Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Holly, the Stetson photos of decked-out doggies in red, white and blue were great! I'm amazed at the one Lab willingly tolerating the headband decoration.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day. I'll be spending it with family including two of my favorite veterans who served in the 1960s (husband and brother). I'm so glad they both came back home.

We have the best CCI Breeder/Caretaker. She keeps us updated with pictures of Sutter. Here is the latest one. He's about five weeks old here. He's the mush in the middle.

e01e2110-91f0-47ce-a3e9-4aa0806ff440.jpg

Oh my dawg - a beautiful pile of puppies - "give them to ME, I want them aaaaallll!" ;):D:D:D

I think tomorrow is the day you will hear how Davis is getting on. I can't wait to hear how he's doing too! :)

We just got Davis's first progress report. He is settling in well, and playing nice with others in the play yard. He is showing some anxiety with new things. No surprises there. The next report is when they start to mean something.

Hugs to Davis! And to you as well.

Wonderful! Thank you on behalf of those who receive them and from all of us who have received such wonderful dogs through such generosity.

Your are welcome and it is so important this program, for one to be able to live and work independently and as our Lions Motto says "We Serve". :):)

Edited by Folk Singer

We just got Davis's first progress report. He is settling in well, and playing nice with others in the play yard. He is showing some anxiety with new things. No surprises there. The next report is when they start to mean something.

I feel like my grand-kid has gone off to college or joined the Marines.

Oh Roz...where are you??

I'm here, honey, I'm here!!!!! Your little "mush-ball" is so, so cute. His little squishy face is so adorable......He's so lucky that I'm not near or I'd be slobbering him with Auntie Rozzie kisses!!!!

Our Davis is doing as expected.......I hope he keeps up the good work and doesn't show too much of his true self. You know they may all look alike but inside they are so, so different.

Horton is the BIGGEST BABY.....I'm so surprised they passed him in training. If you correct him, he goes off to another room and literally sulks like a two year old little boy!!!!! It takes a while for him to recover from a "correction", such a baby! Brenda used to look at me when I corrected her, as if to say; "you talking to me blondie, well, shut-up!"

Sutter is adorable!!!!!

We have the best CCI Breeder/Caretaker. She keeps us updated with pictures of Sutter. Here is the latest one. He's about five weeks old here. He's the mush in the middle.

e01e2110-91f0-47ce-a3e9-4aa0806ff440.jpg

I Just has to copy this photo up again. I finally worked out the bottom pup's head was upside down! Not that I am T H I C K or anythin lik that, nae me! ;):eek:

DKD, I was really coming on here to say I'm glad you heard about your boy, and I imagine anxious is a common report back - gosh it's all new, some of it exciting, lots of new people, what's a boy dog to do? I'm sure he's getting lots of cuddles!

Oh you are so funny, DKD, that was such a heartfelt plea for your Aunty Roz - I'm sorry but I laughed as I could hear you saying it with a squeaky little 4 year olds voice! I'm so naughty, she'll show up now and give me a right ear full for being so cheeky!

But seriously, Where are you Aunty Roz? It's not like you to miss the puppy photos!

Oh oh she's here!!! That's too funny we were typing and posting at the same time.

Glad you're here Roz! :D

I can't even think about Aruba going - mind you I feel she's ready now, she needs a job! So I can't be selfish! Off to the vet tomorrow for a pre-op check up, then op on Friday.

The first progress report always makes a puppy raiser feel like crap!!

You know they will be nervous and be filled with anxiety and it makes you feel like you should have never brought them back. They were perfectly happy living with you and were no bother at all. Now you humanize them and have them talking to each other in the kennel at night saying maybe they will come back and get us tomorrow. But then the next report comes and you see that they are making progress and are much happier. And you don't feel like such a rat fink for leaving them there. Then you start thinking about them either graduating or being released. Either way they will bring joy to a family. In the mean time you get another puppy and keep yourself occupied.

.....l

You know they will be nervous and be filled with anxiety and it makes you feel like you should have never brought them back. They were perfectly happy living with you and were no bother at all. Now you humanize them and have them talking to each other in the kennel at night saying maybe they will come back and get us tomorrow.

Oh NO! Don't be saying this to me, you know I've thought all this already! I'm looking at Aruba lying sleeping and snoring in front of the fire, and oh how empty that comfy bed is going to be soon .......... She's going to me so missed. The DH keeps telling her "just remember darling, you come home to us if you don't like it at school". She gives him one of her cute looks and then looks at me with a frown as if to say, "see, he doesn't keep telling me I'm going to school soon"! I say this when she's being naughty, which is most of the time! She's taken a real dislike to a hedge in the garden and is always hauling great big lengths of branch off it and then goes charging around the garden with them. She thinks this is hilarious of course! And even funnier if I try and catch her! Which always fails miserably! And it's always when I'm in a rush to get her out. She's a little Madame sometimes, but I love her dearly!

But then the next report comes and you see that they are making progress and are much happier. And you don't feel like such a rat fink for leaving them there.

I'm glad in a funny sort of way that Aruba will be collected from us at home. Then I can blub in private ........

Then you start thinking about them either graduating or being released. Either way they will bring joy to a family. In the mean time you get another puppy and keep yourself occupied.

Now that's more pawsitive! Just the spirit, old chap, especially when they are as cute as Sutter!

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! We finally got a computer! Yay!!

Hello to everyone old and new! I have missed you all. It's been a long time. Our neighbor decided to get rid of her computer so we bought it. It's even got a mouse. :D I hated not having one. John had the laptop but it was only here at night and he was always on it. Only thing I've done was fb, cuz it was easy.

I hope everyone is doing good. Please fill me in on the important things that have happened. And any trouble Nancy and Roz have caused. :D

Alot going on here but I won't bore you my first day back. :)

Love you guys and missed all my doggies!!

Cindy

I Just has to copy this photo up again. I finally worked out the bottom pup's head was upside down! Not that I am T H I C K or anythin lik that, nae me! ;):eek:

DKD, I was really coming on here to say I'm glad you heard about your boy, and I imagine anxious is a common report back - gosh it's all new, some of it exciting, lots of new people, what's a boy dog to do? I'm sure he's getting lots of cuddles!

Oh you are so funny, DKD, that was such a heartfelt plea for your Aunty Roz - I'm sorry but I laughed as I could hear you saying it with a squeaky little 4 year olds voice! I'm so naughty, she'll show up now and give me a right ear full for being so cheeky!

But seriously, Where are you Aunty Roz? It's not like you to miss the puppy photos!

Hush now!!!! When my men [be they little or big] need me......I'm like Mighty Mouse......I'm here to save the day!!!!

Oh oh she's here!!! That's too funny we were typing and posting at the same time.

Glad you're here Roz! :D

I can't even think about Aruba going - mind you I feel she's ready now, she needs a job! So I can't be selfish! Off to the vet tomorrow for a pre-op check up, then op on Friday.

This darn job I'm at may think what has to be done "NOW", will be done, when I'm finished with my cruising babies!!!! Be they furry or otherwise! :eek: ♥

You know they will be nervous and be filled with anxiety and it makes you feel like you should have never brought them back. They were perfectly happy living with you and were no bother at all. Now you humanize them and have them talking to each other in the kennel at night saying maybe they will come back and get us tomorrow. But then the next report comes and you see that they are making progress and are much happier. And you don't feel like such a rat fink for leaving them there. Then you start thinking about them either graduating or being released. Either way they will bring joy to a family. In the mean time you get another puppy and keep yourself occupied.

Awwww! Such is the life of the PuppyRaiser. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm always curious about how you guys do the amazing job that you do!