Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Then there's the old advice for newly-arrived politicians: "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

(Though come to think of it, a self-respecting dog probably has to draw the line somewhere.)

now that is funny and true at the same time.

Horton's Vet wants him to weigh 90lbs and CCI wants him to weigh 80 [actually, they want him under 80 and compromised!] The Vet said he was way too thin at under 80 and likes him just the way he is. No more, no less.

CCI wants them too skinny. Wex was 66 when we got him. So scrawny and bony. I like some meat on my dog, not fat. I dont want to pet bones.

As you all know or should know :rolleyes: My son is getting married. Its been a very exciting time and very emotional for me. We had dinner yesterday with my future in-laws. Very nice people, I think we will have alot of fun. They are getting married at http://wrightsmillfarm.com/ Check it out. On the site under venues, they will be getting married at the waterfall and reception in the large ballroom. Went wedding dress shopping last weekend, and it was so much fun. I'm enjoying the whole process. I think being the grooms mother is alot easier and less stressful, and I can really enjoy it!! Its going to be a fishing themed wedding. They met on a fishing website. Even though its fished themed, its not going to be tacky. Its amazing the pretty things she has picked out for fish. lol

The pic will be on their "save the date" card.

Also, anyone have any ideas how to make Wexlers vest weddingish? I have a crappy one that I could cover in white or something. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Cindy

4116.jpg.8dee9bf5279d92b7219a675f8a354bd8.jpg

As you all know or should know :rolleyes: My son is getting married. Its been a very exciting time and very emotional for me. We had dinner yesterday with my future in-laws. Very nice people, I think we will have alot of fun. They are getting married at http://wrightsmillfarm.com/ Check it out. On the site under venues, they will be getting married at the waterfall and reception in the large ballroom. Went wedding dress shopping last weekend, and it was so much fun. I'm enjoying the whole process. I think being the grooms mother is alot easier and less stressful, and I can really enjoy it!! Its going to be a fishing themed wedding. They met on a fishing website. Even though its fished themed, its not going to be tacky. Its amazing the pretty things she has picked out for fish. lol

Also, anyone have any ideas how to make Wexlers vest weddingish? I have a crappy one that I could cover in white or something. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Cindy

Cindy you must be so excited. Congratulations again!

I bought Brenda a white collar with white flowers and bells on it. I got it from Baxter Boo or Four On The Floor. It can be worn by a female or a male. It's really full.

Cindy, that's Four On The Floor Pet Wear. Otherwise, you're going to see all kinds of music sites, I think.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

since i can only use 6 of these: :p:p:p:p:p:p!

Roz, you are the matriach of this site. Without you creating it, we would have never come together. And who knew, i don't even have a service dog! Just had my big sweet renie and a lab connection. Miss that boy to the moon and back.

Love you, more!

♥♥♥

Happy Halloween!

I'm afraid I'm not being creative this year. Jagger is going to be a hot dog with mustard. Should be fun though as we are having a party at the ranch. Lots of photos to come shortly! :)

BTW, I am on the waiting list for the place I found. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait. It's perfect. Right down the road from the ranch, and near lots of things while still having that residential feel.

I hope you get it!

The reporter from our local PBS TV station came over yesterday to do the CCI interview. She was great! It took about 2 hours but here it is. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/canine-companions-help-those-with-disabilities/#.Vjf08D9-Rvk.mailto

It's wonderful!!!!

Got the whole family involved this time. I think all of you and the reporter did an excellent job of presenting an interesting story while getting in all kinds of facts about the CCI program, puppy raising, training, and the importance of the dogs to recipients. I especially liked the part about how dogs can change the way strangers interact with people with disabilities and provide involvement - aside from their "superhero powers" when doing their tasks, they sure do break down stereotypes, barriers and isolation.

Great job!

