Price drop question

I was wondering... If there was a price drop for the first 2 passengers, but the 3/4 rate when up, can I just get a refund for the first 2 passengers and keep the 3/4 rate as is? Or do I only qualify for a refund if my entire reservation has a price drop?

A price reduction will apply to whomever it is given. If it is for the 1st/2nd passenger then they will get it and if is applies to the 3rd/4th then they will get it. Only applies to all if the price drops for all. Hope this makes sense.

I called for a refund because my 1st and 2nd rate dropped but the TA told me that because the 3/4 rate went up, I wasn't going able to get a refund. I'm not sure of the policy regarding price drops. Thanks for your reply!

I called for a refund because my 1st and 2nd rate dropped but the TA told me that because the 3/4 rate went up, I wasn't going able to get a refund. I'm not sure of the policy regarding price drops. Thanks for your reply!

I have never heard of that policy, are you sure the TA just doesn't want to lose the commission. I would call RCCL and DON"T tell them you are booked through a TA and just run the hypothetical scenario by them and see what they say.

I have a question.

I booked a cruise with a TA the price has now dropped on a similiar room.

However, the TA is now not in until Mon. so can I call RCL directly or do I have to wait until Monday and speak to the TA.

Thanks!

sufan...With one very dramatic exception (over the top TA incompetence), every single post i've seen on CC with that situation has been replied with something like "if you book with a TA you can't talk to RCCL".

It looks like the category I booked is no longer available, but the 1st and 2nd rates dropped for other categories and the 3/4 rate went up. Can't they upgrade me to the higher category and give me a refund for the 1st and 2nd rate?

The reservation is looked at as a whole. The whole cabin will be refared, which means that if you get a discount on the 1st an 2nd, and the third and 4th rate increased, the computer will automatically fare the 3rd and 4th higher, and give the 1st and 2nd the discount. I haven't seen where you can divide it out. Now if the 3rd and 4th stayed the same, then the 1st and 2nd would get the discount.

It looks like the category I booked is no longer available, but the 1st and 2nd rates dropped for other categories and the 3/4 rate went up. Can't they upgrade me to the higher category and give me a refund for the 1st and 2nd rate?

I´m not sure if I understand this correct but I thought if your category isn´t available there´s no price for your category available at all, so how do you know there´s a price drop. The fact that the price for other categories dropped doesn´t mean it dropped for your category:confused: . Am I wrong in this?

Here is my experience with this....

1. Had a price drop to the 3rd/4th person. It was applied.

2. The price for 1st/2nd person dropped but 3rd/4th went back up.

3. Called RCL and they applied the drop for the 1st/2nd persons but did not apply the increase back to the 3rd/4th persons.

4. Two more price drops for the 1st/2nd persons within 3 weeks of sail date and they applied them and refunded my cc.

I booked directly with RCL. Not a T/a. Good Luck.

I am cruising in March and went on the RCCL website to see if there was a price change, but since there are no rooms avail. in the catagory I reserved how can I find out if the rate changed?

As long as there are no cabins in a certain category available they don´t need to price this category, so there won´t be a price drop.

• 4 months later...

We booked directly with RCCL. The third passenger fare doubled (RCCL doubled 3rd person fare for every category with a balcony for our sailing), while the fare for the 1st/2nd passenger went down. When I called them mentioning the drop for 1st/2nd, they told me that they would refare it. When I got the email of the updated invoice, they refared everyone, so the price did not change at all. Called them back, and was told it is the way it is. I should have confirmed that at the first call so I would not have even needed to bother getting it refared. Oh well.

Archived