Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

The security people I was referring to are the ones who scan your cruise card whenever you get on and off the ship. Toward the end of the cruise, the info in their scanners was not current. In Costa Rica when we scanned out, they stopped us and said the dog was not allowed off the ship in Panama. I looked at her and said, "Yes, but this is Costa Rica..." Then she let us go. In Jamaica, my husband stayed on board with the dog, as he was not permitted to enter Jamaica. When security scanned my card, she stopped me again and said, "The dog is not allowed off the ship." I looked at her and said, "Do you see a dog?" I guess I was tired...or tired of the misinformation. I wasn't nasty, just being honest.

Can't blame you! Not nasty at all. I'm interested in this because I doubt I'll take my dog ashore in some of the ports in Central America on our cruise next month. But my husband and I might take turns.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

You guys, I know what you're feeling. It's nerve wracking to wait. I've been there -twice. But, the wait is so worth it and then you'll wonder, "where did the time go!?

In the meantime practice on walking, bending, throwing a ball; go buy lots of toys. Brenda loved tennis balls and went through them like they were peanuts.......not Horty, he could care less about the balls.....give him a squeaky toy that he can throw and wrestle with.....I always buy him a few new one's when we go on a cruise to keep him busy and engaged!

It doesn't take him long and he's got various parts of it chewed off and the stuffing out......now I buy the toys without the stuffing but lots of squeakies.......he's such a character!!!!

I have been practicing by dog sitting my son's lab puppy. I don't know how the puppy raisers do it. She wears me out, its like watching a toddler. She is in to everything.

Dianne

Congratulations to Cruising With A Service Dog.......We have hit over ONE MILLION views. Unbelievable!

Woo Hoo! :D

Thank you Roz for starting this thread. I've learned so much from you and other SD partners. :) (And put me down for a Scotland/Fairbourne/Aruba visit. ;))

Congratulations to Cruising With A Service Dog.......We have hit over ONE MILLION views. Unbelievable!

Have we really ..... incredible! And I know I've said this a million times before, it's all down to Miss Brenda Elizabeth and her lovely human Mum! :D

Whilst we are waiting to win the lottery to fund this trip for you all to come to Scotland, and we build a huge extension to put you all up in - here are some photos of Aruba as a teeny. I sent her breeder "mum" and her temporary puppywalker "mum", her first birthday photos and they were so kind to send me back ones of her as a teeny. Her doggy mum, Bonnie, apparently is big, kind and gentle and loves a cuddle, so Aruba definitely takes after her! Bonnie is going to have another litter soon, and breeder "mum" is keeping everything crossed that it's not another 10 pup litter! :eek:

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as we have! This is Aruba chewing Mum's tail! image.jpg3_zpsdrwjonhc.jpg

And congratulations to us!

Thanks Chris - Yes those tufts are a big give away ..... I adore them!:D

These photos are definitely ones for her photo album - of which there will be two - one for us and one for her future partner.

I still haven't got the photo with her and me ..... next weekend hopefully when we are going to one of our favourite hotels with Madame! At least then I might have time to put some slap on, and nice clothes that I don't have to worry about getting all cat-haired!!! LOL!

This little chap (I think he's only about 4/5 months old and is a Husky) came to visit my DH in his office last week.... he's gorgeous but I don't think I would like his spring moult! :eek:

image.jpg1_zpsszbo1yw8.jpg

Roz, I know and I am grateful to the two lovely ladies for sending them to me.

Having read how you and others wished they had photos of your dogs as pups, this is great for me to be able to pass on to Aruba's future person.

I've told Aruba's breeder Mum that I would happily puppy walk any future pups Bonnie has! :D

Roz, I know and I am grateful to the two lovely ladies for sending them to me.

Having read how you and others wished they had photos of your dogs as pups, this is great for me to be able to pass on to Aruba's future person.

I've told Aruba's breeder Mum that I would happily puppy walk any future pups Bonnie has! :D

Lucky pups they'll be!!!!

My favourite ..... everybody say aaaah .....;):D

image.jpg2_zpspetq8mni.jpg

look at the focus and commitment on that face..."I don't know who the lucky person is yet, but I am going to be the best Service Dog out there - I am going to guide my a** off and I am going to make Fairbourne proud that she was my Puppy Mum!"

look at the focus and commitment on that face..."I don't know who the lucky person is yet, but I am going to be the best Service Dog out there - I am going to guide my a** off and I am going to make Fairbourne proud that she was my Puppy Mum!"

Pass the tissues Roz ..... Blubbing in Scotland this morning! Thanks alexspepa for your very kind words .... She still has that focus! :)

I've told you guys this before but I can't say it enough.......I DID NOT like Black Labs. I ALWAYS wanted a Yellow/Golden/White Lab. When I first went on the Waiting List at CCI in 2000, I could only picture myself with a Golden/Yellow Lab ONLY! I interviewed with a big, Golden Retriever named Brocko and I just knew that that's what I was going to get.

When I went to Team Training in 2002 I came home with Brenda Elizabeth [pure English Black Lab.] As she grew older she looked like a pit bull [boxy, short and black.] I didn't like this dog when I first met her and the trainers knew it. We worked together for 2 weeks and I grew to ADORE her, like no other being in my life! From the moment she walked into our front door I knew that I would love Black Labs like I've never loved another kind or color of dog before!

Than in 2012 [i was ready for a Successor Dog, Brenda needed to retire] and CCI matched me with a small pony called Horton. Another Black Lab whom I call Horton Jeffrey. When I brought him home he towered over Brenda Elizabeth but she let him know that this was her home, these were her people and he soon took his place at the back of the line. She ALWAYS let me believe that I was the head of the pack!!!! ;)

To Fairbourne, DKD and every PuppyWalker or PuppyRaiser who brings these adorable pups into their lives to teach them manners and how to be social beings only to give them back to the Organization to become our "miracle workers"........THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and soul!!!!

Roz, I am here....Just super duper busy. Been working on house every weekend. Reading, trying to keep up. Boyscouts tonight, plus pretty much working full time these days. It seems these women can't get to work for a full day, now a days. Not complaining, it keeps me in work!

Roz, I am here....Just super duper busy. Been working on house every weekend. Reading, trying to keep up. Boyscouts tonight, plus pretty much working full time these days. It seems these women can't get to work for a full day, now a days. Not complaining, it keeps me in work!

Yip-tee-do!!!!! She's okay! I'm glad you're working hard and all is good!