How to attach the luggage tags?

travgurl

How do you recommend to attach the luggage tags?

Did you use the Electronic tickets where the luggage tags are printed out on your computer or the mailed documents where the luggage tags have the elastic bands??

Please do not attach the tag to the very top of the handle. The Porters will surly Rip the tag off and your luggage Will go straight to the lost and found at the pursers desk. It Will sit there until someone claims it.

I'm gonna take a guess and say the ones printed on the computer. (At least I hope so...):cool:

In which case, I'd suggest that you lay a piece of clear packing tape on the top of the tag, leaving an extra bit on each end, and then fold it over the handle or other handy area of the luggage and fasten the 2 ends together. Kinda makes a loop around the handle. At least this is how I plan to use mine in December.

hope this helps:o

I just did one, basically, print one out, do not cut, just fold by the numbers. Then use clear packing tape, the 3M kind or the one sold at the post office will work. Tape the long way but over lap the tape, leaving about 1/4 of an inch outside the borders. So 2 strips of Tape the long way will do. Now you have 2 options. first one is the one I like, punch 2 holes on each side at the bottom and run a rubber band around it so you can hang it off any of the 2 Luggage handles. Second, you can use the heavy duty Staples.

The other method that also works is, once you folded the tag and trimmed off the excess part under the Staple mark, you can take it to Staples or Office Depot and have it Laminated. Then all you need to do is punch a hole at the bottom and run a Rubber Band around it.

Fred

We are using heavy contact paper to laminate ours. We are laminating them already folded and then punching a hole in the top and using zip ties to secure them. The contact paper is cheaper than the laminating paper. I spent alot of time volunteering in kindergartens and we used contact paper to laminate everything. It's pretty cheap too. The ones that we have done so far seem pretty strong, actually stronger than the tags they used to send. I am more concerned about the amount of ink used to print them. There are 12 of us and we all have a few suitcases. We are the only one with a printer so we get to do all of them. Cindy

Archived