The reporter from our local PBS TV station came over yesterday to do the CCI interview. She was great! It took about 2 hours but here it is. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/canine-companions-help-those-with-disabilities/#.Vjf08D9-Rvk.mailto

Absolutely brilliant :D - I am going to send this on to our friend you met on your Alaska cruise!

I loved it! Kim said it all! Thank you for sharing your lives with all of us and for representing CCI so well!

Tell Kim she makes me so proud to be a recipient of an amazing CCI dog.

It's wonderful!!!!

Got the whole family involved this time. I think all of you and the reporter did an excellent job of presenting an interesting story while getting in all kinds of facts about the CCI program, puppy raising, training, and the importance of the dogs to recipients. I especially liked the part about how dogs can change the way strangers interact with people with disabilities and provide involvement - aside from their "superhero powers" when doing their tasks, they sure do break down stereotypes, barriers and isolation.

Great job!

I totally agree. And one of the most important parts of the piece was:

“When Kim started to go to college, she was the kid in the wheelchair and people shied away. Then she started bringing Orson and people wanted to come over and find out about Orson. Then she became Kim, oh by the way she a service dog,” said dad Dennis Bratnik.

<snip>

“People like me are capable of doing anything we want, and our service dogs are an extension of that. They help us to accomplish and do these amazing superhero tasks,” Kimberly said.

Kim and Orson are clearly the dynamic duo demonstrating that, as a team they can conquer life and all the challenges that entails.

DisneyKidsDad, thank you for sharing this truly inspiring experience with us as well as thanks to Lauren Wanko's superb presentation and to NJTV for broadcasting it.

I totally agree. And one of the most important parts of the piece was:

“When Kim started to go to college, she was the kid in the wheelchair and people shied away. Then she started bringing Orson and people wanted to come over and find out about Orson. Then she became Kim, oh by the way she a service dog,” said dad Dennis Bratnik.

<snip>

“People like me are capable of doing anything we want, and our service dogs are an extension of that. They help us to accomplish and do these amazing superhero tasks,” Kimberly said.

Kim and Orson are clearly the dynamic duo demonstrating that, as a team they can conquer life and all the challenges that entails.

DisneyKidsDad, thank you for sharing this truly inspiring experience with us as well as thanks to Lauren Wanko's superb presentation and to NJTV for broadcasting it.

Ditto! ♥

They did a fantastic job with this - what great publicity for CCI. Kim and the rest of your family are truly wonderful ambassadors. Thanks for all that you do to promote CCI! It is touching to see how much Orson is helping Kim. I am so thankful to be a recipient of one of these amazing dogs!

Dianne

Cindy

Congratulations on the wedding! You are right, being the mother of the groom is the best. Not very stressful. Henri wore a collar with ruffles and rhinestones to my son's wedding in September.

Dianne

For those of us cruising within the next 30 days. I need your checklist. What do you bring onboard with you that I MUST NOT FORGET for a 2 week cruise.

Please don't suggest laundry detergent........I will bring enough un-mentionables for 14 days before I will ever do laundry while I'm cruising.

I went into my Cruise Personalizer and purchased the Unlimited Soda & More Package and the Princess 50th Anniversary Charm. I was told that they run out of the charm quickly so I'm making sure that I have one waiting for me when I arrive.

Thank goodness I'm driving to and from the dock so I can bring as much luggage as I need to. What's on your list?

For those of us cruising within the next 30 days. I need your checklist. What do you bring onboard with you that I MUST NOT FORGET for a 2 week cruise.

Please don't suggest laundry detergent........I will bring enough un-mentionables for 14 days before I will ever do laundry while I'm cruising.

I went into my Cruise Personalizer and purchased the Unlimited Soda & More Package and the Princess 50th Anniversary Charm. I was told that they run out of the charm quickly so I'm making sure that I have one waiting for me when I arrive.

Thank goodness I'm driving to and from the dock so I can bring as much luggage as I need to. What's on your list?

You mean you don't just bring a weeks worth and turn them inside out for the second week? :confused: