Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Yeah, I would not want pencils stuck between my paw pads, that's for sure!!! OUCH!

(Uhm, not that I HAVE paw pads, LOL!! But I do have toes!!!)

I hope you hear from Princess and I hope they don't blow it once you get there!

Here's the answer to that........ask for the bag(s) of pellets and make sure that they are poured in at least 4 inches thick, in the bottom of the box. Keeping them piled, thickly, makes them easier to stand on.

And, I will not leave the box until I get the full bag and, I will pour it in myself if they're being "chincy" with it!

Nancy & Sunshine: You are BOTH our hero's. In different venues but none-the-less HERO'S.

Nancy, your assistance with these children is so vital in so many ways. Thank you! Please remind the parents and other instructors that CCI has dogs who can make a difference in these children's lives, as Peter and so many can attest to.

Sunshine, that young dog did so well because you were a great leader and he knew it! Amazing, how dogs will take on the personality of the person who is directing them. Again, thank you for your good work with these future "furry partners!"

Well, I'm off to calling Princess to check on the set-up for our April 18th cruise onboard the Sapphire. Do you think they've purchased the artificial turf? That would be a dream come true.......I'll let you know.

Roz, thanks for your kind words. Sometimes it is just so much fun out with the dogs, sometimes it is a bit of work, always worthwhile. Plus, the puppies were so cute today and getting so big. Pretty soon mommy will go back to her family and these guys will move to the puppy barn. Of course there are a couple more mommies ready to join the nursery. One I had in my home when she was younger.

Roz, thanks for your kind words. Sometimes it is just so much fun out with the dogs, sometimes it is a bit of work, always worthwhile. Plus, the puppies were so cute today and getting so big. Pretty soon mommy will go back to her family and these guys will move to the puppy barn. Of course there are a couple more mommies ready to join the nursery. One I had in my home when she was younger.

AWWWWW! Everytime I see the "Marley & Me" commercials on T.V. I go nuts. Labs are the most endearing puppies, with all those ears and legs to grow in to!!!!

I still never saw the movie! I hate the ending! :o

Roz:

As Sunshine said, Thank you for your thoughtful words. But, I do not consider myself a hero. We do what we have to do. I cannot tell you the number of times I heard people say they could not take in a grandchild and raise them. Their hard times were over, yada, yada. I would not trade Travis for my retirement, nor the world. He is so special to us. It's really kind of funny (not haha) but I just realized that we cannot leave and go away on a cruise or anything else. It has nothing to do with Travis, it is the care of my mom. I just left there and for the 2nd day out of 3 she has totally destroyed the inside of the microwave with beef stew! I told her after the first time I had to clean it, use the cover you have, use a paper plate or a paper towel, but COVER it. Well I guess that did not sink in. I had to heat water in the microwave and totally "scrub" it again. I put the cover in the microwave hoping she see it when she goes to put something in it. Time will tell. I know it is a little thing, but it kills my back trying to stand on tip toes to manually scrub it. It still doesn't come off easy, even with boiling water in there.

The kids are the hi-lite of my day. They are truly special and I mean that in the best way. I love them to death. I treat them like they are my own. What unconditional love I get back from them. Alex told me the other day, (In his own way) to go now. Pushed on me and pointed me towards the door! I guess he was done with me. But less than a minute later his was over by the door for me to come back in and see what he had done. :DThat's enough for me.

Everyone have a great evening. Got to get dinner going and see what my boy is doing. It is so beautiful this time of year, he is still outside playing in the dirt. He wants Papa to build him a fort so bad. Will start to work on those plans soon.........

Nancy

Here's the answer to that........ask for the bag(s) of pellets and make sure that they are poured in at least 4 inches thick, in the bottom of the box. Keeping them piled, thickly, makes them easier to stand on.

And, I will not leave the box until I get the full bag and, I will pour it in myself if they're being "chincy" with it!

Nah, I won't use the paper pellets at all. I know my dog will hate it, I will hate it, and the things will get stuck between her paws and maybe tangled in her long paw hair (both between the paw pads and on her feet).

I'm going to try to get my own box (LOL, now I sound like the Cheese-Its commercial!) like the Pup-Head to bring on. I just need to check around for any cheaper options and whatnot.

