Clip on Hair Pieces

puglvr

Thanks for the pics! I suppose that since I have my hair colored (sshhh, don't tell anyone!) that I could get one then just make sure my hair dresser colors mine to match.

My friend did that exact thing with hers. The color difference wasn't really noticable until she put the extension on. So she took it to her stylist and had her color her own hair to match better! :)

Peg, they do have extensions with highlights in them. They're the more common highlight colors. Nothing outrageous, like blue. Sorry to disappoint! lol :)

I've joined the fake hair club! I bought a fun bun on http://www.hairextensions.com and I love it! I was worried about how it would look with my short ponytail, but it works really well! My hair's a little lighter than the color I bought, but I was going to darken my own hair anyway. Now I want to purchase one for a curly ponytail!

luvmytbear,

Thanks for the great info on the hair clips! I grabbed my sister so that she could help me match my color as much as possible. We went to Sally Beauty Supply. The lady at Sally's was fabulous! I ended up getting the Revlon Clip-It Fancy and the Revlon QuickClip 2 Shag. I have now added the link you provided to my Favorites!

My sister is working on growing her hair out. Now she is excited to be able to get some hair pieces also!

I am so hair challanged that you just can't imagine how much you have ended up helping me!!

luvmytbear,

Thanks for the great info on the hair clips! I grabbed my sister so that she could help me match my color as much as possible. We went to Sally Beauty Supply. The lady at Sally's was fabulous! I ended up getting the Revlon Clip-It Fancy and the Revlon QuickClip 2 Shag. I have now added the link you provided to my Favorites!

My sister is working on growing her hair out. Now she is excited to be able to get some hair pieces also!

I am so hair challanged that you just can't imagine how much you have ended up helping me!!

From another very hair challenged woman, you're quite welcome! I'm glad you're having fun with your hairpieces. I'm using the Clip-It Fancy for my wedding hairdo! :)

i have clip in extensions from sally's. i bought them and took them to my usual hair appointment and my hair dresser put them in. i have layered hair so she had to cut them to blend in. as we took them off, i numbered them with a sharpie and drew a "map" on the packaging of where they go on my head. if you do buy the extensions, you might want to get 2 packages. it takes more than one and you'll have plenty extra. its like they know that you cant get away with just on package so they make you buy 2. also i bought a clip in hairpiece thats a formal updo. i wore it on my wedding and got tons of compliments. i bought mine at an "island" shop cart at our mall. i looked at sally's too. they didnt have my shade of blonde, but the revlon ready to wear hair is great. i have friends that have it. just google it and find a website that sells a great amount of them and you'll have better luck finding your color. also jessica simpson, hair u wear is great. its all one piece and it is removable as well. i love mine. they also have an updo design. its available on the web or QVC.com. they even have a hair sample ring that you can "rent" to match your hair color on some websites. just google that as well.

I got my hair colored on Wednesday. My hairdresser and I had entirely too much fun! She is now ready to go out and get one of her own.

Than you so much for all of your advice. I can't wait to buy more!!

I have attached a picture (I hope). The top poof of the ponytail is actually my hair. It matches really great.

I got my hair colored on Wednesday. My hairdresser and I had entirely too much fun! She is now ready to go out and get one of her own.

Than you so much for all of your advice. I can't wait to buy more!!

I have attached a picture (I hope). The top poof of the ponytail is actually my hair. It matches really great.

Aww...no pic! :(

This thread is dangerous. I am not quite sure why I started reading this one, but now I think I will have to go out and look at clip on's. No one get mad at me please, but I am one with very thick, coarse hair which is long (isn't that what everyone wants). Actually, what everyone wants in the thick, long, smooth hair, this coarse hair can get really funky at times. Well, it is a pain and I am very hair challenged, so I only wear it long and straight (very outdated like the 70's) or up in a pony tail. I love the thought of these clip on's. No more paying a stylist a lot of money for an updo that only last 1 night.

I assume these will work in any type of hair?

Linda

This thread is dangerous. I am not quite sure why I started reading this one, but now I think I will have to go out and look at clip on's. No one get mad at me please, but I am one with very thick, coarse hair which is long (isn't that what everyone wants). Actually, what everyone wants in the thick, long, smooth hair, this coarse hair can get really funky at times. Well, it is a pain and I am very hair challenged, so I only wear it long and straight (very outdated like the 70's) or up in a pony tail. I love the thought of these clip on's. No more paying a stylist a lot of money for an updo that only last 1 night.

I assume these will work in any type of hair?

Linda

Yep, they'll work on any type of hair! :D I've cut my hair since I bought mine, but my hair was bra-strap length and they worked for me. They are addicting, so be warned! lol Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Ladies, I just got back from Sam Moon's in Houston. They have a HUGE selection of clip-on hair and a very knowledgeable salesperson to help. We had great fun trying them on and I came away with the cutest little clip-on. It's on a comb with 3 long pieces on bendable wires. I can bend them high or low, either way they look great! The majority of pieces were from $13-$16. What a bargain!

I bought hair! How fun is that. Thanks to a previous poster, I went to Sally's and got a curly-clippy-thing to wear. I will bring it with me--but wonder if I will have the courage to actually put it on my head!?!!

Sally's had a great selection and I was amazed to find something that really was close to my color (more gray (snif) than blonde!).

I bought hair! How fun is that. Thanks to a previous poster, I went to Sally's and got a curly-clippy-thing to wear. I will bring it with me--but wonder if I will have the courage to actually put it on my head!?!!

Sally's had a great selection and I was amazed to find something that really was close to my color (more gray (snif) than blonde!).

Woo hoo Marti! I just went to Sally's last night and bought 3 new Revlon ones that I think I'm going to like. I've been buying them there for the last several years for days when I don't feel like "doing my hair". Greatest things ever invented!!!:D

Play around with them, you'll love them!

Happy Sails!

Romy

Woo hoo Marti! I just went to Sally's last night and bought 3 new Revlon ones that I think I'm going to like. I've been buying them there for the last several years for days when I don't feel like "doing my hair". Greatest things ever invented!!!:D

Play around with them, you'll love them!

Happy Sails!

Romy

The one I got was Revlon, too. It is very curly and clips just on the back of the head. My hair is curly, but I usually blow it out. I may go back and get the smooth one--about 5 inches long. See how this one works when I have time to play this weekend.

Archived