Soda Card Question

Legg

So what's the scoop on these soda cards. My kids don't drink soda but do drink lemonade. What are the costs (Carnival Pride - Mexico)? Do they need them for lemonade? :cool:

There is free lemonade available all the time on Lido deck in the buffet area. Also free is fruit punch, iced tea, hot tea, coffee, milk, chocolate milk, and juices (apple, orange) in the morning. Enjoy! :)

Hi Legg, and welcome.:) No need to buy the cards. Here's something I posted awhile back, so you can see what all is included. Bet they can find lots of things they'd like to drink:

Beverages included in the cost of your cruise:

Lido buffet area - Iced tea, hot water & tea bags, coffee, decaf, hot chocolate, juice varieties, water, lemonade, fruitpunch. On buffet, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk.

Dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, coffee, water, decaf, milk, chocolate milk, juices, espresso and cappuccino.

Room service - MOST of the beverages that are available on Lido, but not lemonade or fruitpunch.

Only buy a soda card if you think you'll want to drink more than 2 drinks per day on your cruise - we bought one because 1 - get more in the big glasses at the bar than they sell you at dinner (smaller glass), 2 - way convenient for our bartender at dinner, he had our drinks before we were settled down, no need to show card/sign etc., was very convenient.

Just off the Pride.

I drink soda and my husband drinks soda. We bought one card and we did share it. The name on the card was only our last name and we both carried it. We never needed two sodas at one time so it was fine. I boguht only one card for my kids. My son didnt ever use it. He loved the punch in the dining room. He never gets it at home so it was a real treat for him.

Now, your arnt supposed to share the soda cards but you arnt supposed to do a lot of things. If it doesnt work for you, you can always buy another soda card half way through the cruise if you feel you will need it.

• 2 weeks later...
Now, your arnt supposed to share the soda cards but you arnt supposed to do a lot of things.
There are a lot of rules on board ship (as there in other parts of life) but in all fairness, sharing a soda card among a group of people has more in common with taking something you didn't pay for than it does with breaking a "rule" like hogging a chair or not wearing jeans in the dining room on formal night (to pick two hot topics on the boards)......

Beverages included in the cost of your cruise:

Lido buffet area - Iced tea, hot water & tea bags, coffee, decaf, hot chocolate, juice varieties, water, lemonade, fruitpunch. On buffet, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk.

Dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, coffee, water, decaf, milk, chocolate milk, juices, espresso and cappuccino.

Room service - MOST of the beverages that are available on Lido, but not lemonade or fruitpunch.

Just wanted to tell you, Cotton, how much DH & i have appreciated the cappuccino-in-the-dining-room tip! :) Much better than the regular coffee served, & no extra charge like there is in the cafe. :D On the Celebration, my friend had our dinner waitress, Violetta, one morning for breakfast in the dining room, & she made a cappuccino-to-go for her to bring me in the cabin ... *so* nice! :cool:

On-topic, you are allowed to bring a "small quantity" (i believe that's the current wording) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard. We bring bottled water for both of us, & a 6-pack of Coke for me, & have never needed to buy a soda card.

There are a lot of rules on board ship (as there in other parts of life) but in all fairness, sharing a soda card among a group of people has more in common with taking something you didn't pay for than it does with breaking a "rule" like hogging a chair or not wearing jeans in the dining room on formal night (to pick two hot topics on the boards)......

Who decides which rules are to be followed. I'll take the person who "steals" 75 cents worth of coke over a chair hog any time!

Only buy a soda card if you think you'll want to drink more than 2 drinks per day on your cruise

Another thing to consider is you may get less than enthusiastic service when trying to use the card. In my experience with the card, the bartender would take their time getting to me if they saw the card. It may be wise to tip your favorite bartender up front to get quicker service, or hide the card until they serve you ;)

If you are not addicted to soda, best bet is to pack a 12 pack and a soft sided cooler (this is allowed).

I bought the soda card and got my money's worth. I spent about the same amount on the card that I would have spent if I had purchased each drink as I went. I agree with "repete" about the service when flashing the soda card. My soda card and I were not met with enthusiasm at any of the bars. It didn't bother me, but I could definitely see a difference in the service when I ordered an alcoholic beverage and when I ordered a diet Coke.

I bought a soda card and the red thermal cup was extra, but cheaper if I bought it with the card. I can't remember how much it was, but I want to say like $6.00 or $7.00. I have of these cups now, so I just bring them with me when I cruise and no need to buy another one.

I'll take the person who "steals" 75 cents worth of coke over a chair hog any time!

How do you know what the true cost of a glass of soda is in the middle of the ocean? Did you factor the delivery, storage, manpower involved to serve it?

Here's one for you as well. A digital photo costs less than 50 cents to print, yet the cruise lines charge $20 for one. Pay for one, but take a few others. You know, they charge a ton for them and they cost 75 cents or less...

You can take the photos back to the pool deck, throw someones towel off the chair when they head to the bathroom and then sit and enjoy your photos knowing you got your moneys worth :p

The soda cards are a good deal for my family. We show the card once in the dining room and our waiter has one ready for us at the table for the rest of the dinner meals.

Also, we don't need to wait at the bars for a bill to sign and we get a soda during the show. If you aren't going to get at least 3 sodas a day the card is not worth it.

Archived