Roz, I don't know if you remember but I told a similar story the last time we vacationed here. This time I am filing a formal complaint. Here is what happened:

I was with Bailey at Crystal Cove State Park. Ranger Rick (not his real name) Badge #007 (not his real badge number either -even though he seemed to think it was) approached me and my husband, Jim, all puffed up like a toad. " Lady, there are signs all over that say no dogs on the beach!" I responded I was aware of that, but Bailey was my service dog. I pointed out the service dog vest even though he was standing beside her. I offered him three different forms of ID. I also told him she was registered at the office. What office? he asked. I informed him we were staying at Cottage#1 - the handicap accessible cottage ON THE BEACH.

He spit out, "THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" He went on to say, service dogs needed to be registered with the State Parks Department. "Really? I said, and exactly where would they register?" He stared at me a moment, unsure, then I offered, "on www.parks.ca.gov?" "Yes, he said, they have to be registered there!"

Gosh, should I check with Raley's and the Library and any where else I want to go to see if I need to "pre-register" my service dog in order to enter. Since federal ADA laws supersede state laws, I said I would buy him a cup of coffee if one had to register dogs on the park web site.

I walked away; angry, embarrassed and sick of him trying to intimidate me. Most of all, I was so very, disappointed my long awaited walk on the beach could be ruined by this ill trained, badge heavy, ranger. In tears and shaking, I returned to our cabin. Jim stayed behind and asked the ranger, "What would you like us to do?" Ranger Rick just walked away from him.

Once in the cottage, I immediately went to the web site where, surprised, surprise I did not see any place to "register service dogs." However, I did see the compliant forms.

I left to find Ranger Rick. He was sitting in his truck. I told him I look on the web site and I thought he owed me a cup of coffee. So much for the humorous educational approach as he responded with, " I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS JOB FOR 30 YEARS AND THERE ARE NO DOGS ON THE BEACH! Again, I said, except service dogs. He said "How did I know it was a service dog? I couldn’t see it from the truck." I reminded him he was standing right next to her wearing her vest and I showed him ID.

I was extremely upset. I cannot convey the horrible attitude of this man. He was belittling me and trying to intimidate me. He was still arguing about dogs not being allowed on the beach. He couldn’t seem understand that service dogs ARE NOT PETS. Again he repeated, "I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 3O YEARS!" I then informed him the ADA was passed in 1990 and it might be time he read it.

I asked for his name and badge number. Ranger Rick gave me his card, and said the web site was on the card - it wasn't.

I don't mind being stopped and asked if Bailey is a service dog. She is a whippet, not a common breed for service dogs. I don’t look "handicapped." I am used to people asking questions.

In the past, I have provided rangers at Crystal Cove: ADA literature; Service dog brochures for public access from Delta Society; Department of Justice information and, ironically, I have provided the access policies as published on the State Parks web site. The last time I was there, I even offered to give up some of my vacation time to give an in-service (free of charge).

I understand the beach is a fragile environment. What the rangers don’t understand or haven’t been trained to understand, is that a service dog is to be regarded as medical equipment- just like a wheelchair or a cane.

This time I am filing a complaint and asking that staff be trained on ADA.

Edited by Andar

I have to agree with Roz. We have some very special people on this board, and I'm glad to know all of you!!

I have to agree also! But the special ones are you guys that share your lives and furbabies with us......:D

I am typing obe handed, as I have kitty, Leann Emily perched on my left shoulder, purring loudly. She's draped over like a sack of potatoes!:p

Darcie,

What a way to ruin a vacation. I agree, next time, hopefully their won't be one, but I would insist a supervisor be called. And to think they work at the federal level. :eek: And if the supervisor is as ignorant, I would keep going up the chain, it has got to stop.

Everyone have a great Friday and weekend!

Nancy

Darcie: Hearing your story about that moron ranger made me get goosebumps and brought back the day at Souplantation and the manager who refused to let Brenda in. I'm so sorry that happened to you, how awful! I know exactly how you felt......it's so demeaning and can literally and physically bring you down. (Brenda and I came out victorious in that one and, so did every other person walking or wheeling with an SD, after us!) The manager was fired and you should see how welcoming everyone is when we go into that restaurant now!!!!!

I'm afraid we're NEVER going to be "done" with the people (even the supposedly educated one's) who will question and even try to intimidate our existence and rights.

