"Priority" check in

Carol RN

If you are booked in a mini suite, does that qualify for the "priority" check in privilege that is described on NCL's website regarding suites. I'm not sure if this applies to a true suite, or if mini suites are included.

If you are booked in a mini suite, does that qualify for the "priority" check in privilege that is described on NCL's website regarding suites. I'm not sure if this applies to a true suite, or if mini suites are included.

Nope - penthouse only - unless you are on the Sun

Nope - penthouse only - unless you are on the Sun

What is the difference on the Sun? We are sailing on the Sun in Feb. and have booked a balcony but thinking about changing to a mini suite. How is a mini suite on the Sun different from one on the Jewel?

What is the difference on the Sun? We are sailing on the Sun in Feb. and have booked a balcony but thinking about changing to a mini suite. How is a mini suite on the Sun different from one on the Jewel?

The Sun has so many fewer Minis and suites for that matter then the new Star/Jewel class ships it is possible to provide full concierge service. Last time I was on they even got VIP embarkation, priority tender tickets etc. I short the same tratment as a penthouse except butler service.

There are 178 mini suites and Suites on the Jewel. The Sun and I counted them once but not going to do it again to day has around 40. About the same number of full suites on the Jewel.

The Sun has so many fewer Minis and suites for that matter then the new Star/Jewel class ships it is possible to provide full concierge service.There are 178 mini suites and Suites on the Jewel. The Sun and I counted them once but not going to do it again to day has around 40. About the same number of full suites on the Jewel.

The total number of Suites/Mini-Suites on NCL ships.

Pride of Aloha 14

Spirit 18

Dream 18

Majesty 22

Pride of America 52

Sun 54

Crown 90

Star 143

Dawn 143

Jewel 178

POH/Jade 178

Pearl 178

Gem 178

I'll agree, it's practically impossible for one concierge to provide equal services for all 178 cabins vs 54 or less cabins.

That's why Mini-Suites on the larger ships receive far less VIP service and service from the concierge.

Another reason why sailing on a smaller ship can be better.

POH/Jade 180

Pearl 180

Gem 180

They added the 2 deluxe owners suites to those ships :eek:

But NCL only added on delux owners suite to the POH/Jade, therefore it has 179.

Never-the-less, there's a significant difference in work load between 54 and 180 cabins for the single concierge to keep happy.

The Sun has so many fewer Minis and suites for that matter then the new Star/Jewel class ships it is possible to provide full concierge service. Last time I was on they even got VIP embarkation, priority tender tickets etc. I short the same tratment as a penthouse except butler service.

There are 178 mini suites and Suites on the Jewel. The Sun and I counted them once but not going to do it again to day has around 40. About the same number of full suites on the Jewel.

Thanks for the info, soundss like a mini suite on the Sun is the way to go!

Same priority as any latitudes member in most cases :eek:

Ok? So why is Bronze & Silver showing "Special Latitudes Check-in" and Gold & Platnium indicates a "Priority Check-in" on the Latitudes section of the NCL site? Is this really the same thing, or does it vary by port and Ship? :confused:

Ok? So why is Bronze & Silver showing "Special Latitudes Check-in" and Gold & Platnium indicates a "Priority Check-in" on the Latitudes section of the NCL site? Is this really the same thing, or does it vary by port and Ship? :confused:

I believe it varies by port and ship. Many of the contractors that work the piers have no clue about the program.

I believe it varies by port and ship. Many of the contractors that work the piers have no clue about the program.

I would think it would be in NCL's best interest to let the contractors know about this program, or, maybe change the wording on their website. Most people that know anything about this may be under the impression that the website is (mostly :eek: ) accurate.

Archived