Grand Princess - how is she aging?

DiazLoves2Cruise

Well, my DW presented me with a proposal to get the whole family together for a holiday cruise in 2008. After tons of research, it looks like Grand Princess leaving on Friday, December 19, 2008 is going to be our best choice for all involved.

I haven't been on Grand Princess since 2001, I'd like to know how she's holding up and when or if she's been in drydock or scheduled for drydock.

Thanks! :D

Well, my DW presented me with a proposal to get the whole family together for a holiday cruise in 2008. After tons of research, it looks like Grand Princess leaving on Friday, December 19, 2008 is going to be our best choice for all involved.

I haven't been on Grand Princess since 2001, I'd like to know how she's holding up and when or if she's been in drydock or scheduled for drydock.

Thanks! :D

We were on her in March and think she's "aging gracefully." We didn't notice anything in disrepair or shabby looking.

We were on the Grand for the Transatlantic Crossing 4/28-5/14/07 and she is still beautiful. I was worried that she would be showing signs of age or disrepair but was pleasantly surprised to find her in great shape! I did not notice anything that stood out as needing repair or replacement, however I wasn't looking for negative things because I was too busy enjoying my cruise!:) I think the Grand is a great choice! Enjoy your cruise!

Janpatch

We were on board this past December and will be on her again in a couple of weeks. In December, I thought the ship looked very good overall, though our cabin carpets were in need of replacement. That's probably been taken care of by now. I personally think the ship looks better today than she did the first couple of times we were on board, back in 2003.

Archived