You stood tall (even though you were shaking) and did the best you could do, under the circumstances. Now, go after him. I wonder if you had called 911 as I did, if anything would have happened?

I hope that you were able to have some sort of vacation the rest of your time at the beach!

Thank goodness these confrontations are not clearly understood by our dogs...they see we're upset, they see someone moving into our space, they hear the changes of our tone of voice.....Geeezzz, maybe, they do "get it", afterall. The good thing is they live in the moment and the bad stuff just gets put into the past and forgotten......not like us....we carry it FOREVER!!!

Again, sorry you had to experience this. Let us know what follow-up you do. Stay strong and be well!

Thanks guys,. I waited two days to make sure I was 'cooled off' before taking action.

Today, I called and emailed the complaint to the state HR person in charge of public access. I got the number of his supervisor at the district level. Since we are still at the Beach until Tuesday, I called the supervisor and asked him to come see me.

The supervisor called tonight and said he will be here in the morning. I want two things, 1) a formal complaint in the rangers file so he remembers not to treat people like that and 2) Mandory training for all employees in contact with the public on ADA.

I am optomistic, the meeting tomrrow will be productive, but if it is not I will continue at the state level. No one should be treated that way.

As a side note. I went on a week vacation with my sister last month. I have been doing well in rehab and I decided it would be a good test to leave Bailey home. I could see how well I functioned without her for a week and then decide if I take her on the Sept. Alaska cruise.

SHE IS GOING WITH ME TO ALASKA. I needed her so many times.

Darcie,

I know that feeling as well and your story reminds me of so many experiences. It can be really hard to remain calm, yet direct in those situations. I didn't grow up being a "fighter", but when I'm confronted with Cameron, the hotness starts welling up inside of me making me want to fight, then afterwards, I feel like I never want to go through that again, so "wouldn't it be best to avoid that place" - which isn't the right response. I've learned from those on the board that there is more at stake than just my feelings, so a great response is to report or complain, which it sounds like you are doing. On our recent trip to Washington D.C., I held my ground a number of times and then complained to the companies, which gave great satisfaction. I'm also learning about complaining to the DOJ, which has some real consequences.

The closest experience we had to "Ranger Rick" was Cameron, Susan and I were staying at the Embassy Suites in New York City, which is next to where the WTC was. Early in the morning, about 7:30am we were walking down to the Statue of Liberty ferry through a park by the water. Werin had already taken care of business before entering the park. A City park attendant drove up in a golf cart style vehicle and we smiled and said Good Morning. She immediately started yelling at us to get out of the park because there were no dogs allowed. I remained calm and said, "Thank you, but this is not a pet, but a service animal" She insisted multiple times that were were no dogs allowed in the park getting more and more intense. I then explained we were just walking through the park to get somewhere else and we would be on our way and she left us yelling, "Never come back" We continued on. I didn't raise my voice, but was firm that we were allowed, which is my general response. Afterwards though, my thoughts generally turn to, "how are we going to get back in the afternoon" "Do we have to walk around the park to avoid a confrontation or just go right through again?" and trying to figure out how to avoid another incident.

I know it is not really comparable, but sometimes I imagine what some of those brave individuals in the Civil Rights movement went through. Of course, virtually all of our public interactions are pleasant, enjoyable and have no issues, so comparisons are so small, since they had to confront similar issues all the time, not just sometimes. But when we go somewhere new, or have a new situation, sometimes I think, I wonder whom will confront us this time - who will try to take access away. Whom will be yelling at me in front of my 10 year old. Will there be a scene in "this restaurant"? Will this security guard stop us to tell us no dogs are allowed?

Do you ever notice that when you walk in a room with the service dog, everyone in the room stops and looks. For a guy whom normally likes to blend in an be part of the crowd, it can be unnerving. I lived for a year in Sri Lanka before getting married to Susan or having Cameron and the same thing happened there. A 6'4" man walks into a room in Sri Lanka at the height of their civil war where there weren't any tourists and everyone stops for a second to take you in. I find the same thing happens with Cameron and Werin. We are always being "taken in", just for a moment - before everyone proceeds with what they were doing. It has given me a greater appreciation for what celebrities go through where they don't really have a private life. After living in L.A., I used to see it all the time. Someone from the movies would be out, you would see them and constantly people are coming up and talking to them while they are trying to eat or shop. It's not bad, but just different and I can understand why some celebrities don't like it or feel it can be a burden to be in public.

