tenders to island info please

southwestie

hi

we are on the 10th Novemeber cruise to the carribean, can anyone help with the tender times etc.

we want to be on island of st lucia by 8.15 to join a prebooked tour.

is that possible, the ship arrives at 7am .

hi

we are on the 10th Novemeber cruise to the carribean, can anyone help with the tender times etc.

we want to be on island of st lucia by 8.15 to join a prebooked tour.

is that possible, the ship arrives at 7am .

Hi Rob,

You may be a little tight with timings so I guess you'll need to make your requirements known to the tour office once you're aboard. As far as I know, tenders are 'allocated' in the first instance. That is priority goes to passengers who've booked 'Cunard' trips aboard, then it's by 'grade' of cabin. So steerage who've booked nothing are last on the list to get off the ship. Passengers are allocated tender numbers and the issue of these is controlled by the tour office aboard, hence advice to seek their blessing.

Failing that, find the disembarkation point and just blag your way off:) :)

Hi Rob...we're on the same trip. Have you found the Roll Call for our trip? We have several people already so do stop over and join in. You can find it here.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519175&page=4

As to your question, I agree that might be cutting it close. Cunard sponsored tours get priority although in St Thomas last Dec, I had chartered a fishing guide for my husband and he wanted to meet the ship very early. When I mentioned this to the Cruise Director he suggested that I go to the Purser's Office and ask for a priority boarding card for the 2 men. This worked great as they got off right away on one of the first tenders. So you might want to try that.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Hi Rob...we're on the same trip. Have you found the Roll Call for our trip? We have several people already so do stop over and join in. You can find it here.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519175&page=4

As to your question, I agree that might be cutting it close. Cunard sponsored tours get priority although in St Thomas last Dec, I had chartered a fishing guide for my husband and he wanted to meet the ship very early. When I mentioned this to the Cruise Director he suggested that I go to the Purser's Office and ask for a priority boarding card for the 2 men. This worked great as they got off right away on one of the first tenders. So you might want to try that.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

Penny's advice sounds good Rob; anything to get hold of the priority boarding card which is the answer to your early disembarkation. I don't think there's a definitive answer to what time the tender's start. That's dependent upon a number of variables, but check with Cunard maybe plus advise your trip organiser that you'll be joining from QM2. It's all fairly laid back in the Caribbean so I'm sure there's room for flexibility. Good luck:)

Penny's advice sounds good Rob; anything to get hold of the priority boarding card which is the answer to your early disembarkation. I don't think there's a definitive answer to what time the tender's start. That's dependent upon a number of variables, but check with Cunard maybe plus advise your trip organiser that you'll be joining from QM2. It's all fairly laid back in the Caribbean so I'm sure there's room for flexibility. Good luck:)

There is a syin g"down there"

"We be on island time, mon!"

The island's main "airline" is LIAT, also known as "Leaves Island Any Time" (as in never on schedule!)

Karie,

who would like to be on island time!

Archived