Sailing excursions St.Thomas/Maarten

Anyone out there have experience with excursions on these islands that include catamaran/sailboat? We (myself, dh, ds-9,and dd-7) would like to hit the beach on one island, and possibly do a little sailing/snorkel excursion on the other. These are the two I have checked into that I am torn between!

St Thomas Caribbean sail to Christmas and Honeymoon Coves-pirate themed schooner, possibly more kid friendly?

St Maarten Golden Eagle island sailaway-a champagne serving catamaran, sounds lovely, but fun for kids?

Both stop at beaches for snorkeling/swimming and include lunch.

Which ever island we don't choose to sail at, we would like to go to the beach, so the beach situation at both islands may also sway our decision.

Hope somebody has some info for me! Thanks.:)

One of the most enjoyable excursions we've ever done was sailing from St. Thomas over to St. John with Interline Sail. Jan and Omar are absolutely wonderful, and their boats are gorgeous. Their website is http://www.interlinesail.com and they are quick to respond. Book it yourself -- not through the ship. They can do a full or half day sail; you'll sail over to St. John, anchor, and snorkel for as long as you like. Jan will prepare a lovely lunch for you on board. She even had champagne for us since we were celebrating an anniversary! We have booked them again for our 12/9 AOS cruise, and can't wait. They take a maximum of 6 people only, so it's definitely not a cattle boat trip. I can't recommend them highly enough!

(PS -- If you do book, tell Jan that Nancy and Eliot sent you!:D )

We booked a private trip through "Your Guide to Shore Excursions" on a Cat that had six people. The cruise ship excursion had over 50 people on it and snorkling was a joke for them. We snorkled in the same spot as the larger cat and had a better time. The best joke was the crew of our cat told us about very large tarpon fish we would see. One woman from the other cat saw the tarpon aqnd started yelling Shark Shark. As the others scrambled back to ther boat we stayed out and enjoyed the rest of the day.

Ken

Archived