I joke with others that it takes twice as long to do anything like shopping or getting around because so many people come up, stop and stare, or point with their kids at us going by. It comes with the beauty of the service our dogs do for us. A trade off which is worth it for the gifts they give us.

So Darcie, I understand what you went through this week at the beach. The feelings of anger, hurt, fight, and whatever else that came. Many times people's ignorance is not intentional, so I'm glad you are taking care of the situation and using it to educate and help the park service recognize the laws that are in place, so that it can be better for all those that come after.

Peter, I can't tell you how much your reponse means to me. I am meeting with the ranger's supervisor this morning and your words were just what I needed to hear. Thank you for taking the time to write.:)

I just have to tell you that I will be going on three cruises in the next year and a half. I got a big surprise last night, my younger brother called me and asked me what I had planned for this coming September and I told him "Nothing right now", so he said I want you to mark off your calendar from Sept 21, 2009 to October 2, 2009, because we are taking you on a 17 day cruise from Vancouver BC to Miami, Fl through the Panama Canal for your birthday. He told me that all of my expenses will be paid and that I will not have to worry about anything. Was I surprised, I am still shaking all over with excitement. This is one of my dream cruises (my other one is to cruise Ireland) and he knew that. So Missie will be going on yet another cruise with me.

I posted my new cruise post before I read the other posts. When it comes to Ranger Rick, he should have known the laws and I know that for a fact. My brother-in-law is a ranger at Crater Lake National Park and all National and State Parks Rangers are required to take a mandatory training class on dealing with disabled people and their service animals. He told me part of the training class covers if the animal gets sick, what to do if a person has a seizure and so many other things that are not covered in a CPR class. I sent him a copy of this post just to see what he says and I will let you know his response. I know that if I were you, I would also request an apology from Ranger Rick for the embarassment and humiliation that you had to endure because he did not know (or claimed not to know) his job.

I to would like to know how this turns out and what they do for you.

BTW, Roz, what is required for Princess Cruise lines for taking a service animal. I know what I have to do for Carnival, but I do not know what I have to do for Princess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By request, here is the summary of the meeting with the supervisor of "Ranger Rick." I wrote it for my blog - which is mostly read by family and friends -non service dog owners so I am sorry for the length.

The supervisor of badge heavy, ignorant, Ranger Rick, said he would come to our cottage after the life guard tryouts on Saturday morning. About 3:00 PM, I got a call from the supervisor and he said he and another officer would be coming by shortly. They were both very polite and professional. I described the incident, probably giving them too much detail - I have to remember, "just the facts, ma'am. " But I was very calm.

My goal was twofold:

First, I wanted make sure there was training provided to the staff regarding peoples right to have equal access; even though they must use a service dog.

Second, due to Ranger Rick's horrible, demeaning, badge heavy, attitude and the fact that he flat out made up "facts" to try to intimidate me (like service dogs must be registered with the state dept. of parks), I wanted a formal complaint in his personnel file.

I waited four days to make sure I was as objective as I could be under the circumstances; but as hard as I tried to make excuses for his behavior, (bad day, fight with the wife, late in the day, etc.) there was absolutely no reason to teat any person in the manner.

With regard to the training; I was flabbergasted to learn that both of the supervisors were unsure and confused about the definition of service dog and regulatory authority. They said they had tried unsuccessfully to research the subject themselves. They had conflicting information and found it frustrating to deal with the number of dogs on the beach.

I totally agree there is a problem with people thinking they can slap a scarf or jacket on their pet and call it a service dog. There is a huge amount of training, and steps necessary to train a dog (and the person). Not to mention, the person has to have a NEED for a service dog - even if they don't look like it!

For the record, saying a pet, companion dog or even a therapy dog is a service dog, is illegal and there can be a hefty fine - the same as stealing a handicap parking placard and using illegally. Shame on them.

One supervisor stated, in twelve years of working the beach, he had only seen two service dogs; until the last two years. Now there seem to be "hundreds" of them. I said I was hopeful I could provide them with resources and law references to point them in the right direction. We pulled up the website w.servicedogsforliberty.com and I was able to show them the legal section. In addition, I was able to give them the State Parks own policy section (#4312) that addresses service dog access.

