Just back from the Dawn 6/30~long

ricruisers

If we don't get delayed, (lol) any suggestions for a beach in the Bahamas and how to get there?

In Bermuda, $100 for a cab to Horseshoe bay? Is that round trip? Can it be divided amoung the passengers? How many per cab?

Thanks...any information would be appreciated.

Mike

I would take the bus to Horseshoe Bay, much cheaper and easy. There is a bus stop right near the beach. All you have to do is walk down a hill. It is a pretty big hill so when you are leaving there are people that will drive you back up for $1 per person...lol, we walked, it's not that bad!!

I absolutely love Horseshoe Bay. Have a great time!! Make sure you explore the beach, there are some amazing spots!

i didnt hear about the incidents with the passangers in bahamas. I heard 4 people missed the boat in bermuda now did anyone hear that?

as far as the lounge chairs went I sat up on balcony in mine and it was nice and peaceful. I did miss the going ons at the pool but found that it wasnt worth the aggravation of having to sit and watch parents not take care of their kids etc... been there done that!

But I did love the cruise:)

My favorite spot in the Bahamas is Rose Island. It was a regular excursion, but due to the fact that they are building a Westin, they don't have as many tours, and I've read that it depends on the day you are there. We were only there for one day this time...well, actually we weren't there at all during the day(lol)...so we didn't go. The ocean is just like a pool. It is unbelievable and the snorkeling was great. My husband loves waves, so if you are looking for that, it wouldn't be the best place. We were looking forward to going to the Wynham. At $15.00 per guest, you can use their facilites, pool and their sister property, the Nassau Beach Club, and it seems like a fun atmosphere. The best way to get there is by taxi, but if you are up for it you could take the jitney. Another popular option is the beach at the Hilton. We also went to Atlantis one time and went to the public beach there. It was very nice and we were still able to get chairs.

I agree..Horsehoe is beautiful. I believe the price was per taxi cab. Since there were 2 of us, we didn't pursue it. The bus was a great option for us. Yes, and we took advantage of the $1.00 ride up the hill...we were in a bit of a hurry to get back for our excursion. The $2.00 was well spent!! :)

i didnt hear about the incidents with the passangers in bahamas. I heard 4 people missed the boat in bermuda now did anyone hear that?

as far as the lounge chairs went I sat up on balcony in mine and it was nice and peaceful. I did miss the going ons at the pool but found that it wasnt worth the aggravation of having to sit and watch parents not take care of their kids etc... been there done that!

But I did love the cruise:)

Passengers miss the ship every week, if not on every cruise, so I'm not surprised. I also agree, the activities by the pool is much too noisy for me, give me peace and quiet on my balcony any day or night. :)

Hi! My husband and I are cruising on the Dawn in August. We'd like to go on one of the boating/beach cruises in Bermuda, but are unsure which one to do. Has anyone been on the Restless Native or the 9 Beaches Resort excursions? This is also our first time on NCL, so any advice is welcome!

Thank you!

Elizabeth

I didn't do either excursion because we didn't want to miss Horseshoe Bay. We booked a late afternoon excursion that was cancelled. I'm sure wherever you end up in Bermuda it will be nice. I hope you have a great cruise!

hi can you tell me if there is a coffee pot in the room.

i read somewhere that there was. i was on the dawn in 2004 but do not remember.

thank you,

Fran

I was in a balcony cabin and we had a coffee maker in the room (w/packs of Folgers), as well as a small wet bar. Don't if the same is true for oceanview or inside cabins.

Hi! My husband and I are cruising on the Dawn in August. We'd like to go on one of the boating/beach cruises in Bermuda, but are unsure which one to do. Has anyone been on the Restless Native or the 9 Beaches Resort excursions? This is also our first time on NCL, so any advice is welcome!

Thank you!

Elizabeth

We did the Restless Native Excursion last year. The snorkeling was fine and the crew very knowledgable and friendly. The catamaran, however, is the most comfortable way to travel. They had cookies and very watered down Island Breezes available for the return trip. The weather was iffy so the sails were up only for a small portion of the trip.

I tought it was expensive for what you got. This year its Horseshoe Bay.

Archived