How does the Sail & Sign card work?

abismom04

I did not notice this question asked about the sign and sail card. Myself, Hubby, and three teens (16,17,18) are going on cruise from August 20-25, 2007 (Celebration out of JAX). My question is: I do not want my children spending things on the sign and sail card and have a BIG surprise at the end. Can I have their sign and sail card "de-activated" for making purchases and/or charging things?

I did not notice this question asked about the sign and sail card. Myself, Hubby, and three teens (16,17,18) are going on cruise from August 20-25, 2007 (Celebration out of JAX). My question is: I do not want my children spending things on the sign and sail card and have a BIG surprise at the end. Can I have their sign and sail card "de-activated" for making purchases and/or charging things?

Yes I don't activate my kids' cards.

Now, if you use your Debit Card, Carnival is going to run your card and put a $400 HOLD on you checking account. That automatically freezes $400 in your checking...CAN'T BE TOUCHED. Then at the end of the cruise, Carnival will debit from your account the total amount of your S&S charges,,,,,let's say you charge a total of $275 on your S&S. The $400 is still frozen. They deduct $275 from your account?????

The $400 that they HOLD, probably won't be released back to you until about a week after you return.....

this is from the Bank of America website..this applies to the debit card with the visa logo

Purchases for airline, hotels, car rentals, travel, and mail or telephone orders are only subject to the initial "authorization hold," and the funds will be credited back to your account by the next business day. Once these types of transactions are processed, which may take several days, the actual amount of the transaction will be posted to your account.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived