Rolling Cooler

Proud Mom

I'm sorry if this has been on the boards before, but when I search I get so much information I don't know where to start. I am a huge water drinker so I want to take a cooler filled with water. If I don't want to check in the cooler, is there a limit on the size? Also, is there a limit on how many other bags I can carry in addition to the cooler?

Thanks in advance to all.:)

Are you flying to the port? If so, there will be a problem with bringing a cooler along with all your other bags. You're limited to two bags at 50lbs. There is water on the ship, and your cabin will have a refrigerator, and your cabin steward will bring ice---the water on the ship is much cleaner than your own tap water---you can bring a couple of bottles and refill them as you need. A much better idea is a collapsible cooler. As for size, anything you carry on must fit through a small xray scanner, usually smaller than the ones at airport security. There's no limit to what you can carry on, but it all has to fit through the scanner. Plus, it's a huge hassle to carry on more than one or two items. It's very crowded in the terminal and the passageways are rather narrow.

this is discussed a great deal on the

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

NCL board.

last sept we brought a couple 6pks of pepsi, 1 6pk of dr pepper and a 6pk of water for our family of 7. but some of that family lives near seattle, where we cruisied from.

if you aren't flying, some do stick a luggage tag on a cooler and have it delivered to the room. but to be honest, the water out of the faucet is better then most bottle waters. the ships do a better job of filtering it.

remember, you can get more at the ports.

you would only be able to bring a small cooler, it has to go through the x-ray machine...for embarking they use the small x-ray. the hallways are narrow and your room may not be ready...dragging it through the ship with others trying to find their cabins...it could get nasty.

Just to make sure, you don't mention whether you're flying or driving to get to your cruise ship. If you're flying, you cannot carry-on any liquids (except a quart baggie filled with containers less than 3 oz each) except drinks purchased after you get through security. So - either you're driving, which means you don't have this issue, or you'll have to buy the cooler, etc at the Port before you get on. I think you'll find plenty of water (as mentioned above) that will be good to you on the ship, and if you just have bottles to refill, you'll be in good shape...

Archived