Sovereign, Majesty, or Monarch, Deck 8 Obstructed Cabins....

If anyone has stayed or been in these oceanview cabins on deck 8, category G, I am trying to find out if the beds are together or run along the walls making a 90 degree angle. I have stayed on the majesty on Deck 6 cabin category F and the beds ran along the walls to form a 90 degree angle, so when they put them together, I had to climb over DH to get up. But when we sailed on the monarch, we were in a SO category cabin on deck 9 and the beds were next to each other and had space for us to get up on either side and walk around.

The reason why I am asking is beacuse I was thinking of surprising DH for his 30th Birthday and flying down to Orlando and meeting up with my-laws and have the 4 of us sail on the Sovereign. It would by my in-laws first cruise, so I would prefer that the beds have room on the sides to get up, as they are a little older. Any feedback or ideas are appricated!!

We've been on deck 8 on the Sovereign twice. The beds are at 90 degreases, so when put together you need to climb over someone. We've also been on the Monarch on deck 9, these cabins are larger and have just a little more space to move around. Any more questions, just ask.

We've not been on deck 7 on the Sovereign but on decks 3,4 & 5 the beds are at the 90 degree angle. I think it is that way on all the decks unless you have a higher category cabin. For such a short cruise why not leave the beds apart? Our last time on the Sovereign the beds were apart when we 1st got to our cabin, there seemed to be more room to move and no "climbing" problem. After dinner though they were together, kinda wished we'd had the Steward leave them apart.

Archived