Snorkeling Spots In Bermuda

Cjw0808

I’m cruising to Bermuda on the NCL Majesty in a week. My family and I plan to snorkel but we don’t know where we should. Does anyone have suggestions about the best beaches to snorkel at in Bermuda? Please answer back if you can. Thank you. :D

Hi,

I like Elbow Beach, just a quick taxi from Hamilton, the capital. There's a local dive shop on site, Blue Water Divers, where you can rent snorkel gear if you don't have any. The reef is accessed from the sand beach and there is a wreck off shore if you are in shape to get out that far (about 100yds off shore). The guys at Blue Water can recommend entry and exit points and if you want, can supply a snorkel guide for a price. There are public showers and toilets and a very good small restaurant on the beach next to the dive shop. If you go, ask the taxi to take you to Elbow Beach Resort and to drive you "down the hill" to the restaurant (it's a bit steep). You do have to hike to the top of the hill to the hotel to get a taxi back but there's always a taxi there. You can see some of the reef life at my website: http://www.randallgamby.com/bermuda-index1.html (I dive there so you'll see most of the fish from the top :O) ).

Randall

Archived