I am optimistic that by asking for this meeting, and giving them additional resources they will start the steps necessary to better train the staff.

Regarding the second goal, the supervisor told me he would talk to Ranger Rick but that I had to file a formal complaint. Ranger Rick had numerous opportunities during the course of the incident to let it drop, say good bye, have a nice day, or even send someone over to the cottage say they were sorry and we wouldn't be bothered again . None of that happened. Because he made up lies and was so far over the line, I will proceed with the formal complaint.

Did this incident ruin my vacation? No.

But it did ruin that day and we did wait around all day today for the supervisor. I have spent a lot of precious vacation time on this issue.

I am hopeful the time and effort will help staff be better trained.

I am hopeful the next time a disabled person with a service dog, is so full of joy for being able to walk on the beach, they won't be crushed by an ignorant staff person harassing or telling them they have no right to be there.

I am so tired of it.

Darcie(and Peter and Roz, and Quam...) thank you for your willingness to share how you handle these confrontations, even though they make you so sad, frustrated, uncomfortable....

I meet with confrontation occasionaly with my SD's in training. I have been very guilty of staying away from places I perceive as challenging from the public access part. (I love places that look like they might be physically challenging, as I want the dog to experience a noisy football stadium, a uneven curb, cobblestones, etc for training purposes).

So, my belated New Years Resolution will be to try new restaurants, and not just the same friendly ones. To speak up for service dogs and to continue to try to educatate the public. Pretty much any time I am out with a SD I am also an ambassador for both the orginization I volunteer with but also Service Dogs in general.

My own challenge was recent. I was picking up some tickets at the Epilepsy Foundation and knew it was a great opportunity to visit an office building. After riding the elevator and thrilling the staff with a potential seizure alert dog visit, we returned to the lobby on our way out to my car. The security dog looked at me, I smiled and said Hi. She asked if that was "a blind dog". I get that a lot. I said no, this was a service dog and she asked what the dog did for me. I proceeded to then tell her it was a service dog in training and I was exposing her to different environments as well as socialization. At this point, most people are charmed, want to hear about it. She told me I would have to leave as only dogs that were helping you were allowed in the building. At least she had some knowledge of service dogs. I proceeded to tell her that dogs in training were governed by the same ADA laws. She told me that wasn't what her boss told her, so I offered to explain it to them. Why didn't she call them for me? She declined, but then asked what I was doing in the building. I told her I had been up to visit at the Epilepsy Foundation, thinking that might be an aha moment for her. WRONG. She then proceeded to tell me that since I had business in the building I wasn't training the dog and I would have to leave:confused:. I again suggested that I talk to her supervisor, and she again declined. I tried to explain that it was good for the dogs to be exposed to everything and that I took her everywhere. I told her the grocery stores didn't mind at all when I made a purchase and didn't just walk up and down the aisles. I told her this dog was going to lunch with me next. As I was in the process of leaving, I finally gave up. I told her I hoped she would not give the next person with a dog a hard time, and she said not if it was a "working dog".

I give up.

I had a great lunch with my daughter later that day and we laughed about ignorance, but now, I think maybe I should have insisted on speaking with her supervisor, or gotten her name, or whatever. I think it was as much of a power struggle and an inability to admit error as anything else.

On a good note, the sweet 9 month old golden just stood at my side, wagging her tail gently. I am sure she thought that lady just wanted to pat her.

Edited by sunshine426

We too have had problems just like the rest of you. You would think after all the tv shows and news about service dogs that we would have no problems like this. A few years ago we went to a race in South Carolina. We found this Benihana (sp) type restaurant, as we entered a girl came running up to us of course telling us we couldn't bring the dog in. John patiently got out his ID card and a copy of the ADA that he keeps in his bag just for this reason. Well she called over another person and another and then finally the manager came out from the back. After 20 minutes of trying to explain things to this guy, they finally let us in. We ended up in the far corner of the place hidden from any other customers. We always get frustrated but in the end we laugh it off. All you should have to do is show an ID and thats the end of it. A park ranger who is working for the STATE should be the most educated of all!!

I think it was as much of a power struggle and an inability to admit error as anything else.

I'm so sorry about all of the situations that many of you have had to endure in your lives with your much needed SD's. I imagine that Sunshine hit the nail on the head with that last statement though - it probably comes down to power tripping and an attitude of not admitting fault when the truth is revealed to them. Keep up that fight though - all of you deserve peace!!!

