Bought Gold Level On Cruise Last Year-How does this work??

donnar

We were on our third cruise last year and the Dawn had this deal that for $250 you would be gold status on your next cruise. (along with other perks!!) When my TA called to make our reservations in Feb (for our Aug cruise) the woman from NCL said to my TA--oh they are gold status (my TA repeated this as she was speaking to the person). If I go on NCL website and put in my lat # is says I am still bronze. I want to make sure I will have gold status on this trip because I paid for it. So I am excited about being gold for this trip but then I am hoping it does happen. Has any one bought this deal and how does it work??:confused:

We were on our third cruise last year and the Dawn had this deal that for $250 you would be gold status on your next cruise. (along with other perks!!) When my TA called to make our reservations in Feb (for our Aug cruise) the woman from NCL said to my TA--oh they are gold status (my TA repeated this as she was speaking to the person). If I go on NCL website and put in my lat # is says I am still bronze. I want to make sure I will have gold status on this trip because I paid for it. So I am excited about being gold for this trip but then I am hoping it does happen. Has any one bought this deal and how does it work??:confused:

Never heard of being able to buy levels. I have done 3 ncl cruises and am booked for 3 more Sept and Jan. That will put me at silver.

I would be interested to know how u make out with this Thanks.

I have never heard of buying Lattitude levels either. Last year when we were on the Dawn, the Lattitudes Manager was talking about their "new" scheme where you could put like $100 or $200 down and then book anytime within the next year and have another year to take the cruise or something like that. You would also get some perks on the cruise you were currently on like priority disembarkation and stuff.

This guy was telling all kinds of things to try and get people to sign up for this program. Some of the stuff he was saying I knew was just not correct and was not the way things were done at NCL. So I left and never went back to anymore of his presentations. Everytime he spoke to Lattitudes members on board, he was pushing this new scheme and begging you to sign up. It got old real fast!

Perhaps they sold you a bag of goods last year to get you to sign up! Did you sign up last year with the program to book with in a year and apply what you already paid??

With this deal we did get $100 off our current cruise,priority disembarkation and $250 towards our next cruise--if we cruised with in 18 months. We were to be gold status for the next cruise only. I better be gold on this cruise or someone will hear about it from my DH and it won't be pretty!!:mad:

With this deal we did get $100 off our current cruise,priority disembarkation and $250 towards our next cruise--if we cruised with in 18 months. We were to be gold status for the next cruise only. I better be gold on this cruise or someone will hear about it from my DH and it won't be pretty!!:mad:

What does you contract say - it may in fact not be pretty:eek: :D You got a great deal anyway it turns out. For $250 you got a $100 obc, priortiy disembarkation, and were able to hold your next cruise for only the $250 deposit. You got a $100 return on a 1 year $250 investment. Not a bad deal even without gold.

What does you contract say - it may in fact not be pretty:eek: :D You got a great deal anyway it turns out. For $250 you got a $100 obc, priortiy disembarkation, and were able to hold your next cruise for only the $250 deposit. You got a $100 return on a 1 year $250 investment. Not a bad deal even without gold.

We bought this program last November on the Dawn. We used it on the Spirit in Feb. I was gold but husband was stayed silver. We were on the Spirit again in May and I was still gold. My Newphew who only sailed once and bought the program onboard was gold also.

This sounds very much like the "Cruise Rewards Program" we signed up for on our recent cruise on the Pearl to Alaska, but with no mention of any "Gold" benefits. Briefly, here's what it says:

"Receive $100 off your current onboard account when you sign up for the Freestyle Cruise Rewards Program. You can have up to 12 months to decide when or where to book your next NCL cruise and 30 months (2 1/2 years) to sail.

When reserving your next cruise with cruise rewards, the $250 on your account will be applied as your deposit and no additional down payments/deposits will be required to hold your booking -- no matter how many guests share the same stateroom. This means that your initial deposit requirement is reduced by as much as 70% and the balance of your next cruise will only be due 90-days prior to your next sailing date.

Cruise Rewards allow you to search for the best available promotions directly with your travel agent or NCL. Once a booking hs been made with cruise rewards, you will have the flexibility to change the ship, date or itinerary for the remainder of the 12 months and up to 90 days prior to your next sailing date with no penalty."

OP Yes, it is true.

Last year BEFORE December 7th anyone who bought cruise rewards were given GOLD status on their NEXT cruise.

But... NCL couldn't keep track of all the cruise rewards Gold people, so they made everyone who bought it before December 7th 2006 a GOLD member.

I was already gold at that time so it didnt men much to me. ;)

My DH is a gold member--he just got this little package in the mail today. It had luggage tags and stuff. He used his lat. # when we signed up for the deal. I didn't get anything:( . It all came in his name. I am jealous. I guess I will reap any benefits since I room with him!!!:cool:

OP Yes, it is true.

Last year BEFORE December 7th anyone who bought cruise rewards were given GOLD status on their NEXT cruise.

But... NCL couldn't keep track of all the cruise rewards Gold people, so they made everyone who bought it before December 7th 2006 a GOLD member.

I was already gold at that time so it didnt men much to me. ;)

Bonjour Sherri! :)

So if I understand well, I should be a gold member instead of silver? Do you know when they decided to made everyone who bought it before December 7th 2006 a GOLD member? On my last cruise, in March, I had to go to there desk and ask for the gold status. I still have one more cruise reward that I purchased before December 7th to use anyway...

I, too, received the gift and Gold status yesterday. I purchased the Rewards program while on the Dawn in November 2005. I have been on 2 NCL cruises since then and never received any of the Gold status perks. I didn't realize you had to ask for them. Maybe next time! :D

what do you get for gold status?

Is it just something you can tell other CC'ers?

Levels of Membership:

BRONZE

SILVER

GOLD

PLATINUM

BRONZE BENEFITS

(members with 1-4 completed cruises*)

Access to Latitudes customer service desk

Complimentary subscription to Latitudes, a quarterly members-only magazine

Latitudes pricing on all sailings

The added enjoyment of Polo Club benefits when sailing on Orient Lines' Marco Polo

Special Latitudes check-in

Latitudes ship pin

Latitudes onboard liaison to answer your questions at sea

Members-only cocktail parties hosted by the Captain

SILVER BENEFITS

(members with 5-8 completed cruises*)

The added enjoyment of Polo Club benefits when sailing on Orient Lines' Marco Polo

Special Latitudes check-in

Latitudes ship pin

Exclusive gathering

Tasty treat delivered to your stateroom two times during your cruise

GOLD BENEFITS

(members with 9-13 completed cruises*)

Priority check-in

Latitudes ship pin

Exclusive gathering

VIP service, which includes:

Welcome basket

Priority restaurant reservations

Priority tender tickets

Priority disembarkation*

Invitation to the Captain's cocktail party

PLATINUM BENEFITS

(members with 14 or more completed cruises*)

Priority check-in

Latitudes ship pin

Members-only cocktail parties hosted by Captain

Exclusive gathering

VIP service, which includes:

Welcome basket

Priority restaurant reservations

Priority tender tickets

Priority disembarkation*

Invitation to the Captain's cocktail party