Aisle Runner

Suggestion...

Grab a dozen roses from a garden, or grab a cheap dozen from a flower vendor and carry them onboard.

Dont try to get them thru RR/TWE or delivered by a florist - they will cost you an arm and a leg.

If you have no where to "grab" cheap roses from then call your florist and ask how much money for a "growers bunch" of roses.

A growers bunch is more than a dozen, and should be cheaper then an arranged bunch. The catch is that they will come wrapped in celophane with all thorns and leaves on the stems (un cleaned) and you will also have to pick some of the outside petals off the flowers, because they will be the green "first leaves" of the flower.

Then, before your wedding, have someone spread the petals down the aisle.

This way you dont need to know how long the runway is.

We did this and it worked out great.

Suggestion...

Grab a dozen roses from a garden, or grab a cheap dozen from a flower vendor and carry them onboard.

Dont try to get them thru RR/TWE or delivered by a florist - they will cost you an arm and a leg.

If you have no where to "grab" cheap roses from then call your florist and ask how much money for a "growers bunch" of roses.

A growers bunch is more than a dozen, and should be cheaper then an arranged bunch. The catch is that they will come wrapped in celophane with all thorns and leaves on the stems (un cleaned) and you will also have to pick some of the outside petals off the flowers, because they will be the green "first leaves" of the flower.

Then, before your wedding, have someone spread the petals down the aisle.

This way you dont need to know how long the runway is.

We did this and it worked out great.

How did you get the live flowers onboard? I didn't think we were allowed to bring real flowers on board the ship?

You are allowed to bring anything onboard. you are not allowed to bring anything OFF the ship.

For example - fruits from america are allowed to be carried on to the ship but those same fruits are not allowed to be carried off into a port of call, nor back into America.

Flowers are allowed to be carried onto the ship (floral deliveries from vendors happen while the ship is in port, after all...right?) BUT those same flowers are not allowed to be carried off the ship into any port of call or back into your destination port.

If you were getting married onboard, while the ship was in a port of call, your wedding boquet (et al.) would be brought onboard, right? You are not, however, allowed to bring your wedding boquet home with you.

Make sense?

This rule applies to anything considered "fresh". Fresh food, flowers, a windjammer deli sandwich (I tried!) etc.

Pre packaged food, professionaly sealed, is fine to carry off into any port of call, or back to the states.

I'm not getting married on a cruise, but I did just pick up an aisle runner from Hobby Lobby (75' long - I think) for my wedding in November. It was half off, so it cost me about $17. Just an FYI all their wedding stuff is on sale (at least, it is at the Hobby Lobby by me!)

My church said I have to have an aisle runner if I want the flower girl to drop real rose petals, else it might stain the carpet. :eek:

did you also use the aisle runner or just the flowers?

We just used the flower petals.

The Hobby Lobby by me is also having a wedding stuff sale, must be chain wide.

You can also purchase fake flower petals to drop. Probably much cheaper and no staining anything!

I thought you couldnt bring flowers on board either. Thats why if you want to bring your own bouquet it must be silk??

You can order a dozen roses to be delivered to peoples cabins on board the ship - where did you think those flowers came from?

We got married while the ship was tendered in Cozumel. The wedding coordinators brought my bouquet, etc on board with them...

I hand carried a few dozen roses onto the Vision of the Seas in San Pedro....

I don't know what to tell you....

I think they "discourage" it because they want you to order from them and pay their price...but I did it!

If you want to do the rose petal thing and don't want to chance a power tripping port security guard then just do fake rose petals... When they are on the ground you cant tell the difference anyways, and they would be much cheaper!

I ordered a cascade bouquet of tropical flowers from my coordinator in Barbados for our wedding. I asked Carnival and they said we could bring the flowers back on the ship but we can't take them off when we come home or into any other port.

HTH :)

I ordered a cascade bouquet of tropical flowers from my coordinator in Barbados for our wedding. I asked Carnival and they said we could bring the flowers back on the ship but we can't take them off when we come home or into any other port.

HTH :)

Right!

Flowers can be brought onto the ship in any port of call. Flowers, food and other perishable items cannot be removed from the ship tho.

I thought you couldnt bring flowers on board either. Thats why if you want to bring your own bouquet it must be silk??

I think people bring silk if they are getting married later on during their cruise and still want the flowers to look good.

Fresh flowers may or may not be allowed to be brought onboard the ship. It depends upon the port and on the individuals checking people in. So I wouldn't take the chance. If you opt to use petals instead of an aisle runner, silk rose petals will be inexpensive, easy to transport and much easier to clean up. Or you could do both and decorate a plain runner with some scatterred silk petals. I actually used neither, and I didn't miss 'em.

I like the personalized aisle runners, and wanted to use one.

The companies that make them are rather pricey, but I found instructions on how to create your own personalized runner on a wedding chat board and thought I'd give it a try. Now I just need to know just how long (or short) it should be. :)

KSIrby

Sure Saraloo!

The link below is where I got the instructions for the personalized aisle runner. It comes from the board nycityweddings.com.

Let me know if for some reason you can't access the information and I will just post the instructions themselves. I hope it works because the link also has pictures. :)

http://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/topic.aspx?ID=339122&Highlight=DIY+aisle+runner

KSIrby

Saraloo,

I think it would mostly depend on the venue that you're assigned for your ceremony - which of course, at this point we don't know.

That's why I was trying to find out if there was a "general" length that other brides had used during their ship ceremony. I found a 100' runner that I will cut down to maybe 50'. :confused: The portion I cut off will be used as practice.

I LOVE the DIY aisle runner. Such a fabulous idea and so simple. I can't believe it didn't even occur to me to do that. We are actually getting married in a garden and I was going to forego the aisle runner, but I love the personalization in the samples, and my fiance loves the idea, too. Thanks for sharing Ksirby! :)

Archived