Miriam

PS. I had to laugh a bit to myself at Peter's description of himself a few posts back because that is me to a tee - I hate conflict and will back down, well, that was until I needed to start advocating for my daughter. I still hate that feeling I get when I stand my ground but when all is said and done, and I have won over my point, I actually feel good about myself :) If we ever get a SD for her, I imagine there will be a few sticky situations too but each time will empower both of us even more and I think that is what each and everyone of you has been doing - empowering yourself and educating the public!!!

You know, the part I do not understand is, I worked for County Government for 24 years. In the 1990's we had to train everyone in Ethics and Cultural Awareness. ADA was part of it. We took that course as serious as Sexual Harassment. Don't these people realize they can loose their jobs and go to court and have to pay monetary awards, just for acting (notice I did not say being) stupid. I also cannot believe someone would stand their and deny you access to their supervisor. I would call the administration office and demand to speak to whoever was that persons supervisor. The woman did sound like she was some what familiar with the law, but obviously not all of it. You would think she would want to know the correct answer for future confrontations. She sounded a little to badge heavy to me. I am always the first to admit it, if I did something wrong or had the wrond information or no information at all.

My DH looks healthy as a horse, but can not walk more than 100 yards (If that) without having to take a break. We could probably get a handicap parking sticker, but I don't know that I could take the confrontation on an on going basis. I just let him out in front, park the car and then go back and get it and pick him up. Sometimes not so convenient, but working for now. Most ignorant people do not listen to what you have to say anyway. They have their minds made up and thats it for them

Ok, so I have ranting enough for a Sunday morning. I am slowly stepping off my soap box and returning to the thought of cruising. I found an excellent price on a 12 day Hawaii cruise. From Hawaii to Vancouver (draw back for us) for a balcony, $999.00! Now if it was going to Ensenada, maybe. Still don't know how I would get hubby to Hawaii. He is a NON flyer. But a girl can dream, they can't take that away from me.:D

Nancy

BTW, Roz, what is required for Princess Cruise lines for taking a service animal. I know what I have to do for Carnival, but I do not know what I have to do for Princess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chacooe: Before I answer your question......I want to give "Kudo's" to everyone who has experienced the "morons" who stop us in our tracks with inane questions and negative responses to our SD's. And, Peter, I get that "rock star" feeling everytime we enter the public venue.....I'm getting more used to it.....and, I know that I can NEVER pick my nose in public again!!!!!!!

Also, have you all heard the great news on the latest ruling by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation...."All U.S. airports are required to have installed service animal relief areas by May 13, 2009. If this is taken seriously, and with our help, it should be......air travel with our SD's will be that much more convenient.

Now, Chacooe, on traveling with your SD on Princess, as we will be doing on April 18th (can't wait)! Call: Allison Muff, Access Coordinator, at: 661.284.4521 or Fax: 661.284.4408....or write: Princess Cruises Access Care Office: 24305 Town Center Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355.

Need:

1. Letter from your dcotor stating the reason why the service animal is accompanying you onboard.

2. Interational Halth Certificate-US Agricuilture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (get this from your vet.)

3. Any city license or dog training org. certificate

How lucky to have such a wonderful family to take care of your cruising needs and wants.......

Darcie: Geeeeeezzzzz! Talk about "hoops and whistle's!"

Unless you have been put through these experience's and have been made to feel as "little, demeaned and unwelcomed" as the following stories you've read......you'll never understand the public humiliation and hurt that a person feels when being confronted by someone who insists that they are "right" and you are "wrong" by having a Service Dog and being in the public venue with it!!!!!!!

Darcie, you did the right thing and, maybe one day, we, who need and get great value from the partnership of these amazing animals will never have to be faced by another negative confrontration!!!!!!

Confrontation! Sorry about the spelling error.......The word gets my ire up so easily that I have difficulty spelling it!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, it will be a word of the past for all of us!!!!! We can dream can't we?

I know that I haven't lost my fight......Oh! Sometimes, I feel a bit weak in the knees and I just want to stay home and hide-out and, then I look into Brenda's eyes and I realize how much training has gone into her and what she loves to do....and, we go out, together, and she smiles at me and I smile back......thanking her for her hard work and wonderful work ethic......How could I let HER down?