Princess Cay have you ever had a Beach Bungalow or Cabana?

DiazLoves2Cruise

We did it on a Spring Break cruise on the CB. Unless you get to the island early enough to get a good location (up front).....Don't Do IT!!!!

They are not very big and they are VERY close to each other, packed in several rows deep. All we could see was the back of the cabana in front of us. There is no breeze so it gets a bit ...uh, WARM :rolleyes:

We got there early, like previously stated. It was awesome, we had a nice breeze and never had to worry about loosing our chairs. We also left our stuff in it (under the chairs) while we snorkled and had no problems.

We have booked another one for September and plan on getting out early again.

We had a front row cabana on Princess Cays Saturday and would do it again. Getting off early is a good idea if you are planning on a renting one and doing some snorkling - better visibility in the water early before it fills up with swimmers who disturb the bottom.

Unless I'm mistaken, these are two different "animals". A cabana is just a cover over a beach chair (for two, where you might suffocate:eek: !). A bungalow is a "little" house with AC and a private waiter. The last time I checked, the bungalow was about $200.00 for 6 people. http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdetail.jsp?shorexId=RSD-285

Bottom line on the cabanas - get off the ship early so you get one in the front row. That way you have a breeze (no suffication), a view, and room to move (not another cabana 2 feet infront of you in addition to cabanas 12 inches on either side of you).

If you can get of the ship early enough to get one in the front row, they're GREAT :D

Wondering what the charge is and if you enjoyed it enough to do it again?

Also what does it include?

We did the Cabana last year and doubt I would do it again. We did have a front row one which was nice, but they only have them on one side of the beach and my understanding is that the water was a lot rockier over there.

The snorkeling is better on the other side as well too. However the PLUS is....you are on the buffet side of the island :D

We did the Cabana last year and doubt I would do it again. We did have a front row one which was nice, but they only have them on one side of the beach and my understanding is that the water was a lot rockier over there.

The bungalows are in a grove of tall palm trees with some nice shade. They are small huts...basically one room with a ceiling fan, air conditioning and a table with chairs. Included is wait service for food and drinks, a shower and lounge chairs. It's a great place to get out of the sun and heat and well worth the $199. Oh, you also get priority tendering.

The bungalows are in a grove of tall palm trees with some nice shade. They are small huts...basically one room with a ceiling fan, air conditioning and a table with chairs. Included is wait service for food and drinks, a shower and lounge chairs. It's a great place to get out of the sun and heat and well worth the $199. Oh, you also get priority tendering.

I couldn't agree more. It was probably the best $199.00 we spent on our trip. Book early as they go really fast. In March, there were only six bungalows, but plans were to add six more. No timetable on the additional six.

Archived