from your computer. That gives you the smaller photos. But we want the large photos of Pedro in his outfits. :)

Well it's official, Aruba is having her first season!

So no puppy workshop this week - she's being a bit more clingy and of course wants out to pee much more often.

Sadly for us, this gives us a bit of a timeline for her departure for formal training. I've worked it out roughly that she will be going mid-end May, maybe early June. I'll be very happy if she stays a whole year with us.

So we are going to make the most of the next 4 months with our darling girl. Then maybe have a holiday - cruise of course! - and do it all over again! :eek:

She's also a bit on the heavy side, so food to be cut down slowly. It's not fair is it being a young girl dog! ;)

We just had some snow flurries ..... Hope it stays that way!

Well it's official, Aruba is having her first season!

So no puppy workshop this week - she's being a bit more clingy and of course wants out to pee much more often.

Sadly for us, this gives us a bit of a timeline for her departure for formal training. I've worked it out roughly that she will be going mid-end May, maybe early June. I'll be very happy if she stays a whole year with us.

So we are going to make the most of the next 4 months with our darling girl. Then maybe have a holiday - cruise of course! - and do it all over again! :eek:

She's also a bit on the heavy side, so food to be cut down slowly. It's not fair is it being a young girl dog! ;)

We just had some snow flurries ..... Hope it stays that way!

You have done a great job and should be very proud. We are huge fans of puppy raisers and can't thank you enough for what you are doing.

Good news! Pedro's Tommy Bahama shirt arrived today with a couple of other packages without fanfare. I did call the post master to let them know it did indeed arrive today....since they never called me back. They didn't even remember my case. This doesn't surprise me at all...:rolleyes:

Along with the TB shirt, a colorful parrot Hawaiian shirt arrived for Pedro. It matches one of my husband's shirts, so we will have to coordinate that one night. It would make for a cute photo.

Cindra

Cindra, I'm sure that Pedro will be the hit of the ship with his outfits.

Remember; when you're on a cruise with him he's representing all of us. Having fun and enjoying your cruise to the fullest is key.

Don't let yourself get caught up in the passengers joy at seeing him looking so cute. He's a Service Dog FIRST! Please make sure that he's acting appropriately and that you're ALWAYS in control.

People will want to hold, pat, talk to and love on him. Be professional and make sure that the public knows that he's not there to entertain them, he's a working partner. Let them know that he can be playful but only when you've released him to do so.

It's hard work to not get caught-up in the public's joy of such a delightful and well managed and trained dog.

hey notice, 1 week 4 days!!!! Hope after the next 3 storms we can make it out of here. :eek:

Cindy, I can't believe how close you are. I don't care if you have to stick a plow on the front of your new van. Get the heck out of "Dodge!" You're going to sunshine/warm sandy beaches and foo-foo drinks! :p

You must be getting so excited. This is the time in the waiting game that I start to panic........"What did I forget to buy?' "Is Horton all set with his Vet exam?" "Is my paperwork in order?" "Do I need this or that?" And, on and on!

It's a love/hate thing. I love the whole idea and I hate all the preparation.

Although the anticipation of it all is my very favorite part!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Cindy, I can't believe that much snow can fall all at once. Never experienced it in my life. Maybe when I was a baby in Pittsburgh, before I came to L.A.

Fairbourne, you do have some time with your baby and that's good for both of you. I love how you don't even hesitate to mention that you WILL do it again!

Nancy, I couldn't see anything. Stop teasing us!

We are still waiting for the plow to come. He did the driveway last night but we need him to do our spaces. Until he comes the van is stuck. John just called maintenance guy to find out whats going on.

Roz, I just finished all my ironing and now have piles of clothes on the dresser. Al l appts are made. I have been trying to get my hair done but have had to cancel cuz of the snow. My hairdresser is in ct and only works 2 days a week. I have a new appt on Tues but now we are suppose to get more snow Mon. :(

Chris, dont complain about alittle cold. Ill take that anyday.

We are still waiting for the plow to come. He did the driveway last night but we need him to do our spaces. Until he comes the van is stuck. John just called maintenance guy to find out whats going on.

Roz, I just finished all my ironing and now have piles of clothes on the dresser. Al l appts are made. I have been trying to get my hair done but have had to cancel cuz of the snow. My hairdresser is in ct and only works 2 days a week. I have a new appt on Tues but now we are suppose to get more snow Mon. :(

I couldn't live in weather conditions that would "rule" my world. I'm way to anal and too much of a "control freak!" I want "it" done when I want it!!!!

It would make me crazy to wait for someone else to do it.

I have to wait for someone to haul off some HUGE stuff off our patio and every day I go home from work.....I look at the "stuff" and try to figure out a way for me to do it by myself. There's absolutely NO WAY that I can do it but still, in my head, I'm breaking down the furniture and hauling it away in trash bags, yeh, right!!!!

It took my daughter and my son to get the job started [poor kids, they were exhausted] and I'm hiring a young, strong guy to finish it this weekend. My Morey, may he rest in peace, was such a hoarder and he taught me well. I started saving everything because he would tell me to. No more!! If I don't use it in a year, I'm throwing it away. Sometimes it's not so easy to do but geez, to save every little thing he would pick up on his walks; screws, bolts, rope, nails, wood, bricks and on and on!!!! It's piled up and it's got to go!!!!

So, I bet it's making you and John crazy to wait for someone to come and plow you out. COME ON SPRING!!!! :p

Well, maybe that was the problem I had with flickr last time and quit using it. The pictures were there after I posted them, because I checked them. Now they say unavailable to me too. The pictures are not on my computer, just in flickr, so I cannot attach them. Ahhh the convenience of technology! NOT!

Well, maybe that was the problem I had with flickr last time and quit using it. The pictures were there after I posted them, because I checked them. Now they say unavailable to me too. The pictures are not on my computer, just in flickr, so I cannot attach them. Ahhh the convenience of technology! NOT!

What you need to do for bigger photos is go to photobucket dot com and create a free account. Then you can upload pictures to the account and then insert them here full size. It's pretty easy to do.

When your on Photobucket, you use "direct" for your share links choice.

DKD - would you mind please posting the information you gave me re posting photos from photobucket.

It would be helpful to others and it made it so easy for me to do.

I find if I copy the link on my photo bucket page and then paste it into a word document (or similar) then I can copy all the links that I want and then log out of my photobucket account. I then log into CC and copy and paste the links using the little yellow mountain icon - just below the paper clip.

I haven't worked out how to keep photobucket logged in and be logged into cc at the same time! So this is my way of doing it.

How are you doing today ..... We've had no snow yet! Lots down south in England. Cold though!

Roz, you would not cope with this! But the snowdrops are coming out so spring is on its way and the days are drawing out. So soon the dogs won't need their dayglo jackets on for their evening walks!